Topic: [SOLVED] Remove DriverPacks?

I have just finished the perfect xp install..... and I happened to loose all my switchless installers and addons. I am having trouble setting up raid and would like to remove DriverPacks to eliminate   it as the problem.  How can i remove the driverpacks so that i can use my own sata/raid drivers without messing anything up?

Can i simply remove ROE.exe, the cmdlines.txt entry, and remove the oem folder it creates?

Last edited by ebin25 (2007-02-08 12:26:07)

Re: [SOLVED] Remove DriverPacks?

Start with a fresh XP

it was the raid drivers.  Is there a way i can just remove the text mode drivers from my install cd, or must I start over?

Last edited by ebin25 (2007-02-09 21:58:18)

Just slipstream the DriverPacks again using the BASE and unselect the TM drivers.
It will automatically undo any changes done in the previous run and sort of start all over freshly.

I kept bsoding during windows setup (installing on nvidia raid 0, sil sata.)  I noticed mass storage drivers had been updated from 701 to 7011.  Slipstreaming the DriverPacks again fixed the problem.  thanks for your input.

hehe
going from 7.01 to 7.01.1 you got you a version with silicon image driver that was working.
During testing, we killed a motherboard.
We was trying to figure out what exactly crashed this particular one. Some firmware versions of this chip will simply not behave well, while another version works.
The mobo has been repaired by now..

Bâshrat the Sneaky HWID tool cannot tell what firmware version the chip has.
But, during power up, you can see version, and I think you can do us a favour by posting that info.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

np, Sil 3132, Bios v7.3.13 (Asus crosshair)

Thanks.
Bâshrat the Sneaky, Ruud, Muiz and others need info like this..

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.