Topic: [IMPLEMENTED, PENDING] Dell 5IR SAS Controller

I've Seen this on my last few server installs.. would be really nice to see it included in MassStorage. Couldn't find it in the list and the install doesn't detect any drives with the current MassStorage pack included, so i can only assume it's unsupported so far. These drivers work perfectly when used normally (F6 + Floppy)

Link to entry on Dell site:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloa … eid=163147

Direct Link to drivers
ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/SAS-RAID/R122663.exe

Thanks to the whole team... you guys rock!

TheUni

Last edited by theuni (2007-01-11 16:10:31)

Re: [IMPLEMENTED, PENDING] Dell 5IR SAS Controller

Will be implemented in next version

Last edited by muiz3 (2007-01-11 23:33:26)

great! thanks.

TheUni

edit : will not implemented , the driver you gave is for 2003, and not for XP

implemented...xp driver only
Ruud will see if its possible to add them both.

So not so fast with the [REJECTED]  Bashrat.

Last edited by muiz3 (2007-01-21 06:24:04)

XP driver seems not be an option, since it will confict with an existing .sys file from a driver called "LSI Adapter, FC 4000 series, Dual or Quad port (with 929)".
We could create a workaround for that, there is however not much point in doing so since this Controller is meant to be used on servers.
I therefore added the Windows 2003 version of this driver.

Last edited by ruudboek (2007-01-21 10:25:12)

ruudboek wrote:

XP driver seems not be an option, since it will confict with an existing .sys file from a driver called "LSI Adapter, FC 4000 series, Dual or Quad port (with 929)".
We could create a workaround for that, there is however not much point in doing so since this Controller is meant to be used on servers.

That work-around is super-easy to implement... Without looking at the driver, it would look like this:

ms_count 			= 1
ms_1_deviceName		= "Dell SAS 5x Controller Driver (Windows XP 32-bit)"

ms_1_tag			= "lsi_sas"

ms_1_sysFile		= "lsi_sas.sys"
ms_1_hwids			= "PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0054&SUBSYS_1F041028,PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0054&SUBSYS_1F061028,PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0054&SUBSYS_1F071028,PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0054&SUBSYS_1F081028,PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0054&SUBSYS_1F091028"
ms_1_isBusExtender	= false	
ms_1_exc_skipIfOS	= "w2k,w2k3"

Notice the "ms_1_tag" line. This would be sufficient. Yes, that is the exact same tag as is used for the Windows Server 2003 driver, but that driver won't be slipstreamed into XP due to the "ms_1_exc_dkipIfOS" line, so in fact there won't be a conflict at all!

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

The windows xp version of the Dell 5IR SAS driver is not "lsi_sas.sys" but it is "symmpi.sys".
The driver "symmpi.sys" is already being used in windows xp by "LSI Adapter, FC 4000 series, Dual or Quad port (with 929)".
I could ofcourse give it another ms_1_tag name, but still, during textmode 2 symmpi.sys drivers will then be loaded. Will this not confict?

ruudboek wrote:

The windows xp version of the Dell 5IR SAS driver is not "lsi_sas.sys" but it is "symmpi.sys".
The driver "symmpi.sys" is already being used in windows xp by "LSI Adapter, FC 4000 series, Dual or Quad port (with 929)".
I could ofcourse give it another ms_1_tag name, but still, during textmode 2 symmpi.sys drivers will then be loaded. Will this not confict?

No, it won't, I'm using this exact same method for working around THREE files named htp3xx, two named si3112r (tagnames: si3112r and ati3112r, you will definitely recognize those), etc.).

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

same problem with LSI SAS 1068 driver on an HP Proliant DL140G3, F6+floppy. sad on WS2k3
implementation in next version is possible?

bye great Bâshrat

theSLug

I have implemented both the windows xp aswell as the w2k3 version of this SAS driver. It already is in the latest driverpack masstorage (7.01.1).

not work with 7.01.1
the driver for the LSI SAS 1068 from hp is this(only for 2k3):
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files … 24682.html (saved: cp00630.exe)
driver for xp not present on the hp site. possible is this: http://www.uniwide.co.kr/n2board/?doc=b … dd6e67cdf8
or this: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Netw … S-R127H-RH (probably)
tnx in advance

theSLug

Ok, the LSI SAS 1068 driver will be implemented in the next version of DP masstorage.
Only for windows 2003 though, i am unable to find a windows xp version of that driver with the same hardware id's.

tnx ruud wink

ruudboek wrote:

Well, I am one that needs to install this driver for a Dell 1950 SAS 5 Non-RAID under XP Pro.  We are bascially using it as a workstation.

But if I want to use this during XP install [after hitting F6] do I not need a txtsetup.oem file?  If so, could I have one - pretty please?

Told you ruud wink

Ya, there is always some nut in the world doing something they should not be doing!

Anycase, I got a driver from LSI - SAS3442X_XP_WHQL_MID1211705 that is for the SAS 5x that is for XP [with the oem.txt file in it].

Thanks anyways!  wink