Re: [SOLVED] ATIIDE.sys missing during text setup.

Ok i slipstreamed all into a new clean xp.
And  there is no atiide.sys in i386 after it.
But still dont know why.

Unable to reproduce this...

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

ruudboek wrote:

@Friends4U,

do you start your unattended installation from dos (with winnt.exe)?

Bootable CD, why?

Ok I get the same problem... Here is what I have found so far I think the problem my be in the base pack update feature. I downloaded and new copy of the base and extracted it in a new directory and copyed the same diverpacks over and retested the slipsteam and all seems to be fine now? This might be why Bâshrat the Sneaky can not duplicate this I would think he has a new build not an update but I could be wrong about that....

Could it also be that the QSC folder needs to be cleared after and update to the base pack? because the Massstorage textmode DP is stored there after the first run right?

Thanks,
Dean

Last edited by dolivas (2007-01-25 06:31:35)

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/5NQ1BpqvDa_0vDwtHeoZCcSJjOVNuvMXSp4i7SE7DQA/perpetual:forever/userbar/moderator-1.png

I've got the same problem. It was fixed after cleaning the QSC directory (file ATIIDE.SY_ have been created in I386).

Added: files DPs_BASE.exe after autoupdate and DPs_BASE.exe in distrb are totally equal...

Last edited by melato (2007-01-25 06:17:17)

Ok I can confirm now the problem is with the QSC directory needing to be cleared out after and base pack update. I just cleared the original directory I was working in and all is working as it should be.

Thanks,
Dean

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/5NQ1BpqvDa_0vDwtHeoZCcSJjOVNuvMXSp4i7SE7DQA/perpetual:forever/userbar/moderator-1.png

See my previous post on Page 1.

Had the same idea as Dolivas but all I left was the Driverpacks & 3rdParty folders.

Copied 7.0.1.4 to my c:\Bash folder and ran the file, created a DVD and everything ran fine

Hope this helps. If you need anymore info just let me know.

I noticed a problem with a previous install, never gave it a thought as I often recreate the DriverPacks folder.

Maybe Bâshrat the Sneaky could delete the folders etc as a part of the Base install !!!!

BigBrit

p.s. Sometimes the little voices are right, excuse me while I clean my AK47's an polish my C4.

Spoke to soon, got an error (see: http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=1206) in the finisher,
mine was in English but the same message.

Last edited by BigBrit (2007-01-25 07:42:18)

My bad, I should have mentioned that in the news item! I've now added it to both the news item of version 7.01.4 and 7.01.5:

UPDATE: If you have enabled QuickStream Cache and did slipstream DriverPack MassStorage 7.01, you will have to delete the directory "QSC\wnt5_x86-32_uni_DP_MassStorage_701_textmode".

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com