Topic: [IMPLEMENTED] Via V-RAID 5.40A; PATA/SATA IDE 1.60a and the IDE Falcon

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?Pa … bCatID=143
Link shows all three.

Didn't even know that the IDE was updated in November.

Edit nevermind about the falcon one  it's supposed to be merged into the PATA/SATA by the end of 2006 according to this:
http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?Pa … 67&P=4

Last edited by Ton80 (2007-01-11 22:05:07)

Re: [IMPLEMENTED] Via V-RAID 5.40A; PATA/SATA IDE 1.60a and the IDE Falcon

?????????

So will the Via PATA/SATA IDE 1.60A ever be implemented?   This is the driver for all NON-RAID SATA systems like mine when the SATA RAID Boot ROM is disabled in BIOS. Plus it has the PATA stuff too.  It treats the SATA HD as a Primary IDE device.  Don't ask me how though. Should this be in the chipset drivers section instead?

Last edited by Ton80 (2007-01-13 23:23:47)

I wanted to , but bashrat decided to bring out the pack when it was not finished yet.
So now you have to wait till the next version, im sorry.

muiz3 wrote:

I wanted to , but bashrat decided to bring out the pack when it was not finished yet.
So now you have to wait till the next version, im sorry.

You're putting it the wrong way, muiz.

We all (you, ruudboek and me) agreed that it was important to get this partial update already online, so that our users could confirm that the SiI3112r problems are indeed finished. Additionally, this would fix the problem in DriverPacks BASE 7.01.1 in which slipstreaming DP MassStorage text mode drivers did not work.

Whenever the next version of DP MassStorage WITH these new VIA drivers AND with more driver updates is ready, I'll put it online - whether that's today, tomorrow or next week. I don't see how it's a bad thing that this partial update is already online now.

So "I wanted to, but bashrat..." is not correct: I'm not to blame, and no one is. As far as I can tell, you haven't implemented it yet muiz, at least I don't see a new nightly in the Testing Team forum, so I don't understand why you are accusing me of something that's not even bad... And "you have to wait till the next version" can be tomorrow, the day after that, next week or whenever, whenever you, ruudboek and perhaps also Debugger are ready wink

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Youch,  didn't mean to stir up a hornets' nest.  I was just asking since I'm anxiously waiting to create my first disc with RyanVM-etc addons  AND drivers so that I can get rid of floppy figuratively speaking.   Before I was just doing RyanVM stuff.

Sorry about that.

Last edited by Ton80 (2007-01-14 01:04:21)

yea right

Uh, what did I say wrong or evil? 

I haven't yet slipstreamed any driver packs yet since they haven't got what I need yet, just yet; and I'm still learning all this out since Bashrat took a major break last year so I forgot about DriverPacks.  I have a single computer that can't risk a 'screwup'.   

What else don't you believe???  Argg.  guess I better go lurk again.   Sorry to offend.  Cya'll later

Last edited by Ton80 (2007-01-14 01:49:39)

New masstorage will come out soon...;)

Ton80 wrote:

Uh, what did I say wrong or evil? 

I haven't yet slipstreamed any driver packs yet since they haven't got what I need yet, just yet; and I'm still learning all this out since Bashrat took a major break last year so I forgot about DriverPacks.  I have a single computer that can't risk a 'screwup'.   

What else don't you believe???  Argg.  guess I better go lurk again.   Sorry to offend.  Cya'll later

You didn't say anything wrong wink

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Its in the next version...