Topic: [SOLVED] CLI.exe error

Forgive me I am new at this and its my first attempt. I downloaded and installed every driver pact onto unattended XP cd and did a reinstall. I get a message after startup that CLI.EXE can not start and will shutdown. I searched forum and couldn't find anything.

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2006-08-01 19:31:19)

Re: [SOLVED] CLI.exe error

I don't know this by heart, but I'd say this is related to ATI's CCC. Do you install the .NET FrameWork BEFORE the finishing batch file gets executed?

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

I wasn't sure I should post in forum because I am not really up to speed on all this. Unless .NET FrameWork is installed on it's own without me having somehow adding it then it's not installed. All I have done is slipstream sp2 and all hotfixes into windows xp pro. Which worked great then I did another dvd with all your drivers (and hotfixes and sp2). I installed all of them following your directions. When it started I think what was step 3 of process the first line in cmd window said something about a file not found. But process never stopped or asked me to do anything (in regards to the message). I did a google search to find out that CLI.EXE (sorry that A mistake in my last post it wasn't CLI.NET, I fixed it) had to do with ATI. My graphics card is a ATI 9600 PRO 128mb AGP based on Radeon. Sorry I am at work if my info wasn't detailed enough. The only editing I did of any of the files was to put hotfixes in as far as your drives I just followed directions. If I need to install framework can you give me link to directions to adding it? (-; In meantime I will try to find how or if it was installed by a search (I am not at my computer so I can't check for it being installed at this time)

Last edited by NutEdge (2006-05-28 01:42:52)

You can get a silent installation of the .NET Framework from Ryan's website: http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/

Follow these instructions to install it:

You need to open a command prompt window (cmd.exe) and navigate to your I386 directory (of the XPCD on your harddrive).
Once there run:

expand -r svcpack.in_

Then, open the svcpack.inf file in Notepad and under the "[SetupHotfixesToRun]" section, add "dotnet11sp1.exe".
Save the file and delete the "svcpack.in_" file.

Once you've downloaded the "dotnet11sp1.exe" file (from Ryan's site) put it in the I386\SVCPACK directory. It should work then.

Hope you can understand my rambling, I never was any good at teaching other people things. Any questions, just ask.

Edit: The CLI.EXE file isn't actually from the ATI drivers. It stands for "Common Language Interface" and is part of the .NET Framework install. That is the reason for your problem.

Last edited by Denney (2006-05-28 02:32:48)

So really that means that ATI Catalyst Control Center needs .NET Framework installed and that is root of problem. In my researching, today, it seems a lot of people can't stand the newer ATI Catalyst Control Center for various reasons. If I didn't want to use the newer ATI Cataylist Control Center and just use older one would I still have to install .NET Framework? How do I make sure only the older Cataylist Control Center (drivers?) get installed? Thanks for the help.

If you don't want ANY control panel thingie installed, just open DPs_fnsh.cmd (inside bin\finish.7z) and remove the lines that refer to the ATICCC (do a search for "ATICCC.exe"). In the next version of DriverPack Graphics A, the good ol' Control Panel should be reincorporated though. ATI has added it again, on a request en masse of their users smile.

NutEdge wrote:

So really that means that ATI Catalyst Control Center needs .NET Framework installed and that is root of problem.

Correct.
It's just the GUI which is dependent on .NET, the driver itself works flawlessly without.

In my researching, today, it seems a lot of people can't stand the newer ATI Catalyst Control Center for various reasons. If I didn't want to use the newer ATI Cataylist Control Center and just use older one would I still have to install .NET Framework?

No, unless you have other applications that require it (as I do).
Basically, I integrate it using the German variant of RyanVM (sereby.german-nlite.de).
The funny thing is, though, that my laptop which runs NHC, which also requires .NET always installas the CP version of the drivers, which, in turn, do not require .NET.
Any reason for that, Bash?

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

In the next version of DriverPack Graphics A, the good ol' Control Panel should be reincorporated though. ATI has added it again, on a request en masse of their users smile.

Oh, have they?
Last version I found including the CP was 6.3.
Of coure, you could always install the 6.5s, uncheck the CCC in adv. install options and install just the CP from 6.3.
Works like a charm.

Could we get an option to chose whether we want to integrate CCC or CP though?

Over the time I've become rather fond of the CCC (ATi did a lot to shorten loading times!) since it offers more options for more recent VPUs.
I already tried ATT but that didn't quite work out for me...

Helmi wrote:

g is, though, that my laptop which runs NHC, which also requires .NET always installas the CP version of the drivers, which, in turn, do not require .NET.
Any reason for that, Bash?

Yes... The Control Panel isn't developed in C# (which required .NET), but other languages (probably C++) that do NOT need a framework.

Helmi wrote:
NutEdge wrote:

So really that means that ATI Catalyst Control Center needs .NET Framework installed and that is root of problem.

Correct.
It's just the GUI which is dependent on .NET, the driver itself works flawlessly without.

Correct.

Helmi wrote:

In the next version of DriverPack Graphics A, the good ol' Control Panel should be reincorporated though. ATI has added it again, on a request en masse of their users smile.

Oh, have they?
Last version I found including the CP was 6.3.
Of coure, you could always install the 6.5s, uncheck the CCC in adv. install options and install just the CP from 6.3.
Works like a charm.

Could we get an option to chose whether we want to integrate CCC or CP though?

Over the time I've become rather fond of the CCC (ATi did a lot to shorten loading times!) since it offers more options for more recent VPUs.
I already tried ATT but that didn't quite work out for me...

That will be indeed become an option. smile

If you don't want ANY control panel thingie installed, just open DPs_fnsh.cmd (inside bin\finish.7z) and remove the lines that refer to the ATICCC (do a search for "ATICCC.exe"). In the next version of DriverPack Graphics A, the good ol' Control Panel should be reincorporated though. ATI has added it again, on a request en masse of their users smile.

Nice one sure will be appreciated.

Cheers
MC.

The Man from Oz