Topic: Snappy Driver Installer(SDI) - R423 now out

downloaded the big boy version of this tool all 10 gigs worth and ran it on 3 machines

It's a brilliant, simple tool 10gig on a stick just run the exe, click a few boxes job done!

this was using R326

1 x old win 7 x64 updated all perfectly without any issues or effort.  (lots of kit had later drivers)

1 x new build win 7 32 bit Dell Inspiron laptop.  Again dead simple all seems to be working, picked up calling quite few bits of hardware by different names !!!  I didn't get round to checking HDMI sound or the Webcam microphone.  Webcam comes up as windows generic driver 

1 x Vista 32 bit.  This one seems to come up short.  It doesn't check/come up with any new graphics, network or sound drivers.  (nor TV card but is this in the pack ???) even though the ones on the machine are ancient  And one Intel storage Ultra ATA controller (24DB) came up unsigned and waited for me to confirm go ahead anyway.

1 x Win 10 x64, quick pass on same Dell laptop, it only updated the missing Ricoh card reader and one other (I forget what), which seems odd as it was a clean install of Win 10 Pro x 64 lots of the core hardware had Windows generic drivers dated 2006 !!!

Last edited by botus (2015-11-28 07:21:07)

Re: Snappy Driver Installer(SDI) - R423 now out

excellent feedback - thank you

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

wow life doesn't stand still, two days later he's posted a new version with these changes (translated from Russian using google)

[r401] (10-11-2015)
• Restored the work program under Windows XP.

[r400] (10-11-2015)
• Improved display prompts at different sizes interface.
• Added the topic "Tweekend SDI".
• Code refactoring.

[r390] (07-11-2015)
• Fixed a bug with reset jackdaws when switching to expert mode.
• Added the ability to change the size of the interface elements. Ctrl + KolosikoMyshi (increase / decrease) and Ctrl + 0 (the default size).

[r388] (06-11-2015)
• Added Czech translation (Lenochod).
• Removed the division into large (16) and small (10). Now all size 14.
• Updated to 1.0.6 libtorrent.
• Updated to 1.59.0 BOOST.
• Updated 7zip to 15.8 Beta.
• Updated to GCC 5.2.0.
• Code refactoring.

maybe you're more clever than me but what I noticed in the full download with all the driverpacks (it does include TV cards) and these DriverPacks updated

Touch Pad from 15104 to 15112
Card reader from 15104 to 15112
all these go from 15111 to 15112
BT
Chipset
Lan
Mass Storage
Sound
Video
Wifi

Last edited by botus (2015-11-13 05:56:59)

So the Win8.1 x64 Asus laptop A200 flashed up the latest nag to get Win10

If you win R and type winver you can see what you have.  They were offering the NOV 2015 Threshold 2 version 1511 build 10586.14 so thought I'd give it a go.

All devices seem to have drivers but the graphics has gone poor with overblown contrast, all blacks and white and nothing in between, the wireless is struggling to connect and there some nasty polling / egg timer thing all the time every second or so, checked for updates (got some) rebooted 3 times egg timer still there.

So Earlier had downloaded latest 11.9 gig SDI pack

Ran SDI nearly every driver reco as better than brand new build from MS.

Installed 6 from the chip set driver pack rebooted and the egg timer issue has gone

I then added these
Wireless Qualcomm Atheros from 16/6/15 to 11/9/15
Network Qualcomm Atheros from 16/7/13 to 29/9/15
Bluetooth Qualcomm Atheros from 31/7/13 to 21/9/15

Intel Display Audio (HDMI ?) from 29/08/13 to 09/09/14
Realtek Sound from 11/12/12 to 17/11/15

its working far better... Thanks very much for all your hard work BadPointer to make the tool and all of you for the driver packs !

Last edited by botus (2015-11-28 08:21:47)

Have issue with all recent SDI versions, AMD have dropped support for 6800 graphics driver last one that's OK is Aug 2015

I'm running Win10 Pro 64 bit 1511   10586. 545

but SDI is coming up saying a new one is available, you run SDI and then PC comes up driver not installed.  Then on reboot clearly no driver working and screen on basic res.  Yet you can't do anything to fix as parts say its on the PC and happy !!! but clearly not working.  When you try Microsoft update it comes back saying best one is installed but of course its not working.  I ended up going to AMD site and getting the old one (which is same all SDI full packs from 2015 have)

I hoped SDI sorted in later graphics pack updates indeed they updated overall AMD graphics pack twice since I found this issue.  But all versions install a driver that doesn't work even when you tick expert mode and see hardware ID matches and its claiming to be perfect match.

Done this twice now and its no good Jul, Aug and now Sept versions of SDI   all U/S  AMD July 2016 driver 16.xxx is no good

this is the one that's OK   15.200.1062.1004  for this

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6739&SUBSYS_03B41043&REV_00\4&3CE708&0&0008: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

install log for driver that's OK

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="Report.xml.xsl"?>
<monetreport xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes">
  <general>
    <cmdline>-UI </cmdline>
    <time>09/06/16 17:00:48</time>
    <action>install</action>
    <download></download>
  </general>
  <dcm>
    <device>
     <name></name>
     <manufacture>Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.</manufacture>
     <chiptype></chiptype>
     <chipid>0xaa88</chipid>
     <vendorid>0x1002</vendorid>
     <ssid>0xaa88</ssid>
     <ssvid>0x1043</ssvid>
     <classcode>0x040300</classcode>
     <revisionid>0x00</revisionid>
    </device>
    <primary>
     <name>AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series</name>
     <manufacture>Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.</manufacture>
     <chiptype></chiptype>
     <chipid>0x6739</chipid>
     <vendorid>0x1002</vendorid>
     <ssid>0x03b4</ssid>
     <ssvid>0x1043</ssvid>
     <classcode>0x030000</classcode>
     <revisionid>0x00</revisionid>
    </primary>
  </dcm>
  <exist>
  </exist>
  <install>
<package>
	<description>AMD Catalyst Install Manager</description>
	<result>Succeed</result>
	<version>8.0.916.0</version>
	<size>20 </size>
</package>
<package>
	<description>AMD Display Driver</description>
	<result>Succeed</result>
	<version>15.200.1062.1004</version>
	<size>90 </size>
</package>
<package>
	<description>HDMI Audio Driver</description>
	<result>Succeed</result>
	<version>10.0.0.01</version>
	<size>1 </size>
</package>
  </install>
  <uninstall>
  </uninstall>
  <downloaded>
  </downloaded>
  <resource>
    <hwinfo>Hardware information</hwinfo>
    <existpkg>Existing packages</existpkg>
    <pkg2inst>Packages for install</pkg2inst>
    <pkg2uninst>Packages for uninstall</pkg2uninst>
    <otherdev>Other detected devices</otherdev>
    <errmsg>Error messages</errmsg>
    <name>Name</name>
    <manufacture>Manufacturer</manufacture>
    <chiptype>Chip type</chiptype>
    <chipid>Device ID</chipid>
    <otherhw>Other hardware</otherhw>
    <download>Download packages</download>
    <succeed>Success</succeed>
    <fail>Fail</fail>
    <vendorid>Vendor ID</vendorid>
    <classcode>Class Code</classcode>
    <revisionid>Revision ID</revisionid>
    <ssid>Subsystem ID</ssid>
    <ssvid>Subsystem vendor ID</ssvid>
    <header1>Catalyst™ Install Manager</header1>
    <header2>Installation Report</header2>
    <finalstatus>Final Status:</finalstatus>
    <versionofitem>Version of Item:</versionofitem>
    <size>Size:</size>
    <bytes>Mbytes</bytes>
  </resource>
</monetreport>

Last edited by botus (2016-09-13 03:37:50)

Excellent post Botus,

Added code tags for you...

Hmmm, might be a need for script to run an installer. In XP we do this with the DriverPacks Finisher. As far as I know it has not been needed with NT6.  They have taken most of the work out of adding drivers these days.  Try downloading the latest driver from the AMD website << AMD 64 bit reference drivers for example Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta looks good? >> and install them on a clean installation. Does that work?  (is this a 64 bit machine?)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

thanks OverFlow,

yes sorry, 64 bit (win 10 pro)

chumps at Microsoft messed me about

Installed 64 bit anniversary edition yesterday Win10 1607 14393 187 and it comes back with a non working graphics driver much like I describe above says its got 16.21 and another tab of the same window says no driver installed (and what you have doesn't work, stuck on low res etc.).

Used latest SDI (R496 sept 2016) and it offers to install the same non working one or lots older and NOT the one AMD recco From AMD site 

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-article … Notes.aspx

using above link once unwrapped you actually get a driver  15.31.1901 non whql dated 26/Feb/2016  (which is not in SDI)

AMD Radeon™ R5 235X, Radeon™ R5 235, Radeon™ R5 230, Radeon™ R5 220, Radeon™ HD 8470, Radeon™ HD 8350, Radeon™ HD 8000 (D/G variants), Radeon™ HD 7000 Series (HD 7600 and below), Radeon™ HD 6000 Series, and Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics products have been moved to a legacy support model and no additional driver releases are planned. This change enables us to dedicate valuable engineering resources to developing new features and enhancements for graphics products based on the GCN Architecture.

As a courtesy to our valued supporters we are providing a final Beta driver together with the release of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition. The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta driver includes the redesigned user interface as well as some enhanced features. More information can be found in the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 for Non GCN Products Release Notes. This driver is provided "as is" and will not be supported with further updates, upgrades or bug fixes.

Last edited by botus (2016-09-25 20:44:23)

Very helpful botus...

Thank you

Jeff

chumps at Microsoft messed me about again with Creators Edition,
Win 10 1703 OS Build 15063 comes back with no graphics driver.

for older AMD kit you need

AMD-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.2.1-for-Non-GCN-Products

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-article … Notes.aspx

using above link once unwrapped you actually get a driver  15.31.1901 non whql dated 26/Feb/2016