Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

this utility linked to and described in this thread works entirely without DriverPacks BASE or any of it's components.

(the version of SAD in DriverPacks BASE is version one, my original version, works for NT5 only [XP])

SAD 3 (this thread) will work from CD, DVD, HDD, USB HDD, USB thumb or... basically any other local source.

You MUST put the proper files in the proper format in the correct folders... or it will fail.
You can't mix (or mix up) compressed mode and uncompressed mode folders. It won't work.

If you follow the directions then it will work, I am confident about this statement.
If it fails then you have strayed from the path somewhere... but where???
IDK! You won't tell me what you did...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Another question, Can I delete All Setup files (Exe files) from Drivers' Folders?
I think they will install by .inf file so there is no need for setup exe files. Am I right?

OverFlow wrote:

this utility linked to and described in this thread works entirely without DriverPacks BASE or any of it's components.

(the version of SAD in DriverPacks BASE is version one, my original version, works for NT5 only [XP])

SAD 3 (this thread) will work from CD, DVD, HDD, USB HDD, USB thumb or... basically any other local source.

You MUST put the proper files in the proper format in the correct folders... or it will fail.
You can't mix (or mix up) compressed mode and uncompressed mode folders. It won't work.

If you follow the directions then it will work, I am confident about this statement.
If it fails then you have strayed from the path somewhere... but where???
IDK! You won't tell me what you did...

It's not that I'm not telling you, it's just that there are only like two or three steps to this process so I'm not sure where I could have gone wrong. In an hour or two I'm going to try the process again but this time I'll write the steps down so I can post em here and hopefully we can see where I'm straying off the path. I appreciate the responses and patience. Thanks!

Cuttlas wrote:

Another question, Can I delete All Setup files (Exe files) from Drivers' Folders?
I think they will install by .inf file so there is no need for setup exe files. Am I right?

If that would work we would have deleted them ourselves tongue

- - - - - - - - -
Sure it's only ONE step, how could that get messed up, LOL.

Agreed that there are not very many steps... Totally true. 
But there are a thousand ways to fail to complete them, shall I list them?
The devil is in the details, i dotting and t crossing is critical.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

shadowofanub wrote:

I'm using method 2 and SAD3 to try and install these drivers onto a new XP installation. The problem I'm having is that it tells me that it is extracting all 8 packs I have, but no drivers ever end up getting installed. These are XP era dell computers so I'd imagine the driverpack collection should be able to install a lan/video/chipset driver(s). I know the question might seem vague, but is there something ridiculously simple I might be missing here?

SAD has no way of knowing which drivers are needed. This is why it always extract all drivers and it still may end up not installing anything if drivers are already up to date. You can save time by using Snappy Driver Installer because it doesn't waste time extracting unneeded drivers. It also doesn't fail if you put driverpacks in the wrong folder or mix driverpacks with unpacked drivers.

I suggest reading the "Comparison of Snappy Driver Installer(SDI) and Stand Alone Driverpack(SAD)" section there:
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=10794

an excellent suggestion, from the author no less. Please try that too and report your experience, good or bad, in that thread. We need some feedback there big_smile.

BadPointer wrote:

I suggest reading the "Comparison of Snappy Driver Installer(SDI) and Stand Alone Driverpack(SAD)" section there:
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=10794

to be totally honest I had same problems Cutlass has been having just last week.

I've used SAD a number of times years ago, with changes in PCs etc. I've lost where I put all my driver packs and how I'd set it up.  I used SAD last weekend and couldn't for the life of me remember how to use it, read the instructions and came out more confused than ever.  Tried a few times and got in all the problems Cutlass has been having. 

Now I find a more idiot friendly tool was out there and I knew NOTHING about it yet its works using driver packs own files!

More Marketing required... (no wonder he's not getting much feedback), thanks for this very useful post BadPointer.

Last edited by botus (2015-02-01 21:53:42)

yes it does work with our DriverPacks...
In fact we even changed our method of archiving the packs to help his program run faster big_smile.

Seems a nice tool to test. Does it work with Windows 8.1? I have a hard time getting some win 7 wlan drivers installed on win8.

Update; fixed it!

So I'm trying to get DP_Install_Tool.cmd to start (post-install) on my Windows 8.1 unattended ISO and for the life of me I just can't. I realized early on that I was incorrectly using the win7 setupcomplete.cmd when in fact this is now called firstlogon.cmd for Win8 in the dvd\...\scripts folder. Still no dice. When I run the DP cmd manually in the DVD $OEM$ location after I reach a freshly installed 8.1 desktop it runs (of course) perfectly.

Help me here, completely stumped. The tool works great, I just want the tool's DP cmd to automatically launch after an 8.1 installation completes.

The lone text in the firstlogon.cmd is;
@echo off
START %systemdrive%\DP_Install_Tool.cmd /S
DEL %0

Fix; reverted back to setupcomplete.cmd (not sure what the difference is between this and firstlogon, I think setupcomplete is guaranteed to work under system account before oobe), just made a simple set %DVD% and start the DP cmd tool from a folder at the root of the iso. So I guess the problem before was having all the driverpack stuff in the $OEM$ folder (which copies to C:). In fact I prefer the tool launch from the ISO anyway.

Last edited by Fragbert (2015-07-05 07:18:38)

Hello. I've downloaded the latest version of the sad3 script. This works really nicely. I'm using this on Windows 7 x64.
The script is triggered from setupcomplete.bat and i've added SAD3 to the \sources directory on the setup media. This is deploying via USB.

The only issue that I had it that after DPInst.exe runs it does something else after it and the program stops.
The command window says:
The driverpacks stand alone driver installation is complete.
The dpinst log can be found c:\windows\dpinst.log
the main log file can be found in c:\dp_install_tool.log
Please check device manager to see if touchpad driver installed correctly.
Cleanup phase...
C:\D
That's it, nothing else happens and the window closes and the PC is left un restarted. Please can this be fixed?
Also having c:\DP_Install_Tool.log just adds clutter to the root directory. Could this be outputted some other location like c:\windows ?

I'm not the greatest coder in the world and to get around this so my computer deleted the un needed files I had to modify the below code. It works well but leaves an empty folder C:\D

:Cleaning2
IF /I EXIST "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\DPsFnshr.exe" (
  DEL /F /S /Q "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\DPsFnshr.exe"
  REG DELETE "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" /v "DriverPacks Finisher final cleanup" /f
) >nul
ECHO.
ECHO Cleanup phase...
ECHO.
start "new window" cmd /c "c:\windows\setup\scripts\SetupComplete2.bat"
exit

Setupcomplete2.bat.
shutdown -r -c "Drivers Installed! Machine will now restart.."
rd /s/q C:\D
rd /s/q C:\D
rd /s/q "C:\Touchpad HID"
del c:\DP_Install_Tool.log

Last edited by techsup1983 (2015-07-16 20:40:54)

Hello guys,
First at all, thank you for this beautiful utility, it's great. But I'd like to ask something to developers, just an ultimate effort. At the end of win7 installation, the "D" folder remains at the %systemdrive%, and it's not deleted. It's 6 months, now, that I try to modify the DP_install_tool.cmd script to reach the target, but I'm not able to program, and I don't know commands and lines. I made billions of tries, but I can't find a way to automatically delete "D" folder at the end of installation, without receiving some error messages or having the cmd window open giving me error messages. I also tried to follow other user's suggestion, but I didn't reach any good result. Please, it's so frustrating for me to have that "D" folder, whitout being able to automatically delete it, without receiving any error message. Could you help me, please?
Thanks again for yor great job and your help

Welcome to DriverPacks.net.

Thank you for the kind words. I think you may have missed something that most of us either think is obvious, or at least well known. the way the tool works is; it sets a RunOnce registry command to delete the folder when the computer is next rebooted. If you haven't rebooted the computer before checking for the "D" folder. There is a very high probability that it WILL still be there... Since it is not supposed to be deleted until the First Reboot AFTER the tool runs. Again this is often missed or not known. Sometimes users overwrite or erase the RunOnce command by accident. The reason is simple it gets around any issues of files that may or may not still be in use tongue.

Please reboot the target machine before verifying whether or not that the cleanup is complete.

Report your results. Hope I guessed correctly.

PS please don't wait 6 months to ask, someone here prolly already knows the answer. big_smile

OverFlow wrote:

Welcome to DriverPacks.net.

Thank you for the kind words. I think you may have missed something that most of us either think is obvious, or at least well known. the way the tool works is; it sets a RunOnce registry command to delete the folder when the computer is next rebooted. If you haven't rebooted the computer before checking for the "D" folder. There is a very high probability that it WILL still be there... Since it is not supposed to be deleted until the First Reboot AFTER the tool runs. Again this is often missed or not known. Sometimes users overwrite or erase the RunOnce command by accident. The reason is simple it gets around any issues of files that may or may not still be in use tongue.

Please reboot the target machine before verifying whether or not that the cleanup is complete.

Report your results. Hope I guessed correctly.

PS please don't wait 6 months to ask, someone here prolly already knows the answer. big_smile

Hi OverFlow, thank you so much for your kind and quick reply. I follow your advice, I tried to make a fresh installation of win7 home premium x86 in a virtual machine on VMWare, but, after rebooting, that damn "D" folder was still there! big_smile I also noticed that, after finishing drivers installation, machine is very very slow, almost frozen, and replies to commands in a very slow way. When I reboot it, a message of "waiting to close program" appears, referrring to Windows host. After several seconds, system reboots, but "D" folder is still there at the logon.
Where's my mistake?
Thanks a lot, and, please, forgive my ignorance... sad

Edit:
I tried to download again a fresh version of SAD3, because I was not sure of my old DP_Install_Tool.cmd. I again tried the same installation above, but... Nothing happened. After reboot, the "D" folder was still at her own place. Pleeeeeeease, help me...

Last edited by mizar11 (2015-08-25 03:04:45)

Did you leave me alone? sad

No. Just got distracted.  tongue

DO NOT DO THIS ON OPTICAL MEDIA...
for thumb drive or better. All drivers extracted (M1 or M3)

create folder on the root of your thumb drive called "OEM"

SET TAGFILE=\OEM
FOR %%i IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y) DO IF EXIST "%%i:%TAGFILE%" SET THUMBDRIVE=%%i:& GOTO DPsFound
:DPsFound

Start /wait /high /separate "" %THUMBDRIVE%\OEM\dp_install_tool.CMD

EXIT

that should solve your issue.

= Since M1 (or M3) source is not deleted or extracted or copied it runs much faster (except on ODD devices) this solves two issues for you. The file copy / extraction and the removal of the D drive.

OverFlow wrote:

SET TAGFILE=\OEM
FOR %%i IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y) DO IF EXIST "%%i:%TAGFILE%" SET THUMBDRIVE=%%i:& GOTO DPsFound

EXIT

= Since M1 (or M3) source is not deleted or extracted or copied it runs much faster (except on ODD devices) this solves two issues for you. The file copy / extraction and the removal of the D drive.

Hi OverFlow,
Thanks for your time, hope you'll have patience with me... I'm not sure to have clearly understood: I have to make a folder in my pen drive root directory, and put inside a new file called dp_install_tool.cmd containing instruction you wrote above. Is it correct? And what about the dp_install_tool.cmd existing in the sources\$OEM$\$1\D\SAD3 directory? Have I to delete it? And about setupcomplete.cmd file, in the sources\%OEM%\$$\Setup\scripts folder? What have I to do with these 2 files? I ask you that because I tried to keep everything original, just joining new dp_install_tool.cmd file in the root OEM folder, and install it from a pen drive on a virtual machine. But nothing happened... sad Hope you'll understand me, I know my english is very bad...
Thank you again for you kindness

Last edited by mizar11 (2015-08-31 06:30:10)

Still alone... sad sad sad I'm not able to modify the script, I depend from you for everywhere...

mizar11 wrote:
OverFlow wrote:

SET TAGFILE=\OEM

EXIT

Hi OverFlow,
Thanks for your time, hope you'll have patience with me... I'm not sure to have clearly understood: I have to make a folder in my pen drive root directory, and put inside a new file called dp_install_tool.cmd containing instruction you wrote above. Is it correct? And what about the dp_install_tool.cmd existing in the sources\$OEM$\$1\D\SAD3 directory? Have I to delete it? And about setupcomplete.cmd file, in the sources\%OEM%\$$\Setup\scripts folder? What have I to do with these 2 files? I ask you that because I tried to keep everything original, just joining new dp_install_tool.cmd file in the root OEM folder, and install it from a pen drive on a virtual machine. But nothing happened... sad Hope you'll understand me, I know my english is very bad...
Thank you again for you kindness

I like quote pyramids...

Move the dp_install tool folder FROM the sources\$OEM$\$1\ TO the root OEM folder. Like
ThumbDrive:\OEM\DriverPacks.here.please\D

Leave setupcomplete.cmd where it is and add the code above to it so...

{Win7-Disc source folder}\sources\$oem$\$$\Setup\scripts\setupcomplete.cmd

contains

REM echo off

SET TAGFILE=\OEM
Start /wait /high /separate "" %THUMBDRIVE%\OEM\dp_install_tool.CMD /s

REM START %systemdrive%\D\SAD2\DP_Install_Tool.cmd /s

EXIT

See how that goes...

I have an issue with SAD3 not installing a driver with a signature problem. It's the legacy AMD display driver for 32-bit Vista, I'm installing it on 32-bit Windows 7. And it appears to be signed with an expired certificate.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/d … a%20-%2032

After running the .exe only far enough to let it extract the files, I can copy those files to the target PC and install the driver using Device Manager telling it to look in the folder in question, so I know it's a correct driver. But when I put them into a custom driverpack .7z SAD3 does not install them. I suspect this is due to the signature problem, though I don't know for certain.

Is there a way to make SAD install this driver?

do you put the extracted drivers in the custom pack?

Yeah. This is the directory structure of my custom pack

|-- 10-02_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc
|   |-- Bin
|   |   |-- ATILog.dll
|   |   |-- ATIManifestDLMExt.dll
|   |   |-- ATISetup.exe
|   |   |-- CRCVerDLMExt.dll
|   |   |-- CompressionDLMExt.dll
|   |   |-- ControlCenterActions.dll
|   |   |-- DLMCom.dll
|   |   |-- DetectionManager.dll
|   |   |-- EncryptionDLMExt.dll
|   |   |-- InstallManager.dll
|   |   |-- InstallManagerApp.exe
|   |   |-- InstallManagerApp.exe.manifest
|   |   |-- LanguageMgr.dll
|   |   |-- Microsoft.VC80.ATL.manifest
|   |   |-- Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest
|   |   |-- Microsoft.VC80.MFC.manifest
|   |   |-- Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC.manifest
|   |   |-- Microsoft.VC80.OpenMP.manifest
|   |   |-- PackageManager.dll
|   |   |-- Setup.exe
|   |   |-- Setup.exe.manifest
|   |   |-- atidcmxx.sys
|   |   |-- difxapi.dll
|   |   |-- mfc80u.dll
|   |   |-- msvcp80.dll
|   |   |-- msvcr80.dll
|   |   |-- xerces-c_2_6.dll
|   |   `-- zlibwapi.dll
|   |-- Bin64
|   |   |-- ATILog.dll
|   |   |-- ATIManifestDLMExt.dll
|   |   |-- ATISetup.exe
|   |   |-- CRCVerDLMExt.dll
|   |   |-- CompressionDLMExt.dll
|   |   |-- ControlCenterActions.dll
|   |   |-- DLMCom.dll
|   |   |-- DetectionManager.dll
|   |   |-- EncryptionDLMExt.dll
|   |   |-- InstallManager.dll
|   |   |-- InstallManagerApp.exe
|   |   |-- InstallManagerApp.exe.manifest
|   |   |-- LanguageMgr.dll
|   |   |-- Microsoft.VC80.ATL.manifest
|   |   |-- Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest
|   |   |-- Microsoft.VC80.MFC.manifest
|   |   |-- Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC.manifest
|   |   |-- Microsoft.VC80.OpenMP.manifest
|   |   |-- PackageManager.dll
|   |   |-- Setup.exe
|   |   |-- Setup.exe.manifest
|   |   |-- atdcm64a.sys
|   |   |-- difxapi.dll
|   |   |-- mfc80u.dll
|   |   |-- msvcp80.dll
|   |   |-- msvcr80.dll
|   |   |-- xerces-c_2_6.dll
|   |   `-- zlibwapi.dll
|   |-- Config
|   |   |-- DLMServer.cfg
|   |   |-- InstallManager.cfg
|   |   |-- Language.Dat
|   |   |-- MMTableRev0.MSI
|   |   |-- MMTableRev1.MSI
|   |   |-- MMTableRev2.MSI
|   |   |-- Monet.ini
|   |   |-- MonetCHS.xml
|   |   |-- MonetCHT.xml
|   |   |-- MonetCSY.xml
|   |   |-- MonetDAN.xml
|   |   |-- MonetDEU.xml
|   |   |-- MonetENU.xml
|   |   |-- MonetESP.xml
|   |   |-- MonetFIN.xml
|   |   |-- MonetFRA.xml
|   |   |-- MonetGRK.xml
|   |   |-- MonetHNG.xml
|   |   |-- MonetITA.xml
|   |   |-- MonetJPN.xml
|   |   |-- MonetKOR.xml
|   |   |-- MonetNLD.xml
|   |   |-- MonetNOR.xml
|   |   |-- MonetPLK.xml
|   |   |-- MonetPTB.xml
|   |   |-- MonetRSA.xml
|   |   |-- MonetSVE.xml
|   |   |-- MonetTHA.xml
|   |   |-- MonetTRK.xml
|   |   |-- OEM.Dat
|   |   |-- OS.Dat
|   |   |-- OSMajorMinor.Dat
|   |   |-- OSServicePacks.Dat
|   |   |-- PackageSubType.Dat
|   |   |-- PackageType.Dat
|   |   |-- Security.Dat
|   |   |-- Splash.bmp
|   |   |-- TVW_USB_ID.MSI
|   |   |-- atiicdxx.msi
|   |   |-- chipset.MSI
|   |   |-- eulaCHS.txt
|   |   |-- eulaCHT.txt
|   |   |-- eulaCSY.txt
|   |   |-- eulaDAN.txt
|   |   |-- eulaDEU.txt
|   |   |-- eulaENU.txt
|   |   |-- eulaESP.txt
|   |   |-- eulaFIN.txt
|   |   |-- eulaFRA.txt
|   |   |-- eulaGRK.txt
|   |   |-- eulaHNG.txt
|   |   |-- eulaITA.txt
|   |   |-- eulaJPN.txt
|   |   |-- eulaKOR.txt
|   |   |-- eulaNLD.txt
|   |   |-- eulaNOR.txt
|   |   |-- eulaPLK.txt
|   |   |-- eulaPTB.txt
|   |   |-- eulaRSA.txt
|   |   |-- eulaSVE.txt
|   |   |-- eulaTHA.txt
|   |   |-- eulaTRK.txt
|   |   |-- licenseCHS.txt
|   |   |-- licenseCHT.txt
|   |   |-- licenseCSY.txt
|   |   |-- licenseDAN.txt
|   |   |-- licenseDEU.txt
|   |   |-- licenseENU.txt
|   |   |-- licenseESP.txt
|   |   |-- licenseFIN.txt
|   |   |-- licenseFRA.txt
|   |   |-- licenseGRK.txt
|   |   |-- licenseHNG.txt
|   |   |-- licenseITA.txt
|   |   |-- licenseJPN.txt
|   |   |-- licenseKOR.txt
|   |   |-- licenseNLD.txt
|   |   |-- licenseNOR.txt
|   |   |-- licensePLK.txt
|   |   |-- licensePTB.txt
|   |   |-- licenseSVE.txt
|   |   |-- licenseTHA.txt
|   |   |-- licenseTRK.txt
|   |   `-- tvtablerev1.MSI
|   |-- Images
|   |   |-- a.jpg
|   |   |-- b.jpg
|   |   |-- c.jpg
|   |   |-- d.jpg
|   |   |-- e.jpg
|   |   |-- f.jpg
|   |   |-- g.jpg
|   |   |-- h.jpg
|   |   `-- i.jpg
|   |-- Microsoft.VC80.ATL.manifest
|   |-- Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest
|   |-- Microsoft.VC80.MFC.manifest
|   |-- Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC.manifest
|   |-- Microsoft.VC80.OpenMP.manifest
|   |-- Packages
|   |   |-- Apps
|   |   |   |-- CCC
|   |   |   |   |-- Branding
|   |   |   |   |   |-- Branding.msi
|   |   |   |   |   `-- Branding.msi.old
|   |   |   |   |-- Core-Implementation
|   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-core-implementation.msi
|   |   |   |   |-- Core-PreInstall
|   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-core-preinstall.msi
|   |   |   |   |-- Core-Static
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1028.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1029.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1030.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1031.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1032.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1033.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1034.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1035.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1036.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1038.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1040.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1041.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1042.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1043.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1044.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1045.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1046.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1049.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1053.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1054.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1055.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 2052.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 2070.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 3084.mst
|   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-core-static.msi
|   |   |   |   |-- Graphics-Full-Existing
|   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-graphics-full-existing.msi
|   |   |   |   |-- Graphics-Full-New
|   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-graphics-full-new.msi
|   |   |   |   |-- Graphics-Light
|   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-graphics-Light.msi
|   |   |   |   |-- Graphics-Previews-Common
|   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-graphics-previews-common.msi
|   |   |   |   |-- Graphics-Previews-Vista
|   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-graphics-previews-vista.msi
|   |   |   |   |-- Help
|   |   |   |   |   |-- cs
|   |   |   |   |   |   |-- 1029.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |   |-- 1033.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-cs.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- da
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-da.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- de
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-de.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- el
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-el.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- en-us
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-en-US.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- es
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-es.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- fi
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-fi.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- fr
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-fr.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- hu
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-hu.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- it
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-it.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- ja
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-ja.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- ko
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-ko.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- nl
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-nl.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- no
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-no.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- pl
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-pl.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- pt-BR
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-pt-BR.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- ru
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-ru.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- sv
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-sv.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- th
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-th.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- tr
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-tr.msi
|   |   |   |   |   |-- zh-CHS
|   |   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-help-chs.msi
|   |   |   |   |   `-- zh-CHT
|   |   |   |   |       `-- ccc-help-cht.msi
|   |   |   |   |-- HydraVision-Full
|   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-hv-full.msi
|   |   |   |   |-- Localization
|   |   |   |   |   `-- All
|   |   |   |   |       `-- ccc-all.msi
|   |   |   |   |-- MOM-InstallProxy
|   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-mom-installproxy.msi
|   |   |   |   |-- Skins
|   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-skins.msi
|   |   |   |   |-- Utility
|   |   |   |   |   `-- ccc-utility.msi
|   |   |   |   `-- Utility64
|   |   |   |       `-- ccc-utility64.msi
|   |   |   |-- CIM
|   |   |   |   |-- Win32
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1028.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1029.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1030.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1031.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1032.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1033.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1034.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1035.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1036.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1040.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1041.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1042.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1043.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1044.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1046.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1049.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1053.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1054.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 1055.mst
|   |   |   |   |   |-- 2052.mst
|   |   |   |   |   `-- ATICatalystInstallManager.msi
|   |   |   |   `-- Win64
|   |   |   |       |-- 1028.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1029.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1030.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1031.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1032.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1033.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1034.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1035.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1036.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1040.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1041.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1042.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1043.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1044.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1046.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1049.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1053.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1054.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 1055.mst
|   |   |   |       |-- 2052.mst
|   |   |   |       `-- ATICatalystInstallManager.msi
|   |   |   |-- VC8RTx64
|   |   |   |   |-- vc864.msi
|   |   |   |   `-- vcredist_x64
|   |   |   |       |-- Microsoft.VC80.ATL.cat
|   |   |   |       |-- Microsoft.VC80.CRT.cat
|   |   |   |       |-- Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT.cat
|   |   |   |       |-- Microsoft.VC80.DebugMFC.cat
|   |   |   |       |-- Microsoft.VC80.DebugOpenMP.cat
|   |   |   |       |-- Microsoft.VC80.MFC.cat
|   |   |   |       |-- Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC.cat
|   |   |   |       |-- Microsoft.VC80.OpenMP.cat
|   |   |   |       |-- policy.8.00.Microsoft.VC80.ATL.cat
|   |   |   |       |-- policy.8.00.Microsoft.VC80.CRT.cat
|   |   |   |       |-- policy.8.00.Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT.cat
|   |   |   |       |-- policy.8.00.Microsoft.VC80.DebugMFC.cat
|   |   |   |       |-- policy.8.00.Microsoft.VC80.DebugOpenMP.cat
|   |   |   |       |-- policy.8.00.Microsoft.VC80.MFC.cat
|   |   |   |       |-- policy.8.00.Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC.cat
|   |   |   |       |-- policy.8.00.Microsoft.VC80.OpenMP.cat
|   |   |   |       |-- vcredis1.cab
|   |   |   |       `-- vcredist.msi
|   |   |   `-- VC8RTx86
|   |   |       |-- vc832.msi
|   |   |       `-- vcredist_x86
|   |   |           |-- vcredis1.cab
|   |   |           `-- vcredist.msi
|   |   `-- Drivers
|   |       `-- Display
|   |           |-- LH6A_INF
|   |           |   |-- B_95503
|   |           |   |   |-- amdpcom32.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- amdpcom64.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- ati2edxx.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- ati2erec.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- ati2evxx.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- ati2evxx.ex_
|   |           |   |   |-- atiadlxx.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- atiadlxy.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- atibrtmon.ex_
|   |           |   |   |-- aticalcl.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- aticalcl64.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- aticaldd.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- aticaldd64.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- aticalrt.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- aticalrt64.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- atidemgx.dll
|   |           |   |   |-- atidxx32.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- atiedu64.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- atiicdxx.da_
|   |           |   |   |-- atikmdag.sy_
|   |           |   |   |-- atimuixx.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- atio6axx.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- atiogl.xml
|   |           |   |   |-- atioglxx.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- atipdl64.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- atipdlxx.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- atitmm64.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- atiumd64.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- atiumd6a.ca_
|   |           |   |   |-- atiumd6a.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- atiumdag.dl_
|   |           |   |   |-- atiumdva.ca_
|   |           |   |   |-- atiumdva.dl_
|   |           |   |   `-- oemdspif.dl_
|   |           |   |-- CH_95951.cat
|   |           |   |-- CH_95951.inf
|   |           |   |-- CH_95951.msi
|   |           |   `-- atiiseag.ini
|   |           `-- LH_INF
|   |               |-- B_95503
|   |               |   |-- amdpcom32.dl_
|   |               |   |-- ati2edxx.dl_
|   |               |   |-- ati2erec.dl_
|   |               |   |-- ati2evxx.dl_
|   |               |   |-- ati2evxx.ex_
|   |               |   |-- atiadlxx.dl_
|   |               |   |-- atibrtmon.ex_
|   |               |   |-- aticalcl.dl_
|   |               |   |-- aticaldd.dl_
|   |               |   |-- aticalrt.dl_
|   |               |   |-- atidemgx.dll
|   |               |   |-- atiicdxx.da_
|   |               |   |-- atikmdag.sy_
|   |               |   |-- atimuixx.dl_
|   |               |   |-- atiogl.xml
|   |               |   |-- atioglxx.dl_
|   |               |   |-- atipdlxx.dl_
|   |               |   |-- atitmmxx.dl_
|   |               |   |-- atiumdag.dl_
|   |               |   |-- atiumdva.ca_
|   |               |   |-- atiumdva.dl_
|   |               |   `-- oemdspif.dl_
|   |               |-- CL_95951.cat
|   |               |-- CL_95951.inf
|   |               |-- CL_95951.msi
|   |               `-- atiiseag.ini
|   |-- Setup.exe
|   |-- Setup.exe.manifest
|   |-- mfc80u.dll
|   |-- msvcp80.dll
|   `-- msvcr80.dll
|-- ACPI
|   |-- Acpi
|   |   |-- AsAcpiIns.exe
|   |   |-- AsusSetup.exe
|   |   |-- AsusSetup.ini
|   |   |-- WIN2000
|   |   |   |-- 2000UNIN.EXE
|   |   |   |-- ATK2000.CAT
|   |   |   |-- ATK2000.INF
|   |   |   `-- asacpi.sys
|   |   |-- WINVISTA
|   |   |   |-- AsAcpi.inf
|   |   |   |-- AsAcpi.sys
|   |   |   `-- asacpi.cat
|   |   `-- install.ini
|   |-- Acpi64
|   |   |-- AsAcpiIns.exe
|   |   |-- AsusSetup.exe
|   |   |-- AsusSetup.ini
|   |   |-- WINVISTA
|   |   |   |-- AsAcpi.inf
|   |   |   |-- Asacpi.sys
|   |   |   `-- asacpi.cat
|   |   |-- install.ini
|   |   `-- win2000
|   |       |-- ATK2000.CAT
|   |       |-- ATK2000.INF
|   |       `-- Asacpi.sys
|   |-- AsusSetup.exe
|   `-- AsusSetup.ini
|-- drivers
|   `-- audio
|       `-- Realtek_HDA
|           `-- VISTA
|               `-- Jan07
|                   |-- ChCfg.exe
|                   |-- JACK.reg
|                   |-- MSHDQFE
|                   |   |-- Win2K3
|                   |   |   `-- us
|                   |   |       `-- kb888111srvrtm.exe
|                   |   `-- Win2K_XP
|                   |       `-- us
|                   |           |-- kb888111w2ksp4.exe
|                   |           |-- kb888111xpsp1.exe
|                   |           `-- kb888111xpsp2.exe
|                   |-- Readme.txt
|                   |-- RtlExUpd.dll
|                   |-- SetCDfmt.exe
|                   |-- Setup.exe
|                   |-- Vista
|                   |   |-- HDA.inf
|                   |   |-- HDA861A.inf
|                   |   |-- HDACPC.inf
|                   |   |-- HDAHP880.inf
|                   |   |-- HDAHPNB.inf
|                   |   |-- HDALC.inf
|                   |   |-- HDART32.cat
|                   |   |-- HDARt.inf
|                   |   |-- RTCOMDLL.dll
|                   |   |-- RTKVHDA.sys
|                   |   |-- RTSndMgr.cpl
|                   |   |-- RtHDVCpl.exe
|                   |   |-- RtkAPO.dll
|                   |   |-- RtkCoInst.dll
|                   |   |-- RtkPgExt.dll
|                   |   |-- RtlCPAPI.dll
|                   |   |-- RtlUpd.exe
|                   |   |-- SRSTSXT.dll
|                   |   |-- SRSWOW.dll
|                   |   `-- hda32.cat
|                   |-- WDM
|                   |   |-- ALSndMgr.cpl
|                   |   |-- AlcWzrd.exe
|                   |   |-- Alcmtr.exe
|                   |   |-- CPLUtl64.exe
|                   |   |-- HDA.inf
|                   |   |-- HDA01.inf
|                   |   |-- HDA104D.inf
|                   |   |-- HDA861A.inf
|                   |   |-- HDAApple.inf
|                   |   |-- HDACPC.inf
|                   |   |-- HDAHP880.inf
|                   |   |-- HDAHPNB.inf
|                   |   |-- HDALC.inf
|                   |   |-- HDARt.inf
|                   |   |-- HDX.INF
|                   |   |-- HDX01.INF
|                   |   |-- HDX104D.INF
|                   |   |-- HDX861A.INF
|                   |   |-- HDXApple.inf
|                   |   |-- HDXCPC.inf
|                   |   |-- HDXHP880.INF
|                   |   |-- HDXHPNB.INF
|                   |   |-- HDXLC.INF
|                   |   |-- HDXRT.INF
|                   |   |-- MicCal.exe
|                   |   |-- RTCOMDLL.dll
|                   |   |-- RTHDCPL.exe
|                   |   |-- RTKHDA64.sys
|                   |   |-- RTKHDAUD.sys
|                   |   |-- RTLCPL.exe
|                   |   |-- RTSndMgr.cpl
|                   |   |-- RtlCPAPI.dll
|                   |   |-- RtlUpd.exe
|                   |   |-- RtlUpd64.exe
|                   |   |-- SkyTel.exe
|                   |   |-- SoundMan.exe
|                   |   |-- hda32.cat
|                   |   `-- rtkhda64.cat
|                   |-- data1.cab
|                   |-- data1.hdr
|                   |-- data2.cab
|                   |-- engine32.cab
|                   |-- layout.bin
|                   |-- setup.ibt
|                   |-- setup.ini
|                   |-- setup.inx
|                   |-- setup.isn
|                   `-- setup.iss
`-- tree.txt

79 directories, 453 files

The other drivers in the pack, for sound and power management, seem to be installed fine by DriverPacks.

you can try to change line 439 in DP_Install_Tool.cmd from
Start "MicroSoft Driver Installer Tool Running" /wait /separate /realtime /min CMD /C DPInst.exe /c /s
to
Start "MicroSoft Driver Installer Tool Running" /wait /separate /realtime /min CMD /C DPInst.exe /c /s /f

The /f (force install older) switch may work for you in this case, or not. Since this looks like a custom pack for this machine you may just get away with it. Try it and let me know.

Jeff

That didn't help.

I've done a bit more testing stuff. Here is the DP_Install_Tool.log from one of the affected PCs:

v13.08.25 Log and Attended output section 
Method 2 was found at:
Z:\installers2\SAD3\NT6\x86
List INF's that were matched with this system
Successfull installation of 'c:\d\x86\all\g_b\matrox\1\mxeff.inf'.
Method 2 was found at:
Successfull installation of 'c:\d\x86\win7\l\realtek\2\win7\rt86win7.inf'.
Successfull installation of 'c:\d\x86\win7\c\amd\1\smbus\w7\smbusamd.inf'.
Method 2 was found at:
Method 2 was found at:
C:\SAD3\NT6\x86
Successfull installation of 'c:\d\dp_ebcf_wnt6-x86_1604\all\ebcf\realtek_hda\wdm\hdart.inf'.
Successfull installation of 'c:\d\dp_ebcf_wnt6-x86_1604\all\ebcf\acpi\acpi\win2000\atk2000.inf'.
Successfull installation of 'c:\d\dp_ebcf_wnt6-x86_1604\all\ebcf\acpi\acpi\winvista\asacpi.inf'.
Method 2 was found at:
Successfull installation of 'c:\d\dp_ebcf_wnt6-x86_1604\all\ebcf\realtek_hda\wdm\hdart.inf'.
Successfull installation of 'c:\d\dp_ebcf_wnt6-x86_1604\all\ebcf\acpi\acpi\win2000\atk2000.inf'.
Successfull installation of 'c:\d\dp_ebcf_wnt6-x86_1604\all\ebcf\acpi\acpi\winvista\asacpi.inf'.
Method 2 was found at:
Method 2 was found at:

The first three runs, from Z:\, were automatic with the /SR switch and did not have access to my custom pack. Already I notice something odd: Driverpacks reporting it installs a Matrox driver from the Graphics B pack. I'm pretty sure the PC has ATI graphics not Matrox.

The fourth run was with the standard script, again with the /SR switch, with my custom pack. (Which I tweaked the folder structure of a bit). It picks up some drivers out of that pack, but not the ATI graphics.

The fifth (and subsequent) run was with your modification.

The sixth run is where I'm frankly baffled. For this run I had only my custom pack in C:\SAD3\NT6\x86. None of the standard packs. There was no C:\D folder before or after the run. And yet Driverpacks still reports itself installing the drivers from the standard packs. Where is it even getting those files from? The log says "Successfull installation of 'c:\d\x86\all\g_b\matrox\1\mxeff.inf'." when that file should not even have existed.

For the seventh run I ran it with the /CR switch, still with only my custom pack, just for the sake of trying something. Afterwards, C:\D contained only that custom pack.

Hi all.
Despite the rumors to the contrary, I am very much alive and well.  I just checked the site logs and it looks like my last post here was nearly 10 years ago (yikes!).  I spent a few years working for LinMin building a bare-metal deployment toolkit for them (which is sadly VERY closed-source by NDA).  The source code for this was more than 3000 lines of code and incorporated code obfuscation and piracy countermeasures...I'm pretty proud of it, but nobody will ever see it. sad

I poked my head in here to see if anyone had done any scripting work on getting drivers loaded into Windows 11.  We've taken delivery of several hundred Dell laptops at work, and the USAF Win11 SDC (standard desktop configuration) image doesn't have any drivers included for this hardware.  I spoke with one of our IT members and they've been struggling to load all of these drivers manually (and individually)...what dumbasses!  Several years ago I wrote a script to take the SDC image apart, inject drivers for mass-storage, and include a $OEM$ folder containing a universal driver deployment folder before repacking the image for deployment.  Apparently, they're not allowed to do that anymore, so my prior work goes unused.
Anyway, they're pulling this old fart out of retirement so to speak (this is not part of my daily job) to build a PowerShell scripting tool to help them automate the driver updating process.  This needs to be done in-house and without the use of external utilities (like SDI or 7zip) and rely purely on applets included within the OS.
The core function of updating drivers on running Win10/Win11 is provided by the included utility of PNPUtil.exe which can be expressed simply with the command:

Get-ChildItem "C:\mydrivers\" -Recurse -Filter "*.inf" | 
ForEach-Object { PNPUtil.exe /add-driver $_.FullName /install }

Here's more info on some of the modularity available with powershell.  https://hudson.tel/post/mass-driver-ins … nd-intune/
I might post my results here once I'm done with a proof-of-concept.
If anyone has ideas to help me along, I'm all ears.  I'm at day-1.
*Edit
The below code seems to run just fine.  It has basic logging and is launched by a "helper" install.bat.
Install.bat

SET WorkingDir=%cd%
SET PSPath='%WorkingDir%\Install-SpecifiedDrivers.ps1'
PowerShell -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "& %PSPath%"

Install-SpecifiedDrivers.ps1

# Install any drivers specified in the .\drivers directory using pnputil.exe

$TempLogs = "$env:HOMEDRIVE\Temp\Logs\Install-SpecifiedDrivers_LOG.txt"
$PSScriptRoot = Split-Path -Parent -Path $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition

Start-Transcript -Path $TempLogs

Get-ChildItem "$PSScriptRoot\drivers\" -Recurse -Filter "*.inf" | 
    ForEach-Object { 
        $DriverFullName = $_.FullName
        pnputil.exe /add-driver $DriverFullName /install
        Write-Host "Driver: $DriverFullName"
    }

Stop-Transcript

Works by scanning the /drivers/ subfolders for any .inf files and then using pnputil to install that driver and move on to the next.  It will not upgrade existing installed drivers (I need to tinker with the "enumerate" command for that).  It also does not run from a optical drive (CD/DVD).  It's simple, and it works.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!