Re: Snappy Driver Installer

Not a hijack, this is the right place to ask.
  Am i correct that SDI can leverage DriverPacks.net DriverPacks?

edit:  If not, i would humbly request the choice of driver packs, or direction as to where to place them.  Thank you.

nlinecomputers wrote:

@BadPointer:

"I have SPI version 02 R142.    It is prompting me to update driverpacks.  15 of them and the index.   When I try and do so, nothing happens.   The logs imply that this is done via bittorrent?   If that is so it is likely that my router will be blocking that.

What ports do I need to open on my router to get this to properly update.   I can't find any information that discusses that."

quoted from previous post

Last edited by TechDud (2014-12-04 17:20:41)

nlinecomputers wrote:

First post on this forum or about this topic. Not sure if it needs it's own topic.  If so my apologies for the hijack.

I have SPI version 02 R142.    It is prompting me to update driverpacks.  15 of them and the index.   When I try and do so, nothing happens.   The logs imply that this is done via bittorrent?   If that is so it is likely that my router will be blocking that. 

What ports do I need to open on my router to get this to properly update.   I can't find any information that discusses that.

With thanks,
Nathan Williams
N-Line Computers

The port is 50171.

TechDud wrote:

Am i correct that SDI can leverage DriverPacks.net DriverPacks?

edit:  If not, i would humbly request the choice of driver packs, or direction as to where to place them.  Thank you.

SDI should work with driverpacks from DriverPacks.net just fine. You need to drop them inside the folder "Drivers".

Thanks.   That got it rolling for me.   You should include that in your documentation.    Most routers block bittorrent traffic and that has to be manually set up as a port forward.   I'm sure others will question it.

very good program outperfomed the driverpacks solution fast and reliable!!!

I have been using this now for about 2 months and to say it is superb would be an understatement! Thank you soooooo much for taking the time to create this wonderful piece of software and of course to all the folks who update the driver packs!

Always nice to see one of our veterans give a big thumbs up.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

can i slipstream this to windows setup?

Last edited by symbios24 (2015-02-03 19:42:28)

Wow...

Just wow!  This is FANTASTIC.  How did I just now find out about SDI?

Its so fast.. so easy.. ability to update and snapshot.. As far at I can tell, so far garbage free.  Obviously the "meat" is in the driver packs but I have never seen a tool this awesome.

The way that its organized and can access unpacked drivers or driver packs is just brilliant and so smooth
Running from a central network location (and always being updated).. excellent
Ability of silently running from a login script or pushing with gpo.. stellar
Ability of silently running with a windows automated install?.. absolutely amazing (I have yet to do this, will try next image I make)

I would bet there has to be millions of IT people  (and some general geeks too) out there that would fall out of their chair if they new that this package existed and saw it in action. (SDI + driver packs)

This is going to forever change how I deploy systems.

Kudos to you BadPointer  (and obviously to the driver packs too)

symbios24 wrote:

can i slipstream this to windows setup?

RyperX shared doing exactly this on page 1.

Welcome to DriverPacks hardware_failure,
So... was that a vote for, or against SDI? ... LOL

Thanks for taking the time to stop by, we do value the feedback.

Have you personally tested all of the features you listed above? That is not made clear except on installs which you admit is not yet tested.

It is more helpful to everyone if you can report on what you tested personally. Including an outline report of how you achieved success would definitely benefit others.

BP has been around a long time and I am cautiously optomistic about SDI.

Keep the feedback flowing people!

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Heyo!,

after some time using Snappy Driver as auto installer for our clients, some employee start aking me why it became slower after some updates,

We using a SMB share and its running on a Dell poweredge 2950 with some other stuff on it.

could it be possible that the decompress takes a bit and meby its better to let it be unpacked so clients could read it faster?

Kind regards

Are you talking about the long extraction times?

It must have to do with the fact that driverpacks are growning in size.

I plan to improve extraction times, eventually. It involves creating tools that optimize driverpacks for SDI by repacking them in a special way. It will result in at least fourfold decrease of extraction time and also reduce the size of driverpacks. Even when it's fully automatized it would still take many hours to process driverpacks each time they are updated, so I might have to get a SSD to speed up things.

In the meantime, you can repack biggest driverpacks with the solid block size set to 256 MB.

Hi,

I registered to thank you for taking the time to create such a brilliant tool. Simply put, it kicks ass.

Do you accept any form of donation? I would love to support this project in a more tangible way.

Hello,
I have worked to move from SAD to SDI but I have some questions.

I want to use a network drive mount on Z to install driver and if the server can be reach, i want to use a local directory that will contain only the important drivers (LAN, WLAN and CHIPSET).

I have write this script that i want to use from he sysprep and it looks to works.

@echo off
PING fogserver
IF %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 1 GOTO local
NET USE z: \\fogserver\Drivers
Z:
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%G IN ('DIR /B *.exe') do (%%G -autoinstall -autoclose -license "-finish_cmd:%systemroot%\System32\shutdown -r -t 15")
NET USE /delete /yes Z:
goto end
:local
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%G IN ('DIR /B *.exe') do (%%G -autoinstall -autoclose -license "-finish_cmd:shutdown -r -t 15")
:end

any advise to make it better ?

My second question is, it looks like that SDI unpack all drivers from a packs that contain needed driver, is this normal ?

Last edited by electropica (2015-04-13 18:36:04)

answer to second question.

DriverPacks are solid archives. Meaning that the entire stream must be extracted from start to finish. However if you are only extracting part of the archive (Let's say one driver) there is a huge pick up in not copying the unneeded files, they are "skipped". So even though the entire pack is processed only specified files are written / output during the process. Skipping is quicker than copying, go figure. big_smile

If SDI, running from the network, install or update network driver, will it crash or will it handle the temporay lost of connection ?

I have review my script to this to have a debug command lline windows and install network driver from local SDI if needed for the net use.

start cmd /k
SET curdir=%~dp0
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%G IN ('DIR /B %curdir%*.exe') do (start wait %curdir%%%G -autoinstall -autoclose -license)
Z:
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%G IN ('DIR /B *.exe') do (%%G -autoinstall -autoclose -license)
C:
NET USE /delete /yes Z:

Last edited by electropica (2015-04-28 20:01:14)

Is there a way to auto install Unsigned Drivers?

It's not working for me. I created a thread here - http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 676#p58676

i was facing some issues  with my hardware drivers and search from google and download the SDI from the
http://softlay.net/drivers/best-driver-updaters.html  it downloaded and working like charm thanks

Last edited by nadeem Behwar (2016-10-22 18:31:11)

gmk1212 wrote:

It's not working for me. I created a thread here - http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 676#p58676

Hi gmk you can download latest version of SNAPPY DRIVER INSTALLER FROM HERE. i HAVE DOWNLOADED IT WORKS LIKE CHARM
http://softlay.net/drivers/snappy-drive … -r199.html

Does anyone know how I can get it to install unsigned drivers without prompting?

SuprSurfr wrote:

Does anyone know how I can get it to install unsigned drivers without prompting?

I used AutoIt to click on "do not install" when i run a loop on a pnputil command.
As i use French OS, as it's maybe not the same window and as you want to accept them,
I'm not sure if this will help a lot without editing the code but you have a start.

While 1
   if WinActive("C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe") = 0 then
	  if Winactive("Sécurité de Windows") = 0 Then ;use the au3info tool to check the actual name of the window
		 Winactivate("Sécurité de Windows")
	  Endif
	  ControlClick("Sécurité de Windows","","[TEXT:Ne pas installer ce pilote]")
	  sleep(2000)
   Else
	  Exit
   EndIf
Wend

Last edited by electropica (2015-06-18 19:45:05)

Hi,
you have been commented out by the sourceforge twitter https://twitter.com/sourceforge/status/ … 7555048452

It would be nice if those users could report back to missing drivers on driverpacks.net

Hello. I have recently got this working from a USB. The OS installs sliently using unattend.xml from a fully updated gold image.
I'm by no means a master of this, or scripting, but through trial and error I got it working. I tested all the examples in the previous posts and none seemed to work. This is the only thing that worked for me.
For the rest of the people wanting to do do what i've done. This is how I did it.
Hopefully this may save someone some time.
I used this for a Win7x64 based image.

Copied all the source files and drivers to:
.\sources\$oem$\$1\Setup\SDI_R317

-----SetupComplete.cmd
@echo off
del /Q /F c:\windows\system32\sysprep\unattend.xml
del /Q /F c:\windows\panther\unattend.xml
pushd %systemdrive%\Setup\SDI_R317\
DP_Install_tool.cmd
exit

-----DP_Install_tool.cmd
%systemdrive%\Setup\SDI_R317\SDI_x64_R317.exe -autoinstall -autoclose -license "-finishrb_cmd:Shutdown.exe -r -t 15"
pause
RD C:\Setup /S /Q

-----sdi.cfg
"-drp_dir:drivers"
"-index_dir:indexes\SDI"
"-output_dir:indexes\SDI\txt"
"-data_dir:tools\SDI"
"-log_dir:logs"

"-finish_cmd:RD C:\Setup /S /Q"
"-finishrb_cmd:Shutdown.exe -r -t 15"
"-finish_upd_cmd:RD C:\Setup /S /Q"

"-lang:"
"-theme:Classic"
-hintdelay:500
-wndwx:816
-wndwy:576
-filters:1190

-port:50171
-downlimit:0
-uplimit:0
-connections:0

-license -expertmode

Last edited by techsup1983 (2015-08-20 09:21:26)

Hello all, I am a bit confused, this script from electropica works great when running manually, the whole SDI folder is on a smb share and kind of wonder, if I want to integrate this in an unattend setup, shouldnt I just call this .bat file or use the whole _Drivers.bat and SDI.bat files? I prefer this method as it automagically launch the proper .exe without having to name it, so when an update changes the name i.e. SDI_x64_423.exe it still works!

If the proper way of doing this in unattend has to be using the SDI.bat and _Drivers.bat, how would I then name the set wdir= option for smb... ? It seems to me like both ways would work but prefer to ask.

I do not have much experience with the unattend.xml, I guess I could just add whats needed to mine using what's provided on here?

Thanks!

electropica wrote:

If SDI, running from the network, install or update network driver, will it crash or will it handle the temporay lost of connection ?

I have review my script to this to have a debug command lline windows and install network driver from local SDI if needed for the net use.

start cmd /k
SET curdir=%~dp0
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%G IN ('DIR /B %curdir%*.exe') do (start wait %curdir%%%G -autoinstall -autoclose -license)
Z:
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%G IN ('DIR /B *.exe') do (%%G -autoinstall -autoclose -license)
C:
NET USE /delete /yes Z:

Last edited by Flow (2015-12-09 00:42:20)

I do not know use this software. I have Windows8.1.PE.iso, i use this file to boot when some computers do not work. I want install driver pack (DP_WLAN_wnt6-x86_1203.7z, DP_LAN_wnt6-x86_1208.7z) into Windows8.1.PE.iso file (so when boot into Win8.1PE can connect Internet)
I tested with SAD (SAD very easy with only 1 code), this take a long time to installed (Because SAD extract all file in *.7z and find, this take a long time, I read comments that SDI faster)

I found SDI, but i do not the way to make code and put *.7z file where:
I want:
1. SDI auto install *.7z (drivers compressed) into system and deleted drivers after finished.
2. Can i use SDA, SDI to install NT6 (ex DP_LAN_wnt6-x86_1208.7z ...) from driverpacks.net for Windows 8.1, 8, 10?

Sorry for my English.

Last edited by mgyoku (2016-02-23 19:22:44)