Topic: WD 3.0 TB USB 3.0 drive not recognized with UBCD4WIN win/xp

I have downloaded and updated the latest mass store, chipset, etc. driverpack and have built a ubcd win ubcdwin v. 360.

Unfortunately my WD 3TB USB 3.0 external drive is not recognized when I plug it into either a usb 3.0 express card adapter, or a built in usb 2.0 drive.

The usb 3.0 ports are working because if I plug a usb 2.0 flash drive it, it is recognized.

Do I need a special driver?

The drive shows up under windows 7 as "WD My Book 1170 USB Device"

Here are the device ids:

USBSTOR\DiskWD______My_Book_1170____1042
USBSTOR\DiskWD______My_Book_1170____
USBSTOR\DiskWD______
USBSTOR\WD______My_Book_1170____1
WD______My_Book_1170____1
USBSTOR\GenDisk
GenDisk

Device Class GUID:

{4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Any help would be appreciated

Re: WD 3.0 TB USB 3.0 drive not recognized with UBCD4WIN win/xp

This reminds to a old story: a timing error at boot

Boot ubcd4win, open disk management. Is hard disk listed?
Assign a drive letter.

I don't think that's the issue - it doesn't recognize the 3TB drive either a boot, or if I plug it in once win xp has booted. The usb flash drive works fine in either usb 2.0 or usb 3.0 ports.

I am starting to think that it might be a size limitation. Drives above 2TB aren't natively supported on winxp - there needs to be a 512e mode that the drive supports apparently. I will try a brand new 2TB drive and report back.

your guess is correct XP only supports drives up to 2TB. Since UBCD4Win is XP based it will not see a drive (partition) larger than 2TB

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.