Topic: Project is dead?

Last update - DriverPack Graphics A 6.09.1 (30 Sep 06).

?an we expect new releases and when approximately can we expect them?

Re: Project is dead?

I say it with the words of Klaus Knopper: It is ready, when it is ready. We have all to live with that fact, and you too.

I do understand that we have to wait. wink

Can someone pls. explain somthing on what we can expect..... smile

Everyone can update the DriverPacks for own use, it isn't difficult to make that. And the BASE Pack is stable, so there should be a problem to create all that ...

Will there be an update of the base? smile

I'm also confused. Normally, Bâshrat the Sneaky says at least what he'll do next, and when. And if not, he says that he has no time atm.
Maybe his Wound (you remember his injury) got infected, he got a sepsis (dunno if this means the same as in english), and he had to go fast to the hospital?!
Thinks we better not think about it!

No, I'm not hurt, I'm not dead, I've not abandoned this project and this project is not dead. School is simply so demanding that I don't have the energy to do a lot of work on this project too. BUT:

A ... very interesting announcement will be sent out to every member of this board later this week, as well as an announcement on the improved front page.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

This week?

DmitryOlenin wrote:

This week?

It would have been today, but I was extremely tired when I got back from the dentist. So it will be tomorrow smile

Alice Cooper >> ... Aching to get me, get me,OOOOOHH.
OUCH, I hope she looks as lovely as my dentist.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Open source... Cool...
But... Nevertheless, there is no updates, no new packs...
It's very sad sad

Hi
some of the testers are testing couple updated packs

patience

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Yes indeed smile Just a bit patience wink Once it's on track, it should be MUCH faster when it comes to updates.

jtdoom wrote:

Hi

patience

Yes, as a matter of fact, I will be reinstalling my main system (NOT testing rig!, hence more modern HW) tomorrow with all the new nightly packs (the new G pack arrived just in time I might say wink).

So, stay tuned!

Helmi wrote:
jtdoom wrote:

Hi

patience

Yes, as a matter of fact, I will be reinstalling my main system (NOT testing rig!, hence more modern HW) tomorrow with all the new nightly packs (the new G pack arrived just in time I might say wink).

So, stay tuned!

muiz already tested it and at least the ATI 6.11 driver and the ATI CCC are working perfectly. Do you have an nVidia GPU in your system? That'd be great.

No, I was actually about to test that very CATALYST 6.11 (hence I was so glad muiz managed to include it that fast!).
However, if required, I can also install in on my test system (which currently lacks a HDD as I am testing Vista on that one in my main righ...), which features an nVidia card.
It's only a GF2MX, but it always got the latest drivers and CP installed despite not being officially supported.
Since 3DMark 2001 ran flawlessly, I think I can conclude it is a falid testing environment even for the latest FW drivers. wink

Helmi wrote:

No, I was actually about to test that very CATALYST 6.11 (hence I was so glad muiz managed to include it that fast!).
However, if required, I can also install in on my test system (which currently lacks a HDD as I am testing Vista on that one in my main righ...), which features an nVidia card.
It's only a GF2MX, but it always got the latest drivers and CP installed despite not being officially supported.
Since 3DMark 2001 ran flawlessly, I think I can conclude it is a falid testing environment even for the latest FW drivers. wink

That's not necessary, I can verify the driver by just going through the .inf files.

The next week has passed... No updates sad

I think the project is more alive than ever.
Users can help us.
the open sourcing has recently started, and some good fixes were tested.

some other known issues are looked at by good people.

FWIW, I agreed to buy intresting stock of a Co what is changing perspectives..
if it works out, i get plenty hardware to test, once/if deal  is delivered (cash delivery, no HW, no dOLLAR°)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

The only way to be 100% sure of fast updates is to contribute yourself wink I have exams starting next week and OMFG math is a PITA! I'll be very very glad if I'll be able to get a 9/20...

Till December, 15-th there will be no updates?

DmitryOlenin wrote:

Till December, 15-th there will be no updates?

A lot of testing DriverPacks have just been released and I'm sure all of us are busy testing them as good as possible.
Once we can confirm they work flawlessly (well, at least on the HW we can test on) they will get released.
Of course I cannot give a date for that, but theoretically, that could be any day.

Anyway, a bug with the latest RealTek HDa driver has been found so muiz had to revert back to a previous version.

All in all the delay will mean you will hopefully get a bugless DP release wink

If you really can't wait having the latest driver for your specific HW included in your UWXPCD, then just create a small 3rd Party DP.

DmitryOlenin, if you'd like to join the Testing Team, just let me know wink

Just wait , i can only say this : from now on everything will go fast.
Normaly Bashrat did all those packs on his own. ( RESPECT )
Now I , (and hopefully im getting a side kick), will do this.
I already have implented LOTS of new drivers in almost all packs.
If you are missing a driver , make a request for it in the right place and your prayer will be heard.

So..... be patience !!!!

oftopic:
(Helmi im still waiting for those drivers. wink  )

Last edited by muiz3 (2006-12-06 00:02:30)

muiz3 wrote:

oftopic:
(Helmi im still waiting for those drivers. wink  )

I know!
I said today and I just got home for bear with me.
Now, I'll have to check whether you already included some of them wink

Give me an hour or two...