Topic: What driverpacks to use

Hello

I have here a small issue of what driverpacks I must insert using wintoolkit. When I use all driverpacks some computers are well formated and installed but they don't boot and don't show the welcome and desktop. They keep just rebooting. But when I use just the following packs all computers boot with no problem

Graphics A
Graphics B
Graphics C
LAN
Modem
Sound A
Sound B
Webcam
WLAN

So why using chipset and mass storge packs cause some computers to not boot properly?

Thank you for any help and hints.

Last edited by CyberHaddad (2014-05-22 04:01:55)

Re: What driverpacks to use

this issue and other related issues are covered extensively in the two how to topics stickied in this forum.
(this has been asked and answered multiple times)

DriverPacks.net itself (the team and the software) does not directly support sysprep. Although fellow users and friends of DriverPacks will respond if they see your post. you should see Read BEFORE you post. also linked in my signature so you can properly update your first post with some useful info. There is no hint as to what you may, or may not have, done as it reads now.  Most noticeably absent is what the target OS [and update level] is???  (that might help sad). See if you can't rewrite it in the spirit of rule # 6 from Read BEFORE you post..

hint: Check the setupapi.log file of an affected machine for your cause.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Well yes... But I want to prepare one Win 7 installation DVD for different computers. I visited many topics in this forums, unfortunately I still didn't find anyone that could answer my question. Thank you for any help and hints or even links to the topics you told me about. My thanks for your reply.

I see a "Graphics C" in there.  Is he using NT5 DriverPacks on NT6?

It makes no sense, that was why i asked what he did

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

You're right good noticing !!!
Well I use to prepare both "win xp" and "win 7" installation cd/dvd. And yes no Graphics C in win 7.

Still no clue as to, what he is doing, or how, on what OS, (or why), One more useless post (not in compliance with RULE 1) and I am going to ban him.

I HATE that.

let me put the shoe on the other foot...

"I have a problem."
"So, how soon can you fix it."

Fix what??? your lawnmower? your cat? your roof?
Sorry i can't fix stupid.
- It's not possible to solve an undefined problem.

Thanks for your replies.

I wondered why you didn't understand me well, so I posted the same topic here: 
http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/1229 … ks-to-use/
and people there understood me well so far. Why not here?

The issue was just a few computers that wouldn't boot after formating them using Windows 7 32-bit (with all driverpacks) or windows xp pro sp3 32-bit (with all driverpacks).

So again :

inserting all driverpacks minus chipset and mass storage the result is all computers are installed well and they all boot normally.

But

inserting all driverpacks the result is all computers are installed well but not all of them boot normally but they keep rebooting over and over.

If you see that this topic deserves some discussion to find a possible solution then no problem since this is what I want, but in case you see it (and you know better than me) as not welcome then just delete and ignore it. No problem really.

Thank you smile

there is a link in my signature. Read BEFORE you post.

check each numbered item off as you add it to your post.

the answers will follow.

you state problem (as outlined in READ BEFORE YOU POST)
IE in a clear manner with versions and steps taken
with the primary info already requested three times.
what failed? when and where.

Sorry for there is No error message to show you since the computer keeps rebooting. The last computer to do that was a HP Compaq dc5800 Small Form Factor. The OS were XP 32-bit and later Windows 7 32-bit.

I corrected that by using all the driverpacks provided here in your site but minus chipset and mass storage.

This what remains as a "big why" in my mind.

Do you have the HWIDs from that machine? Rebooting is usually HDD Controller driver but not always.

What version of the packs did you use on that machine.
You tried XP, and Win7 OS's?  list packs for each (versions)

We are getting somewhere now big_smile

HInt check the setupapi.log I assure you there is an error, just because you didn't get a blue screen doesn't mean there was no error recorded. i have suggested this multiple times now.

did you use DriverPacks BASE to add mass storage to your XP source? Was your source(s) clean OEM disc image?
although you have now revealed that you are using xp and 7 32bit, no service pack levels / updates were indicated.
So we STILL don't know what source(s) you are using.

can we get this together. normally we are this far half way through a first post... it would be nice to get all the first post info together before say post 20 tongue

Do you also have a post going at wintoolkit we could refer to? you are really making this painful for us.

I expect to find legacy HP small-form-factor desktops with blown capacitors, on either the mobo or in the P/S or both.

Last edited by TechDud (2014-10-08 17:15:08)

Thanks helped to solve the problem.