Topic: [CLOSED] MCE issues

It seems the DriverPacks don't work very well in combination with MCE (according to razormoon and muiz)... So please post your experiences, tips and anger outbursts here (:D), so we can get it solved quickly.

Current status:
-not the slightest clue why at least the text mode drivers aren't working!

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Re: [CLOSED] MCE issues

According to muiz's latest test it's "working like a charm with 6.06", so can others please confirm? Then I can get rid of this sticky immediately tongue

Don't touch the sticky yet...I'm still tracking raid issues. And I still don't know how the rest of the driver packs are going to behave. Though, if muiz is doing fine, then I don't think I'll have a problem after the raid issue.

The following sentence is false.
The preceding sentence is true.

It works finaly , after a long time.
I dont use raid , so i cant confirm that.
it still meses up cmdlines.txt , but bashrat is going to fix that.

So we are 1 step closer to a final?

http://www.l33tsig.net/sig/1/muiz.png

muiz wrote:

It works finaly , after a long time.
I dont use raid , so i cant confirm that.
it still meses up cmdlines.txt , but bashrat is going to fix that.

So we are 1 step closer to a final?

There will never be a final! wink

As the drivers and their respective issues evolve (updates and new drivers), the DriverPacks BASE will have continuously to be updated. A 'truly stable version' is the the definition I'd like to use wink

I don't know what I did in one of my experimental unattends but I got drivers (nvidia specifically) to load but none of my included software show up. I then tried slipstreaming mass storage with previous (batch) dpbase, noted all changes and slipstreamed the rest with 6.06. I know 6.06 removes textmode drivers REGARDLESS so I moved those back to the I386 directory. I used 6.06 presetup, setup.exe...matter of fact I used everything from 6.06. I kept mass storage entries and drivers from previous. Everything seemed to work except after the 2nd reboot (towards the first logon) I get a bsod. I suspect this is nvidia, but then again it's just a guess. I use Acronis backup so I didn't weep like a child last night.

What is newdev.dll by the way? Sometimes it shows up in txtsetup.sif, sometimes it doesn't. Same with dosnet.inf.   I also noticed a peculiar thing about HDA fix. It doesn't act upon i386 if it is detected...granted, but YOUR hda fix works while mine doesn't ALSO HDAPROP.DLL and HDASHCUT.EXE are missing from what 6.06 detects (only dpbase will install these)...I don't know. Can you just force HDA and screw the exist check? tongue <shrug>

I'm trying, but I'm gonna walk away for the time being...my head is pounding... smile

There will never be a final!

yikes !! pffff

And  1 more thing :
It doesnt detect MCE as MCE but as Xp pro sp2

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3880/nomce4jp.jpg

Last edited by muiz (2006-06-08 20:05:34)

http://www.l33tsig.net/sig/1/muiz.png

razormoon wrote:

What is newdev.dll by the way? Sometimes it shows up in txtsetup.sif, sometimes it doesn't. Same with dosnet.inf.

It's for KB883667, which has been added in the latest version.

Is that with the same OS that it sometimes gets slipstreamed and sometimes not? It's a hotfix solely for Windows XP SP1 or SP2.

My own experience about MCE :
It required "specific" drivers which are not the same than "standard" ones.

For example, nVidia used to release two differents nForce drivers for nForce 410/430 mobos :
- one WHQL for Windows XP Pro / Home Edition
- another one WHQL for Windows Media Center

Now, very recently with nForce v8.26 it seems that there's only one driver pack smile
WinXP : http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4 … _8.26.html
WinMCE : http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4 … _8.26.html

Off topic :
The last time I installed XP Pro on my nForce 430 mobo (Asus A8N-VM CSM), made with DP_base 6.06.1 + lastest DriverPacks (chipset 605, lan 6051, massstorage 6031 ....) I had some peripherals not recognized;
DriverPacks need some update ! smile http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=256

Last edited by maxximum (2006-07-31 02:24:34)

Getting a blue screen everytime I use the DriverPacks with MCE.  Going one by one to determine which one is causing it.  Will update hen I figure it out.  I have a feeling though it is the integrated ATI graphics on the motherboard though...as it seems to be working perfectly fine on other systems.  Doesn't even load up the first graphical stage before it bluescreens...goes straight from the scrolling splash to bsod.  Might be the ATI IGP drivers...

UPDATE:

Graphics A - OK
Graphics B - OK
Graphics C - OK
Chipset      - In progress

Last edited by JBL (2006-09-29 09:47:43)

It's most likely massstorage. Play around with that for awhile. I've used driver packs exclusively with MCE (never a problem with the nvidia drivers even! Always installed correct drivers)...only problems I've ever encountered (regarding bsod) was mass storage.

How did that work out, JBL?

I only use mce since the beginning , it works fine , blue screens have nothing to do with mce , mce = xp pro

@muiz... mce = xp pro not necessarily true. Try installing latest xp nvidia drivers on an mce machine...! smile

Yep no problems at all , the only difference between mce driver is that there an extra menu in mce

I think this topic can be closed now: the issue is no more since a very long time smile