Topic: Automating DriverPack integration?

Please forgive me if I'm being completely stupid, but I've searched quite extensively on these forums and elsewhere, but not found the answer to my question yet...

Is it possible to run the DriverPack integration process non-interactively? I'd like to be able to pass a customised dps_base.ini file to the .exe and have it run the complete integration process automatically?

Thanks, Nick

Re: Automating DriverPack integration?

It is possible to do this through the RVM Integrator and a select few other programs like AutoImage (by RogueSpear).  I'm not positive if it is possible through any batch file though.  That would be a question for Bâshrat the Sneaky himself.

This link will give you an idea of how it is done with the integrator:
http://siginet.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18

Siginet - thanks for the link...I'm releived I'm not being completely thick!

I do use RVM already, but also nLite, and I was under the impression that DriverPacks were best done after nLite, and RVM before nLite?

Do you know how RVM achieves the automation of DPS_Base.exe - I've tried adding the /settings:"x:\..." to dps_base.exe and all that does is copy a custom .ini file over to the dps_base.ini (doesn't copy it back if you make any changes though!) - it doesn't start the slipstreaming process automatically. Are there any other command line options?

With the old style DriverPacks, I was able to achieve automation by modifying the run_me.cmd so it didn't prompt for the method or KTD answers

Bashrat - it would be really nice to have this feature back.

Thanks, Nick

Unless something was changed in the latest DP_Base then it should work just how that thread states it.  You need to make a custom settings file in the dp_base.exe by exporting it.  You would then point to that settings file in the integrator advanced tab.

To use the unattended function with nlite you would need to request that to nuhi... and nuhi would need to request the DP Base to support nLite.
If nLite has any unattended features you could have nlite called by the integrator from a batch file and then in the batch call a second instance of the integrator which integrates a blank addon file with the advanced option of calling the DP Base. wink  Kinda confusing... but it would work. If nlite doesn't have unattended options you could make a simple autoit script that could do it for you.

Thanks again - it looks like AutoImage might be the best answer - not seen it before, so thanks for the introduction.

Nick

It will become possible in the near future.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Bashrat - just noticed that AutoImage kicks of the DriverPack integration in 'API mode' - is there any documentation on this, a it sounds like what I was after?

Thanks, Nick

That is exactly what the integrator uses too. wink  API mode is for third party applications.  If the app writer requests to use the DP Base through their tool then Bashrat allows permission for that program.

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

It will become possible in the near future.

I guess I dug up an old topic, but since service pack 3 came out, the RyanVM Integrator currently breaks winnt.exe/winnt32.exe setups which I use very frequently.  Thus I can't use the RyanVM Integrator to put dps_base into API mode and unattendedly install the driverspacks, are there still plans to allow the driverpacks base to be launched from a cmd file, or some other method?

Thanks for all your time.

The new beta of RVMI 1.5.4b5 fixes the winnt32 setups (setup.exe executed from within a running Windows (2000 or XP) install.
It's not public yet that I know of, but should be released soon.

I don't use DP Base in API mode (AutoImage is being fixed to incorporate new Base changes).  I'll give it a whirl in RVMI and report back.  As far as I know, no API changes were made.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

This line is the 'unattended from a script' method you were asking about  wink

DPs_BASE.exe /settings:[MyBase.INI]

if MyBase.INI exists in the same folder as DriverPacks BASE...

Copy (or export from DriverPacks BASE) your DPs_BASE.ini settings file to  MyBase.INI
Then you will need to set the line GUI=yes to GUI=no in the MyBase.INI file.
(remember to reset GUI=yes if you use the default DPs_BASE.ini name or you will never get back to the GUI. wink)

mind you this is not api mode (quiet), the main base 'logging' screen pops up and runs visibly...
it just doesn't stop for any user input and runs unattendedly... what i belive you wanted big_smile

I am certain this has been a feature since at least early last year (base 7.xx.xx or later)
My apologies for the lack of documentation on this...

Jeff

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.