Topic: Graphics Drivers - Standardized Testing

originally posted here -->  http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 541#p52541
Updated below.

Note that these tests are indeed also applicable to a DP_Base integrated NT5 Install from a virgin source with no updates added (including DirectX).

Standard Tests

1) First as i reach the Desktop for the first time, i search for setup*.log, dp*.log and save all logs found except setup.log.  Then i copy them to the desktop.

2) After a restart, i run dxdiag & "Save All Information" to the desktop in the file DxDiag.txt.

3) I then check "Add & Remove Programs" to confirm proper installation.

4) After, i check "Device Manager" (devmgmt.msc) to verify driver installation and WHQL status.
        If something is not right, <Alt><Print Screen> will copy the current window contents to the clipboard.
         Then i create a New Bitmap File, right-click, edit it, paste the clipboard contents, and save as PNG.
          It is certainly possible for Device Manager to not report the actual version of a driver installed.
           Verify file dates and versions versus those in the DxDiag.txt report.

5) After, i check "Event Viewer" (eventvwr.msc) to check for driver-related errors.
         If any are found, i right-click on "System" and "Application" and "Save Log File as.." CSV to the Desktop.

6) Then i run "Export_XML_Report" using Geeks3D's GPU Caps Viewer.
       This "report.xml" is copied to the desktop.
        Next, i verify function of the Graphics Adapter with only the included relevant tests.
         To know which tests should work, i check the OpenGL version & OpenCL information.

7) For PhysX testing, i use Geeks3D's FluidMark.  This allows testing of PhysX-CPU-only installations such as GeForce 6 & 7 Series too.

8) Finally, i copy all generated logs, pictures & reports to my USB Thumb drive for later analysis.

9) DXVA capabilities can be viewed utilizing Bluesky's DXVA Checker.

10) Basic temperature and possibly fan speed data can be obtained with CPUID's Hardware Monitor.

11) D-P-C Latency Tester (linked in signature) can be used to identify problem hardware and/or drivers.

Missing:  1) DirectX testing and/or reporting other than DxDiag.
              2) Additional tests for NT6.x

Last edited by TechDud (2013-08-03 10:10:40)