Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

amigo, ya estoy desesperado y desilusionado, ya no encuentro solución.... en cuanto a la carpeta que me dices, esta perfectamente bien colocada, eh inclusive trabaja bien solo que no se instalan correctamente aparentemente.
le dejo una captura, con el windows original sin tocar, pues pense si era algun error en mi install.wim y el boot.wim pero no.

Friend, I'm desperate and disillusioned, I can not find solution .... as to the folder you tell me, is perfectly well placed, eh even works well just not installed correctly apparently.
I let a capture, with untouched original windows, because I thought if it was some error in my install.wim and boot.wim but no.

PunBB bbcode test

Ahí otra cuestión,

1. SAD2 funciona en virtualbox?
2. después de instalar el SAD2 le coloque un activador de windows? puede ser el error?

Here another question,

1. SAD2 works in virtualbox?
2. after installing the SAD2 you place an activator of windows? can be the error?

I understand we have a little language barrier but not a big deal.  If you would like we can use teamviewer and I can see exactly what you are doing or not doing to cause the issue.  Without seeing exactly what is going on it is hard to help.  If you would like to try it, let me know.  Teamviewer is great and I use it alot to help friends online with issues.  I just think you are putting the folder in wrong location and if that is the case then with teamviewer I can show you exactly how to do it.  Its up to you...just trying to help.

@ mr. smartepants, have you finished the new sad3 yet?  I have been so busy with college I havent had the time, sorry.  Thought I would touch base and see how it was going along.  Hope you and your family are doing well.  Take care.

Last edited by SteveDun (2013-06-21 04:42:12)

SteveDun wrote:

@ mr. smartepants, have you finished the new sad3 yet?  I have been so busy with college I havent had the time, sorry.  Thought I would touch base and see how it was going along.  Hope you and your family are doing well.  Take care.

Well, I guess I'm done.  I haven't done anything with it for a while.  I haven't done any coding for detecting laptops at all and I don't have a lot of time either.
I really need to find some time to update the first post though, it's way out of date.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Does your SAD2 folder exist on the install media or on the %systemdrive% (C:\D\SAD2\...)???
Please let us know exactly where the SAD2 folder is.

jaylopez2020 wrote:

Ahí otra cuestión,

1. SAD2 funciona en virtualbox?
2. después de instalar el SAD2 le coloque un activador de windows? puede ser el error?

Here another question,

1. SAD2 works in virtualbox?
2. after installing the SAD2 you place an activator of windows? can be the error?

1. SAD will work in virtualbox and vmware, it just won't install any drivers because you're in a virtual environment.
2. Maybe, but setupcomplete.cmd runs in series, meaning one step must finish before moving to the next step.  Something that follows after SAD won't impact SAD.

amigos por favor agregarme al facebook ahí puedo darles las ID y la CONTRASEÑA de teamviewer haber si me pueden ayudar... en cuanto las rutas, estoy seguro que las estoy haciendo bien son estas:
---
friends please add me to facebook then I can give them the ID and PASSWORD have teamviewer if I can help ... routes as I am sure that I am doing well are these:

https://www.facebook.com/jaylopez2020

PunBB bbcode test

ahí pueden ver mi método 2 utilizado:
there can see my Method 2 used:

E:\sources\$OEM$\$$\SETUP\SCRIPTS/SetupComplete.cmd
E:\sources\$OEM$\$1\D\SAD2

PunBB bbcode test

add

first off thanks for all the pics.  wink

E:\sources\$OEM$\$$\SETUP\SCRIPTS/SetupComplete.cmd

This is wrong   / should be \

%Win7-Disc%\sources\$oem$\$1\D\SAD2\ (entire contents of SAD2 folder with all DriverPacks goes here)
%Win7-Disc%\sources\$oem$\$$\Setup\scripts\setupcomplete.cmd

in setupcomplete.cmd file...

START /W %SYSTEMDRIVE%\D\SAD2\DP_Install_Tool.cmd /s >nul

this will work for you.  this should be solved now.  wink

Last edited by SteveDun (2013-06-21 11:50:25)

Por que no me agregas amigo SteveDun? y nos comunicamos por Teamviewer por favor, estoy probando! vamos haber como me fue y les cuento.
---
Why not add friend SteveDun me? and communicate by Teamviewer please, I'm trying! we have as I was and tell them.

http://www.facebook.com/jaylopez2020/ Please

Last edited by jaylopez2020 (2013-06-21 12:29:41)

Sorry but I have a live chat session for college and I dont have time right now....was just trying to answer your question.  I will be back in a couple hrs and will check in before bed.  I have added above info that will work correctly for you.

bien amigo, le cuento resulta que coloque el comando que me dijiste y  no funciono, en este utilice el SAD2.2.
no logro solucionar el problema, ademas me gustaría preguntar e informar la experiencia que tuve con el SAD2.2
---
good friend, I tell it to place the command you told me and it did not work, in this use the SAD2.2.
I fail to solve the problem, besides I would ask and report the experience I had with the SAD2.2

1. encontre un error del tada.vbs que contiene tu versión del SAD 2.2
---
1. I found a mistake tada.vbs containing your SAD version 2.2

PunBB bbcode test

2.me gusto mucho que el programa no permitiera que otros programas se arrancaran sin terminar el SAD2.2, muy buen trabajo por eso, pero para mi me gustaría dejar el SAD2.2 se cerrara automáticamente mas no se reiniciara, como lo puedo hacer?
---
2.me really liked the program does not allow other programs to torn SAD2.2 unfinished, very good job for that, but for me I would leave the SAD2.2 will close automatically but it does not restart, as I can do ?

la ruta donde van los driverpack es acá:
---
the path where driverpack is go here:

$OEM$\$1\D\SAD2\NT6\x64    (.7z here?)

este probé y no funciono! --- This tried and did not work!

o

$OEM$\$1\D\SAD2\NT6\x64\D  (.7z here?)

tengo la duda con este y voy a probarlo! --- I have a doubt with this and I'll try it!

SAD2.2 is an old modified version that had some small issues, one of which you encountered.  Plus the restart issue is corrected also.  Everything is mostly fully corrected in the SAD3 version.  The newest version that isnt on the the first page is SAD3 which has alot of modifactions.  Scroll back a few pages and grab it....also grab the beta's of hid and touchpad drivers for it has special instructions that SAD3 uses to determine the correct dirvers.  If SAD3 doesnt install correct touchpad drivers then you will have to manually install them.  SAD3 has came a long way and that is the one I recommend using.  SAD3 has different silent install switches also.

Personally I haven't messed with the SAD2 in so long it is kinda hard to remember the code.  lol

Are you using this in your iso (dvd) of win 7?  Or are you tring to just adding all this onto the harddrive first? 
You should be adding this to the iso then burn it or add to your usb depending on your install method.

Last edited by SteveDun (2013-06-21 18:10:20)

Updated these two lines in the script mr. smartepants to include win 8.1 customer preview that was released today for SAD3.  Also removed leaked build versions of win 8.1.  See below....

FOR %%i IN (6000 6001 6002 7600 7601 7602 9200 9431) DO (IF /I "%F_BuildNumber%"=="%%i" SET "F_OSBuild=NT6")
FOR %%i IN (9200 9431) DO (IF /I "%F_BuildNumber%"=="%%i" SET "F_OSType=WIN8")

Last edited by SteveDun (2013-06-27 11:51:57)

¡hola

The latest SAD3 was in this post if i remember correctly.

Lamentablemente un burro es más inteligente que yo.   tongue

Buenos noches, mi amigos!

Last edited by TechDud (2013-06-27 16:19:59)

Actually the latest is in this post: http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 586#p51586

Through a stupid accident on my part, I lost the source code of my working copy.  sad
I'm rebuilding it from v130507.

:: v130627 v3.0 (Erik Hansen)
:: Added 7zip switch -aoa to enable auto-overwrite mode.
:: Removed Win8 leaked build numbers and added Win8.1 preview build number to detection array.
:: Added DIR to CDROM detection array to prevent errors with card readers in system.

:: Added DIR to CDROM detection array to prevent errors with card readers in system.

Sir could you please share that part of your code so I can add to mine?  I alreaddy added the others just not that.  Thank you.

Last edited by SteveDun (2013-07-01 14:59:39)

SteveDun wrote:

Sir could you please share that part of your code so I can add to mine?  I alreaddy added the others just not that.  Thank you.

There are only two instances and they are in the same section.

FOR %%i IN (3 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO (DIR %%i: && IF /I EXIST "%D_DPSLocation%\%%i\" (SET "F_Method=1" & GOTO Message2))
ECHO Searching Root folders since DriverPacks were not found in current folder...
FOR %%i IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y) DO (
 DIR %%i:
 IF /I EXIST "%%i:\OEM\bin\un7zip.exe" (SET "F_Method=2")
 IF /I EXIST "%%i:\$OEM$\$1\D\" (SET "D_DPSLocation=%%i:\$OEM$\$1" & SET "F_Method=1" & %%i)
 IF "%F_Method%" GEQ "1" GOTO Message2
 )

I'll try and find time to upload the whole package when I get home from work.

Thank you sir...sorry I havent been around much but college is getting a lil difficult so been applying myself to my studies.  I am cramin 4 yrs into 3 yrs so I have alot on my plate so to speak.  Hope you and your family are doing good mr. smartepants.  I will keep in touch as much as possible but college comes first.  wink

Bueno amigos, les cuento que he programado el SAD3 V130507 a mi windows 7 x64, por lo pronto puedo decirles que funcione perfectamente en un equipo de mesa (PC) apenas pueda lo probare en un PORTÁTIL y según como me valla les contare como me fue...

PDT.

1. me gustaría tener SAD3  V130627 v3.0 (Erik Hansen) big_smile
2. el SAD3 funciona en Windows 8?,
3. donde consigo los driverpacks para windows 8 para SAD3?
4. es recomendable utilizar SAD3 para windows XP o utilizo BASE?
5. gracias por tanto empeño y excelente trabajo, disculpen por molestar tanto lol

--------------------

Well folks, I tell them that I scheduled the SAD3 V130507 my windows 7 x64, for now I can tell you that works perfectly on a table (PC) just to prove it to a LAPTOP and as such will tell me to go as I was ...

PDT.

1. I would have SAD3 V130627 v3.0 (Erik Hansen) big_smile
2. the SAD3 works in Windows 8?,
3. where I get the driverpacks for windows 8 for SAD3?
4. you should use SAD3 use windows XP or BASE?
5. thanks for excellent work so hard and, sorry to bother much lol

Still running SAD3-130507 myself with as many/updated packages as I can (excluding AMDfilter until I hear how/when to apply it). Glad to see the autoroverwrite on extract, though kind of scary as then a mix of packages could overwrite each other with order determined just by extraction sequence. It would not be as necessary if extraction was not minimized.
Another issue is if a 'found new hardware' dialog gets/is opened; driver install will be paused until closed with the only indicator in the minimized window.

I had issues with downloaded 7z packages not starting with DP_ on their name; they were skipped entirely. The folder structure SAD3 uses of NTx instead of allowing the driver packs folders as used by driver packs base makes it a little harder to maintain one driver collection to be used by both.

The Touchpad driver questions at the end of install should only need to apply if touchpad drivers were present for install; I sometimes remove unnecessary packages if just trying to hit 1 or 2 missing drivers quickly.

When installing from a USB drive, I copy the entire directory to the desktop and then run it so I can eject my drive quickly. Can SAD3 continue correctly after the extract phase completes without the folder it originally ran from (if I ran from USB stick) or should that folder remain throughout the entire execution?

I overwrote the 7zip code with the 9.30 versions for performance gains with no problems noted. It would likely be more worth my time to just recompress driverpacks with better compression settings (or all packages as one) to get transfer and extraction times down due to less data to be read. Are there any suggestions or requirements on compression settings to be used in package creation?

I have had a synaptics touchpad driver as all I found installed on a system that should have had an alps(?) driver. Steps to decide and handle this correctly being better documented would be a very good thing if the detection is not going to be written after all.
Worst parts of driverpacks I've observed are both documentation and broken links.

Lack of SAD documentation leaves me asking: Why does someone want to delete drivers not applying to their OS (such as a win7 install)? Does it speed up the install phase, cause valid matching drivers to be missed, or help exclude drivers from being installed that would cause problems? It seems to still filter by architecture type and not include XP in the drivers right? Available switches do not seem to provide choices allowing control of specifically this. Other options have me wondering if I have understood them correctly.

Should reboot be recommended/required after running? Just running the tool has never prompted me for a reboot and just says the window is closing in 10 seconds. Why delay the close?

Any way to get a before/after installed driver listing to tell what changed or a status of how much was done?

Seems it would be quicker with so many drivers and so few devices to try to apply drivers based on present devices instead of present drivers, but at present this way has worked very well for me. If there is no way to do so without XP's bug of not searching when too many drivers are present then it seems better to stick to this approach. Maybe extract could look for and exclude irrelevant categories of packages entirely based on the system.

I have the HWID tool but still need to try to learn what is needed for missing/issue driver posts. Ran into one machine that bluescreened (and actually did so with intel's chipset driver INF_allOS_9.4.0.1017_PV.exe alone). Not sure if it was a driver issue or issue with the computer. Had an ati system using two cards (7990?) in crossfire that had trouble coming out of sleep among a few other things that was fixed with the 13-3 driver from their website (3 months newer driver date than what came with the cards); it would be nice to not have to carry graphics drivers separately for that fix and new card support but it is what it is. Had a few scattered missing drivers otherwise but will try to get correct details from now on.

Anyways thanks again for the great tool and to all those hard at work on the packages.

How does this utility differ from this one:
http://driverpacks.net/docs/driverpack-solution

Also I saw in some other forum site a user comment that this Driverpack Solution was installing some Russian programs or folders into the windows install.  Is it a legit solution?

DriverPacks Solution is an Application that uses our driverpacks
(and also some of our packs, that have been modified by a few Russians)
They have written a GUI / front-end for our DriverPacks that works well.

It is a Nice GUI with some cool features big_smile.
They have a Page here at DriverPacks that they keep updated with release info and DL links ect.

Unfortunately they do not believe in extolling our hard work.
IE their Application is USELESS without our driverpacks however
they go out of their way to try to not give us much if any credit for their "solution".

We have always been about UNATTENDED installation, DriverPacks Solution is written to be a manual installer and therefore is not our thing. Certainly they fill a void that at present we do not care to fill big_smile (attended installation) 

there are a few others that also blatantly pass our work off as their own. A search of our forum will yield some of these "discussions" we have had over the years.

SAD was my idea and original script (for XP) that mr_smartepants almost singlehandedly grew into it's current version

SAD is meant to be an unattended driver installer for deployment scenarios.

summary
they favor attended
we favor unattended

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow wrote:

SAD was my idea and original script (for XP) that mr_smartepants almost singlehandedly grew into it's current version

It's a team effort!
"If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants." -Isaac Newton

Thanks overflow for the history.  Sounds like they can be trusted since they have a presence here.   Pretty lame thought that they don't have a credits link in their app and give credit to the work done here. 

I would assume SAD could also be driven attended in some matter by just running it from command line after an install (minus the nice UI) of course.

I did read in original post though that DPFinisher had to still get working under Win 7.  Is that still the case?  If so then perhaps I might be better off with Driverpacks Solution for my needs.

If I did decide to do an unattended disk, then I would like use the Win Toolkit app and it looks like that app supports adding the driver packs here to it.  I assume it just integrates these, so its different approach then SAD takes.

Last edited by jfcarbel (2013-08-20 17:22:53)

why doesn't front page ref this version?

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 586#p51586

infact what happed to this one?

:: v130627 v3.0 (Erik Hansen)
:: Added 7zip switch -aoa to enable auto-overwrite mode.
:: Removed Win8 leaked build numbers and added Win8.1 preview build number to detection array.
:: Added DIR to CDROM detection array to prevent errors with card readers in system

Last edited by botus (2013-08-21 05:56:00)

I know, I REALLY need to find some time and clean up the first post.  We have links all over the place.  Sorry.

@ OverFlow,

I understand how some take credit or refuse to give credit to original maker/makers of this tool.  I myself just updated some utilities inside and rewrote some of the code trying to improve since mr_smartepants was busy.  Plus to tell the truth I was bored and seen how a tool could be updated and somewhat refined thanks to mr_smartepants for his fine tunning.  Now days I just dont have time either, like mr_smartepants.  Wasn't it nice when we were kids and didn't have to worry and work as hard?  lol  I thank all involved in this creation and improving this tool.  Maybe when I get more time we can work on a gui for it.  wink

Last edited by SteveDun (2013-08-21 13:19:53)