Topic: Can someone please tell me How do I add drivers to DriverPacks?

I'm working on an universal image for windows 7 64 bit ent. using the SAD2 automated driver installation.
the SAD2 works fine but there is only couple of drivers missing after SAD2 finishes unpacking and installing the drivers.
I tried to manually add those drives to the drivers 7zip file, but they still won't install.
I was wondering if htere is a process for adding drivers to drivespack That I have to follow or what I did was the right process.
I appreciate if some one explains that to me.
Thanks

Re: Can someone please tell me How do I add drivers to DriverPacks?

You could post a request in the appropriate threads (with links to the drivers). 
Basically, the way SAD2 works is it extracts all DP_*.7z files and as long as all the files required by each .inf are available, dpinst will install the drivers.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Please post your HWID's from a machine with missing drivers.

mr_smartepants wrote:

You could post a request in the appropriate threads (with links to the drivers). 
Basically, the way SAD2 works is it extracts all DP_*.7z files and as long as all the files required by each .inf are available, dpinst will install the drivers.

If I place extra drivers into the DP_*.7z files, then run SAD2- will SAD2 be able to install them?

Depends on the content of the affected drivers.  Not all drivers are built the same.

...still waiting for the answers to the above questions.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

mr_smartepants wrote:

Depends on the content of the affected drivers.  Not all drivers are built the same.

...still waiting for the answers to the above questions.

Don't mean to hijack this guys thread- I will make a new one if needed. But here is my situation-

VIDEO:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1056&SUBSYS_14941028&REV_A1\4&143E46F0&0&0008: NVIDIA NVS 4200M   
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0126&SUBSYS_04941028&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/ … tude-e6520 (go to video tab, select win7 x64 as OS)

Looking to get the x64 Win7 drivers for these devices in a pack for SAD2 use.

So- if I extract all of the contents from the nvidia driver, then place them in this location of the 7z file:

DP_Graphics_Mobile_wnt6-x64_xxxx/x64/G_M/Nvidia/1

am I done then? Is there some list that SAD2 looks at so it knows what drivers are in the packs?

Last edited by kswo (2013-03-06 03:05:21)

The beta packs G_Mx64 and G_Bx64 contain your hardware IDs. Any help testing these would be appreciated.

SAD uses the inf files in the driver folders... the "list" is the inf files themselves.

if your driver is not matched then windows does not think that your driver is contained in any of the folders they are searched recursively.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow wrote:

SAD uses the inf files in the driver folders... the "list" is the inf files themselves.

if your driver is not matched then windows does not think that your driver is contained in any of the folders they are searched recursively.

Thank you- this is the answer I needed!