Re: Create new MassStorage with only One RAID driver

I hate to sound dumb, but I'm not certain how to upload it to you? Give me that and I'll do it.  Thank you.

here:

http://www.mediafire.com/

Since I started working on this project a few weeks ago I have created more accounts than I can keep up with.  But here are the files you asked for plus the 32 bit Intel RST package I was provided that work in Single Driver mode as long as I select RAID only.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ya8ax823oc8y6 … 1e6iyutqu6

Again, thank you.

Thanks,

can I have the 7z archive your using aswell

Also, do you have a clean unmodified XP source to fall back on?

Here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?s2l55tw1w1z6s6a

I think I'm getting good at this BBCode... :-)

Yes, I have a clean source without any nLite.

Last edited by Caleb37 (2012-12-08 12:23:17)

All looks good.

OK, Start with the clean source, and integrate.

Also, turn off QSC in DP Base, and delete the contents of QSC folder, it might be interfering with the integration.

This was much faster since it was clean of nLite, but again it failed, couldn't find iaStorA, press any key to reboot.

OK, Lets try the driver you referenced, add the files to the archive, and change iastorA to iastor in the ini

Also use clean source without QSC

I'll need your help with this part of it.  Can you modify the files I sent to you correctly and take out the AHCI files leaving only the iaStor, including the mod to the txsetup.oem file? Again, if the system sees both it causes a Blue Screen.  If you don't want to I'll understand.  That parts a little more complex than I would have thought with hwids, etc....

OK, I modified the I4 folder with only the iaStor files and modified the txtsetup.oem file removing references to iaHci.  I then modified the Mass storage pack by removing the 'A', but am concerned with the HWID as doesn't look like what was identified earlier in this thread when I ran SaveHwids to create that log.

Last edited by Caleb37 (2012-12-08 13:00:32)

OK, hold on

txtsetup.oem mod isn't necessary, DP Base only looks at it's ini, but I can mod if you want

Last edited by Damnation (2012-12-08 12:58:51)

Whoops, I was editing when you replied...  If you can review and let me know what you think...

OK Here

http://www.mediafire.com/?3xir55ijhletjsx

OK what are the HWIDs now?

Name: Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SATA RAID Controller
    Hardware ID's:
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_84EF1043&REV_05
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_84EF1043
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&CC_010400
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&CC_0104
    Compatible ID's:
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&REV_05
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826
        PCI\VEN_8086&CC_010400
        PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0104
        PCI\VEN_8086
        PCI\CC_010400
        PCI\CC_0104

these match with the one in txtsetup.oem and the mass-storage ini

OK, I'll run this again.  I'll let you know shortly....

OK, so there is a little good news here.  I ran it your way and mine (meaning I pulled out iaHci files and references).  They both got me to the Copying Screen of the Install.  The reason I pulled out the iaHci files is that the last time I accidentally referenced both iaStor and iaHci, through the TEXTMODE Single Driver Setup, which I accidentally highlighted both AHCI and RAID, the Windows install worked, but at 1st login I Blue Screened.  When I removed the AHCI and went with iaStor it worked to install and load windows on 1st boot up. 

So at the moment I'm testing my version, yours sans the iaHci.  I'll let you know how it goes as soon as I see if it will let me into Windows the 1st time after the primary install.

If this works, then I can go back to my nLite version and incorporate the single driver method you've been helping me on. 

I think for tonight I'm done for now.  My key isn't working on my Retail version so I have to find my original packing to review the key.  I think I wrote it incorrectly.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Thank you so much for your time tonight. I think we may actually be on to something here.

Cheers - Larry

Last edit for the night guys.  You, are Rockstars.  I couldn't remember where my key was so I decided to run a gambit and ran the modified storage MassStorage driver pack with my nLite version since I knew half of the battle was won as soon as the Windows install accepted the RAID driver.  I wasn't sure what was going to happen after the install whether or not I would be able to boot into Windows without that dreaded BSOD.  Great news to report.  Not only did my install install, but it booted right into Windows for the 1st time.  It was sweet to hear my sound card go active with the MS Chime.  And just to complete this story, I also ran the other driver packs needed, such as Lan, WLAN, SoundB, and Chipset with great success.  It was nice to look into Device Manager and not see so many exclamation marks.

I used the modified file MassStorage package provided, but removed the iaHci files and references.  I think this is what truly worked best.  I also believe this was close to the 1st question I had when I joined the site as to whether I could strip the pack completely down to only the new Intel 32bit RAID driver, which proved to be right.

Does this make me a DriverPack beta tester?  :-)  jk

Anyhow, before I go into the OS tomorrow and start installing the vendor drivers for my MB and Video card, I wanted to ask if there was anything else that you could think of to test, more for you guys than me, at this point.  I mean we had to completely destroy the MassStorage pack to get this to work.  Are you curious to know that if the right changes are made to the pack with the new information that we could get it to work?  But then it may not be much good to the general public since what we've done was support a single platform versus a Universal solution. 

I'll leave that up to you guys.  I'll check back into tomorrow morning for any response.

Again, thank you guys so much.  I was told many things weren't possible and yet, they all were, with the right attitude and determination, if for nothing more than to prove the naysayers wrong.  I also learned much from the multiple boards I signed up with in the last couple of weeks.

Having this one little modified pack may help others out who are in the same situation with a setup that is very close to mine with the X79 Sandy Bridge, wanting to use XP 32bit.  I thought when I left XP last year it was for good.  But with the type of Audio I process, the programs I  use are not compatible with Windows 7 x64 as they were betas and no longer written.  There have been no suitable replacements to date. 

Ciao - Larry

Last edited by Caleb37 (2012-12-08 15:16:53)

Glad to be of help,

I'm still curious as to why the driver in driverpacks didn't work for you though.

any chance you're willing to do more testing?

Last edited by Damnation (2012-12-08 22:57:46)

What's your curiosity?  What would you like me to try?

Caleb37 wrote:

Well, look I thank you for your help.  I've wasted enough of your time.  I was under the impression using this forum I could learn how to modify a driverpack to suite my needs, but it's a challenge that can't seem to be done.  So again, thank you. I'll continue to try to figure this out on my own, at this point, or collaborate with others that have been successful at doing this.  I don't mind using the TEXTMODE single driver, but then I lose the ability to include the Driverpacks I've been using for years in combination with nLite and now that seems to be lost because of this idiotic situation with Intel, the X79 Chipset, and Windows XP32bit.

Sorry to have troubled you with a challenge that can't be met.

That is not at all true. We have a very thorough guide for doing this exactly.
It is naturally in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) section of our forum.
IDK why you were not immediately pointed to this thread...
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=2461

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Damnation wrote:

OEM LINK

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_ … ldID=20963

If he ever comes back, I've noticed that this hardware ID

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826

only uses megasr.sys in the OEM driver, same in driverpacks. but driverpacks has the addition of iaStorA.sys also with that HWID.

If mass-storage.ini is edited to remove this HWID from iaStorA.sys I think it'll work.

Duplicate HWIDs are not permitted... this is an error in the pack.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

I can see your former rant in the context of an IT person under stress.  No harm; no foul.
You are correct that i wasn't helpful in assisting you to create a speciallized pack.
My time and resources, like the DriverPacks, are being stretched thin.

I venture to add support to the main NT5 MassStorage pack.  That is my focus, and rightfully so.
  Does there exist any interest?

A contribution to the forum would be welcome, if it pleases you.  This does not need to necessarily be a financial contribution.
The moderators here know what it is that is needed.

Last edited by TechDud (2012-12-09 07:37:58)

Caleb37 wrote:

MSFN told me I couldn't remove DPBase packs from an nLite source after the fact, yet I wrote a batch file that did exactly that, including replacing the original nLite files in the I386 folder.

Not exactly true, DriverPacks can be removed IF DriverPacks was the LAST step in your process. big_smile

you could add your textmode driver in nLite then add DriverPacks... and that would work IF there was not a HWID conflict in the pack, which there is. HINT: remove the section(s) {there is normally only one wink} of the Mass Storage INI with conflicting HWIDs big_smile HINT 2: set MScount to 0 (zero) will disable a section...

nLite first then DriverPacks. If you do DriverPacks last then you can always remove DriverPacks. (to remove DriverPacks simply run DriverPacks BASE on your source with no packs selected wink.

We never recommend using nLite, it really wacks the source, however if your not comfortable or experienced with OS installation it can be helpful. Just be aware it is a really messy thing to do to your source. But if it works for you on this one machine then go for it.