Topic: [SLVD][10.10] "The file jraid.sys could not be found", Textmode Setup

Has anyone else come across this error before with the latest Mass Storage driverpack?  As the file can't be found setup halts before textmode even fires up properly. :-/

I've not seen any other reports of this so wondering if it's something I've done wrong.  I've checked the MD5 file hash of my pack and that's fine and I can open the pack in 7zip and browse to the jraid.sys file itself in the 'J' folder so it's definitely in there.  I'm testing my image in Oracle Virtualbox but don't think this should affect it as it's only loading in the files at the point it fails?

I notice a lot of work has been done on the Jmicron stuff recently so wonder if an ini file has an error in it but as I say nobody else seems to have had this issue so I doubt that! smile

Cheers.

UPDATE:

Just rolled back to Mass Storage Pack v10.09 and that works a treat so there definitely seems to be something amiss with the loading of jraid.sys from v10.10.  As I ask above could this be a Vbox issue?

Last edited by Mulgie (2010-11-04 23:05:40)

Re: [SLVD][10.10] "The file jraid.sys could not be found", Textmode Setup

did you try to access the file directly in the I386 folder of your ISO image? (does jraid.sy_ exist)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Hi Overflow,

That's one thing I didn't try fella.  Now I've rolled back to 10.09 I'll have to compile a brand new source again to test this out so will give that a whirl tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks.

Please let us know.  Jmicron works fine on my PC, both in a live install and in virtualbox.
It's possible a rogue addon corrupted the txtsetup.sif file.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Hi fellas,

Apologies for the slow reply; busy times here at Manchester Uni! smile

I've compiled a brand new disk using Mass Storage pack 10.10 and again I get the 'The file jraid.sys could not be found' error.  Loaded my new ISO into MagicDisc and did a search of the file structure for 'Jraid.*' but no files were found.  Interestingly it appears that most of the other *Textmode Driver* files are missing too but not all of them.

One thing that may be a factor in my particular install is that I do Multi-Boot AIO-DVD installations.  This has never been an issue before though and as I say Mass Storage pack 10.09 works OK.

Has something changed in pack 10.10's .ini files that would cause DPBase 10.06 to mis-read the Textmode Driver install in Multi-Boot Mode maybe?

Looked at my Base 10.06 log files for the two Packs' installations and they are markedly different.  The main reason for this is that when the 10.10 pack failed initially I then just ran Base again using the older 10.09 pack and so it deleted any existing 10.10 references during its 'PREP' stage.  Aside from that the main thing I can see is that when installing 10.10 Base detects that there is a QuickStream Cache available whereas with 10.09 it created one itself after removal of the old info.  As a result, the 10.10 installer loads its MassStorage ini file from here:
<SLIP> QuickStream Cache available for DriverPack MassStorage text mode drivers!
<SLIP> E:\Driverpacks\QSC\wnt5_x86-32_uni_DP_MassStorage_1010_textmode\DriverPack_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32.ini

whereas the 10.09 ini file was loaded from a temporary directory instead:
<SLIP> Extracted DriverPack MassStorage to a temporary working directory.
<SLIP> E:\Driverpacks\tmp\DPMtmp\DriverPack_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32.ini

Hope this extra info helps you gurus out! wink

Cheers.

EDIT: Added *clarification* of what files were missing as it sounded a bit vague.

Last edited by Mulgie (2010-11-11 01:56:42)

Hi fellas,

Just an update to say that I've just done an even newer disk using mr_smartepants' [NIGHTLY] DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_101101 and this works perfectly with 'JRAID.SY_' present and correct.

Not sure what it was that was giving me the run-around with 10.10 but whatever didn't work for me in that pack seems to have been fixed with 10.1101 so many thanks for that Mr_Smartepants! smile

(Thanks for the tips and feedback too Jeff!).

Glad it worked!  We may release dpms soon, so I may ask you to test a release candidate later.

Not a problem fella, I'd be glad to help.

Cheers.

Hey, I am having this exact problem: 'The file jraid.sys could not be found." which is odd because Mulgie said a month ago this was fixed. I am using Base 10.06 and Mass Storage 10.11. I do see jraid.sy_ in the i386 dir of my source.

I reverted to Mass Storage 10.09, and now I get: "The file nvrd325.sys not found." But I see nvrd325.sy_ in i386.

Last edited by dlpirl (2010-12-22 07:07:23)

Are you running DriverPacks BASE and "removing" the DriverPacks by deselecting all packs?  Or are you just swapping the .7z packs from the \OEM\ folder in your source?
If you're just swapping out the .7z files, you're asking for trouble. 
I recommend starting with a fresh source.  You're correct, this bug was squashed with the 10.11 dpms, so it's very odd that you are still experiencing it.  I'm guessing something else is going on with your txtsetup.sif file.

I am following the tutorial at http://users.telenet.be/jtdoom/basetute/Eng_tut6b.htm and i didn't see anything about removing drivers. i am not using an OEM install, but a standard Win XP install with SP3 slip streamed into it "manually". I successfully used the same source files about a year ago.

Please clarify your suggestion about removing drivers. Uncheck everything, slipstream, then run again with everything checked? I have done this and the result is the same: "The file jraid.sys could not be found." jraid.sy_ is in the i386 dir, and there are several references to jraid.sys in txtsetup.sif.

The PC is a Dell Latitude E6410 laptop.

I worked through the build using fresh source and the result is the same.

Last edited by dlpirl (2010-12-22 11:08:02)

Can we see the DPs_BASE.log for the fresh source install

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Can you post your DPs_BASE.log please?

I was trying to learn how to upload files and attach them to posts here, but I don't see a way.

Anyway, it is looking like the problem is due to the iso creation. I will research more and get back to you here.

1) Open DPs_BASE.log in Notepad
2) Edit->Select all
3) Edit->Copy
4) Click "Post Reply" in this thread.
5) Right-click->Paste
6) Click "submit"

Just paste it in the message? How ugly wink.

But you can consider this issue solved. I am not getting that message anymore after correctly creating the ISO. My problem is I only get into driver packs stuff every year or so and have to relearn everything. I'll have to write myself some notes this time.  Thanks for your patience and quick responses.

I had the same fault

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 375#p49375