Topic: HP Probook 6570B - front right USB

Hi,

I have one 32bit Windows 7 image that I am deploying to all HP machines thanks to this wonderful driver pack. Up until yesterday, this has worked for every HP device I have thrown at it. The only thing the driver packs doesn't do for us is install an Erricson mobile driver [no biggie].

We received a new shipment of HP Probook 6570B laptops yesterday and I test deploed my Windows 7 image. It did everything as usual, found the network card and joined the domain etc. It wasn't until later that I discoved that the two USB ports on the front right of the laptop weren't working, all other USB ports worked fine.
In the device managed there were three devices not found. The fingerprint reader, the HP disk movement protection and the broadband driver mentioned above.

I went to the HP site and decided to download the correct drivers. However, after downloading and installing all correct drivers the front right usb ports still weren't working. I plugged a mouse into the port and the mouse LED remains lit until the windows drivers are loaded, then it goes out. I booted the machine using Ubuntu and it found the mouse and USB ports without issue [got to love Linux!]

OK, so I have the wrong driver being loaded and it is breaking it.

Just out of interest I reimaged the machine and I noticed that the mouse port remained lit and active up until the point where the driverpacks loaded the drivers, so windows seems to have what it needs by default.

I am just not sure what to delete to make it work again. Any suggestions, where to start?

Regards

Re: HP Probook 6570B - front right USB

Consider donating to DriverPacks.
  You might agree that this would assist the founders of DP's (not I, BTW).
They are truly underpaid and overworked in general.  (Well, that is, except for Wim???  lol)

It takes valuable time to prepare any sensible response,
as i see that you have wisely invested some of your valuable time to request feedback.

devlin7 wrote:

"I plugged a mouse into the port and the mouse LED remains lit until the windows drivers are loaded, then it goes out. I booted the machine using Ubuntu and it found the mouse and USB ports without issue [got to love Linux!]"

Indeed.  What would a Windows tech do without linux?  Order more minoxidil?  smile

Guess-timate #1) mismatched drivers in system32\* ?
Guess-timate #2) Fresco Logic USB3? http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For … 98f588730e  hmm

Edit:  sorry, that was likely Intel USB 3.0 in the aforementioned ProBook

Last edited by TechDud (2012-08-31 13:51:39)

Ignore me, Symantec Antivirus strikes again. It seems that SEP policy was killing the USB ports. All HAIL DriverPacks!

devlin7 wrote:

It seems that SEP policy was killing the USB ports.

Now THAT is something I haven't seen before.  I use SEP also.  Can you elaborate?

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

As a part of our Windows 7 image I install SEP12 shortly after the drivers. It seems that until SEP pulls its policy and updates the USB mouse is a donut. I have seen this before on an XP machine also. Not sure what it is obviously something that is disabled in the default SEP installation.

It seems I am telling porkies. It appears that I need to run the driver install twise in order for it to find the usb ports on the front right of the laptop. If I can help diagnose this issue let me know what you require. Regards