Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

As far as I can see this does not work on server 2003. Looking through the script I can see why.
The line:
IF /I "%build%"=="2600" SET OSbuild=NT5
is only for windows xp, both server 2003 and xp are NT based and use same drivers, so we need the build number for 2003 which is 3790. Then u should do a for loop like you do with windows 7/vista:

FOR %%i IN (2600 3790) DO (
IF /I "%build%"=="%%i" SET OSbuild=NT5
  )

it should be good and work on server 2003 too. But better test just to be sure, just wanted to mention it for some time but newer created a user before today. Great work btw smile
Link to build numbers:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library … s.85).aspx

Last edited by franner (2012-04-23 09:30:49)

Excellent first post!  Welcome to DriverPacks.
I can see that you will fit in nicely with our rag-tag bunch o' misfits! big_smile

Thanks for the tip.  I'll add that in for the next release.

BTW, seeing as you know what you're doing, I've upgraded your account to the "testing team".
Welcome to the team.  You'll find more areas of the forums unlocked for you.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Hey Erik,

A friend of mine, monkie53, aka emplosion69, is trying to implement SAD2 in a build and since some of the drivers installed in this way need a reboot before taking effect, rather than running SAD2 at either FirstLogon.cmd or SetupComplete.cmd he's figured out a way to pause the build just before the last reboot, (henceforth referred to as the "install" stage), so he can run SAD2 at that point so that after the reboot, all the drivers should be in effect at first desktop.  SAD2 works fine for him in an installed OS, his real OS - Win7 x64 -  and the VM's OS.  But when he runs it at the "install" stage he has a problem.  The drivers seem to install, but the script seems to get "lost".  After the 30 second countdown the script hangs with an error - "The system can not find the path specified."  I'm wondering if this is a variant on the error that used to be there where the script did a CD and forgot to go back and ended up lost?  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Cheers and Regards

monkie53 aka emplosion69 wrote:

did a fresh VMstall and got the screen shot to make it clear on wat I see smile

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3927/w … 221334.png

EDIT: I use this in my AutoUnattend.xml file

<RunSynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
                    <Description>Test</Description>
                    <Order>6</Order>
                    <Path>cmd /c %WINDIR%\Setup\Scripts\Test.cmd</Path>
                </RunSynchronousCommand>

in the Test.cmd I have

cmd /c START /wait %systemdrive%\D\SAD2\DP_Install_Tool.cmd

I tested this cmd line with a cmd with this in it from the $OEM$\$1\D\SAD2 folder

cmd /c START /wait DP_Install_Tool.cmd

and all the cmd's close out in a installed OS, my real OS and the VM's OS, but at the install stage ( image ) the cmd has that error line witch causes it to drop down to the C:\> and it will not close out auto as it should

EDIT2:  LOL n/m  we found the problem:

Ok, figured out the issue LMFAO it was right there the whole damn time ..

ok, original block from the ( SAD2-120326 ) DP_Install_Tool.cmd..

:Timer
 ECHO.  & ECHO This window will close itself in 30 seconds... & ECHO. 
 For /l %%A in (1,1,30) do (<nul (SET/p z=#) & >nul ping 127.0.0.1 -n 2 )  
)
ECHO      *********************************************************************

and delete the ")" and ya have this below..

:Timer
 ECHO.  & ECHO This window will close itself in 30 seconds... & ECHO. 
 For /l %%A in (1,1,30) do (<nul (SET/p z=#) & >nul ping 127.0.0.1 -n 2 )  

ECHO      *********************************************************************

I started lookin at the cmd more and seen the
(

code

)

so ok, no biggie, we seen this before, then I looked and seen there really wasnt a '(' for that last ')' that I deleted and viola!

Now we are in business YaY

Last edited by bphlpt (2012-05-18 19:19:15)

Nice catch.  I'll be going through my SAD2 script and make minor improvements where I can.  I'll make sure to make that correction.  Thanks!

Thanks for reporting big_smile

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Still experimenting.  Now getting occasional more random type errors.

Ok, using Win 7 x64 Pro I get this in the cmd now

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3682 … 181613.png

It did fine on Win 7 x86 Pro

------

Ok, I remade the ISO ( only editin the xml file ) and it werkd, BUT this time I got a eeror ( it was a windows error box ) that it could not find C:\D\SAD2\xxxxx.cmd .. plaease make sure you typed yada yada

Not discounting the possibility / probability of operator error, but wanted to throw these out there in case anyone recognizes a symptom.  Suggestions anyone?

EDIT:  UPDATE

Well my last error was a double entry in the xml file to run the Test.cmd hehe, crazy ass x64 runs the x86 and x64 xml entries

SO really it was a error  ----- [operator]

I am cleanin all this up right now to make sure there isnt no issues with the xml file from x64 user

------------

Ok, here is the issue I am running into, I use a dual arch xml file to cover everything I do with installin win 7, now usin the x86 or amd64 components sections causes the Install_Tool to run 2 times thus givin me that windows error with 'windows could not find C:\D\SAD\xxxx.cmd' Please make sure you typed the name correctly ... '

Ok, now I removed the x64 RunSynchronous so it doesnt get ran 2 times on x64 installs, now the only 1 that gets ran is the x86 components section with causes it to run in 32 bit space .. yea sum will understand this sum wont ..

SO, I am not sure wat to do to the cmd to get the viable info for win 7 only runnin it from a xml like I am, but this would be the area to do it in if it could be modified for win 7 and xml use, maybe I can do it, I'll try ..

Cheers and Regards

Last edited by bphlpt (2012-05-19 12:42:06)

Well the error he was getting is caused by a 64-bit OS being installed on a 32-bit processor.  That's a condition that shouldn't be possible anyway so I may remove the check.  I suspect that he saw that in VM and that if he installed on a live-metal system it would be fine.

Close but no.

The 'DP_Install_Tool.cmd' is not the problem, just the extra ')' in the cmd was a legit issue tho  please make sure to pass that on, as I found out the nature of the error and it was a mind bogglin one too

Well that is wat you would think, but no ..

here is the layout I just ran into last night.

1 Dual arch AutoUnattend.xml with both amd64 and x64 architechtures, ok now we are goin to get a little confusin maybe, just follow along

you have this 1 XML file dual arch, and you have in it to RunAsynchronous or RunSynchronous commands ..

having the exact same run for a cmd or .exe ( or ANYTHING at this point ) in each amd64 and x86 and install a x64 OS will run BOTH the amd64 and x86 components in the pass

So wat I was gettin was that, the amd64 section of the XML file was gettin ran first ( and was fine on the x64 OS ) then the x86 section was gettin ran right after the amd64, witch would throw the windows error up, witch is legit, but to the fact that I didnt even know that BOTH comopnents ( amd64 & x86 ) would get ran if install a x64 OS .. if this has made since, that is the gist of that, lets go on ..

Now for the x86 OS install, this is just plain simple, it ignores the amd64 sections of the XML file .. thats all there is too the x86 side, it runs just the x86 components listed in the XML file ..

So using a dual arch XML file ( you have to beeee very careful to wat ya have in BOTH amd64 and x86 sections of the components pass or you may end up flubbin a x64 install, the critical areas I see that are visible to this is the RunAsynchronous or RunSynchronous commands listed in amd64 and the x86 parts

Ok, 1 final notation is that: When usin the above setup of a XML file and RunAsynchronous or RunSynchronous commands, they will run in 1 of 2 bit spaces = if amd64 the execution is from the 64 bit space, IF it runs the x86 it is ran from 32 bit space, and thus in the DP install tool.cmd this is wat was ACTUALLY happenin, is that the amd64 RunAsynchronous was the correct run cause the line was executed on a x64 OS, witch the DP Install tool.cmd finished as intended. Now the x86 RunAsynchronous command runs right after the amd64 and it would be in task manager as running in 'DP_Install_Tool.cmd *' ( witch means 32 bit run on x64 OS ) ok, fine, BUT it would pull the %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE% == x86 ... and that is were I get the cross error in the DP_Install_Tool.cmd being ran.

SO to correct the bit space run on a x64 OS install, I created 2 cmd's - 1 for the x86 pass and 1 for the amd64 pass in the XML file, the x86 has in it, this is the very first thing that gets lookd at - 'IF EXISTS %PROGRAMFILES(x86)% THEN EXIT' - so this way it is truly ran on the correct OS Arch x86 , now the amd64 pass runs the cmd runs but does not have the check if %PROGRAMFILES(x86) exists, so that will run in 64 bit space and the %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE% == amd64 when ran, so now I have this fixed more or less the correct way cause of the bit space run time for both arch's .. nifty I know LOL.

now that must sound a little better

OK, that makes a lot more sense now.  I know what's wrong, and I'll fix it.
Thanks for the report!

OK Thanks.

As soon as you can post an update we'll give it a test.

Cheers and Regards

Sorry, there was a typo in the previous post.  Rather than edit, I'll repost here:

Looking forward to testing the fix.

Cheers and Regards

Ok, I fixed my typo's in my last mediocre post about the use of the 2 cmd's the use of the IF EXIST etc...

I seen that I could fix the cmd myself, but I thought no I need to find out why the issue was happenin in the first place, hope he understands it and can do a fix that will not have the issue with bit space, then I think he will have a universal cmd for the SAD2 tool

----------------------

The 'DP_Install_Tool.cmd' is not the problem, just the extra ')' in the cmd was a legit issue tho  please make sure to pass that on, as I found out the nature of the error and it was a mind bogglin one too

Well that is wat you would think, but no ..

here is the layout I just ran into last night.

1 Dual arch AutoUnattend.xml with both amd64 and x86 architectures, ok now we are goin to get a little confusin maybe, just follow along

you have this 1 XML file dual arch, and you have in it to RunAsynchronous or RunSynchronous commands ..

having the exact same run for a cmd or .exe ( or ANYTHING at this point ) in each amd64 and x86 and install a x64 OS will run BOTH the amd64 and x86 components in the pass

So wat I was gettin was that, the amd64 section of the XML file was gettin ran first ( and was fine on the x64 OS ) then the x86 section was gettin ran right after the amd64, witch would throw the windows error up, witch is legit, but to the fact that I didnt even know that BOTH comopnents ( amd64 & x86 ) would get ran if install a x64 OS .. if this has made since, that is the gist of that, lets go on ..

Now for the x86 OS install, this is just plain simple, it ignores the amd64 sections of the XML file .. thats all there is too the x86 side, it runs just the x86 components listed in the XML file ..

So using a dual arch XML file ( you have to beeee very careful to wat ya have in BOTH amd64 and x86 sections of the components pass or you may end up flubbin a x64 install, the critical areas I see that are visible to this is the RunAsynchronous or RunSynchronous commands listed in amd64 and the x86 parts

Ok, 1 final notation is that: When usin the above setup of a XML file and RunAsynchronous or RunSynchronous commands, they will run in 1 of 2 bit spaces = if amd64 the execution is from the 64 bit space, IF it runs the x86 it is ran from 32 bit space, and thus in the DP install tool.cmd this is wat was ACTUALLY happenin, is that the amd64 RunAsynchronous was the correct run cause the line was executed on a x64 OS, witch the DP Install tool.cmd finished as intended. Now the x86 RunAsynchronous command runs right after the amd64 and it would be in task manager as running in 'DP_Install_Tool.cmd *' ( witch means 32 bit run on x64 OS ) ok, fine, BUT it would pull the %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE% == x86 ... and that is were I get the cross error in the DP_Install_Tool.cmd being ran.

SO to correct the bit space run on a x64 OS install, I created 2 cmd's - 1 for the x86 pass and 1 for the amd64 pass in the XML file, the x86 has in it, this is the very first thing that gets lookd at - 'IF EXIST "%HOMEDRIVE%\Program Files (x86)" GOTO EXIT' - the exit is at the bootom of the cmd so it doesnt hurt it to just simply exit out so this way it is truly ran on the correct OS Arch x86 , now the amd64 pass runs the cmd runs but does not have the check if "%HOMEDRIVE%\Program Files (x86)" exists, so that will run in 64 bit space and the %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE% == amd64 when ran, so now I have this fixed more or less the correct way cause of the bit space run time for both arch's .. nifty I know LOL.

now that must sound a little better

Updated 1st post with download link and changelog for v120520.
I still have the major rewrite on my to-do list.

I think your processor bit-ness test:

:PROCESSOR
:: Detect OS bit-ness on running system.  Assumes 32-bit unless 64-bit components exist.
SET "ARCH=32" & SET "DPLoc=%cur%\%OSbuild%\x86"
IF EXIST "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64" (SET "ARCH=64" & SET "DPLoc=%cur%\%OSbuild%\x64") ELSE (
  IF DEFINED PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432 (SET "ARCH=64" & SET "DPLoc=%cur%\%OSbuild%\x64")
)

could be slightly simplified with:

:: Detect OS bit-ness on running system.  Assumes 32-bit if 64-bit components do not exist.
SET "ARCH=64"
IF NOT EXIST "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\cmd.exe" IF NOT DEFINED PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432 SET "ARCH=32"
SET "DPLoc=%cur%\%OSbuild%\x%ARCH%"

I also incorporated checking for the existence of "SysWOW64\cmd.exe" instead of just "SysWOW64" as suggested by both vmanda and dumpydooby.

Cheers and Regards

bphlpt wrote:

I think your processor bit-ness test:

:: Detect OS bit-ness on running system.  Assumes 32-bit unless 64-bit components exist.
SET "ARCH=32" & SET "DPLoc=%cur%\%OSbuild%\x86"
IF EXIST "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64" (SET "ARCH=64" & SET "DPLoc=%cur%\%OSbuild%\x64") ELSE (
  IF DEFINED PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432 (SET "ARCH=64" & SET "DPLoc=%cur%\%OSbuild%\x64")
)

could be slightly simplified with:

:: Detect OS bit-ness on running system.  Assumes 32-bit if 64-bit components do not exist.
SET "ARCH=64"
IF NOT EXIST "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\cmd.exe" IF NOT DEFINED PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432 SET "ARCH=32"
SET "DPLoc=%cur%\%OSbuild%\x%ARCH%"

I also incorporated checking for the existence of "SysWOW64\cmd.exe" instead of just "SysWOW64" as suggested by both vmanda and dumpydooby.

Cheers and Regards

The only problem with that is on a 32 bit OS, %DPloc% would be set using \x%arch% which would be x32, not x86. wink
The folders would be broken.

But yes, I am still making significant improvements to this utility.  Hopefully I'll have something for this weekend.
I'm sooooo far behind on keeping the DriverPacks updated! sad

Oops.  :embarassed:  Sorry, That's what I get for not reading close enough.  I'm used to ARCH being set to x86/x64 in my code instead of 32/64.  I haven't looked totally through your script to see where else ARCH is used, but you might be able to use the same or similar definitions.  Worst case just change my last line to:

IF %ARCH%="32" SET "DPLoc=%cur%\%OSbuild%\x86" ELSE SET "DPLoc=%cur%\%OSbuild%\x64"

But I still believe my logic is more efficient. smile

Cheers and Regards

Could it be run from network ?
Is there a way to avoid full unzip by building a DB kinda like Driver Installer Assistant because it's a bit a nightmare on a pentium IV with the way it check all the drivers.
Would took 5 to 10 min to deploy a full image image from the network but here it takes 20 min to unzip and check before install 4 drivers (LAN, sound, video and chipset).

My goal is to deploy windows an image made with vmware (2go for XP, 5Go for Seven and 3Go for windows 8) and install drivers automatically.
I can't allow to update packs in the image and use 1 more Go for drivers to put them on local drive.

Thank you and sorry if i feel harsh.

Last edited by electropica (2012-09-18 01:14:20)

electropica wrote:

Could it be run from network ?

Yes.

electropica wrote:

Is there a way to avoid full unzip by building a DB kinda like Driver Installer Assistant because it's a bit a nightmare on a pentium IV with the way it check all the drivers.

Not when using "method 2".  You would want a "Method 1" disc where the NT5 drivers are unpacked and repackaged in .cab format so no decompression is needed.
NT6 drivers can simply be decompressed to the SAD2\NT6\x86\D\... folder (or x64).

This is all in the SAD2\readme.txt.

Doesn't work from USB key under windows XP.
I think it looks for the current directory then look for the local one, so it can't find the files. Something like this.

As you said, i should read the readme file... Sorry.

Here is my error when i run it from USB.

Released under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license
                   Administrateur please read below carefully.

Operating System Architecture Detected:
          Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit on x86 compatible CPU
           CPU: x86 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2, GenuineIntel

32-bit DriverPacks will be installed from
              E:\Drivers\Stand Alone Driverpack Utility (SAD2)\NT5\x86 using method: 2
               Native 7-zip command line application found? Y

IF this is NOT intended, exit the program now!
           Do you want to Keep The Drivers (KTD) after install?
       Answer Y/N  (Y- will keep all drivers unless deleted manually)
[Y,N]?y
KTD option has been enabled.

Extracting the DriverPacks 32-bit core files using native 7-Zip.
\NT5\x86\D était inattendu.

Last edited by electropica (2012-09-18 23:06:42)

It DOES work from a USB key because that's how I use it.

Please post a screen shot of the folder structure where you have the .7z DriverPacks located.
Also post the contents of the log file found at %SystemDrive%\DP_Install_Tool.log

No log on system drive.

http://bloody.spike.free.fr/fold.JPG

It's working after i renamed "Stand Alone Driverpack Utility (SAD2)" to "StandAloneDriverpackUtility_SAD2" on USB  and works fine from network.
So problem was folder name...

Can i extract the 7z files like it's said for methode 2 under NT6 or i must use DriverPacks Base to use methode 1 under NT5 ?

I used methode 1 with delete after install and I check devices and sound looks not well installed, there is sound but windows say pilotes are missing. There is no log too are they deleted with drivers temp directory or not write in silent ?

A reboot after install would be good.

Good work.

Last edited by electropica (2012-09-21 02:09:00)

I'll look into the "spaces" issue.
To convert a method2 to method1 NT6 utility, simply extract all the x86 .7z files to the StandAloneDriverpackUtility_SAD2\NT6\x86\D\ folder.  Same for x64.
The folder size will be HUGE though.  You've been warned. smile

It's fine, i have 1 To hard drive on the server and only 600Go is used ! :-p

Methode 2 still copy all the driver on local drive is this normal ?

electropica wrote:

Methode 2 still copy all the driver on local drive is this normal ?

Yes, of course.