Topic: how to? uninstall audio driver and let SAD2 install the correct one

EDIT : I'm still looking for an automated way to uninstall specific drivers.

But I found out SAD2 installed the realtek driver WITH the hdaudio driver win7 installed so all is well for that part of my request. smile

Hello DriverPacks.net users!

I'm using SAD2 at work to automatically install drivers on new windows 7 computers. It works pretty well so far but there is a problem.

Windows 7 automatically install its own audio drivers for a specific computer model (HP dc7700) and this driver throw out sound only if something is plugged in the audio connector (green hole).

I want SAD2 to install the correct driver but it doesn't do so (probably because win7 already installed an audio driver. Do you know of a way to fix this issue?

Either :
1) prevent win7 from installing the wrong driver
2) uninstall said driver automatically in a script
3) any other ideas?

thank you very much!

Last edited by volt26 (2011-11-22 09:11:23)

Re: how to? uninstall audio driver and let SAD2 install the correct one

If the existing driver is newer than the one in the Audio DriverPacks, then the existing driver will never be replaced during the SAD2 upgrade.
But is this a problem?  If the audio works, what benefit do you have by ripping out a functioning driver?

Just because a driver is newer, does not make it better.

To answer your question, follow these steps:
1) Open the device manager (type 'devmgmt.msc' at the Run box)
2) Double-click the device you want to remove.
3) Click the 'Driver' tab
4) Click the 'Uninstall' button
5) Agree to all the message boxes (Remove all files).
6) Restart.  Driver is gone.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

volt26 wrote:

EDIT : I'm still looking for an automated way to uninstall specific drivers.

But I found out SAD2 installed the realtek driver WITH the hdaudio driver win7 installed so all is well for that part of my request. smile

That makes little sense, Your problem is not really a problem at all... but you still want to know how to fix it?

If a driver contained in the packs is better than the existing driver then it will be replaced. That is how it works and that is how it should work.

Hint - If it ain't broke... Don't fix it.

volt26 wrote:

Hello DriverPacks.net users!

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

volt26 wrote:

I'm using SAD2 at work to automatically install drivers on new windows 7 computers. It works pretty well so far but there is a problem.
`
Windows 7 automatically install its own audio drivers for a specific computer model (HP dc7700) and this driver throw out sound only if something is plugged in the audio connector (green hole).

Don't all computers work this way? They only make sound if you plug in speakers? (other than the on board speaker used "Beep" for POST and the Keyboard "bell".)

volt26 wrote:

I want SAD2 to install the correct driver but it doesn't do so (probably because win7 already installed an audio driver. Do you know of a way to fix this issue?

Your edit above suggests that it does install the "updated" driver. (they are both correct or win7 would not allow them to install.)

volt26 wrote:

Either :
1) prevent win7 from installing the wrong driver
2) uninstall said driver automatically in a script
3) any other ideas?

thank you very much!

Have a great day!

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

well, the HP dc7700 has speakers inside the computer case. They do not work with the default drivers installed by win7.

i thought i would need to uninstall them to let SAD2 install its own drivers but I was wrong.

I am still looking for a way to uninstall specific drivers. This request has no link to the precedent problem. Should I create another topic? I seems to be confusing a lot of people sad

I have been here for many years and have never had occasion to need to automate uninstalling a driver.

Even if i were given a valid reason to do this, i would not ever consider doing so. If you absolutely have to uninstall a driver (say the drivers files were infected by a virus). then do so manually.

As a normal course of installing and updating drivers removing existing drivers is not necessary.

The answer to your question is "DEVCON", however i strongly recommend you do not automate driver removal.

And no if you create another post about this it will be deleted...
This is the DriverPacks support forum. We support the DriverPacks. that question is not DriverPacks related and therefore off topic.

General PC questions are best researched  (always use search first) at MSFN.org. If, and only if, you are unable to find the answer there then post your question.  There is a 99.999% chance your question has already been asked and answered a million times over there. (this project got started as one small topic over there about 9 years ago)

Perhaps what you intend or think you need to do is to remove the native driver from your windows 7 source? Again I don't recommend you remove it per say. What we would recommend you do is something that we do very often, that is to REPLACE (update) the native driver in your source with a newer (better) version. that is a reasonable thing to want to do big_smile. This WOULD be a valid topic of conversation here big_smile. The tool to do that is DISM

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Microsoft released their new replacement for WAIK.  This contains updated versions of DISM and other tools required for servicing Server 2012 and Windows 8 images and is backward compatible with Windows 7 (and Vista to a certain extent).

We are the leading the world in providing best http://test-king.com/ dumps  prep solutions. Our incredible offers for and gedare accessible at reasonable prices; our Florida National University is very rare in IT world.