new: User accounts unattended setup 
new: Merge Cabinets option 
new: Burning ISO on CD/DVD 
new: Remove duplicate files option 
new: Unattended nLite processing with switches 
new: Prompt repair Unattended mode 
update: Moved Patches to the Options page, Services to Tweaks 
update: Windows 2003 (x86 and x64) SP2 beta compatibility 
update: Internet Explorer 7 RC1 and KB921398, KB914798, KB840374, KB897338... integration 
update: Services config, only changed states applied, added new ones 
fix: Textmode 64bit driver integration (VIA RAID, NVRAID, Intel Promise RAID...) 
fix: Driver integration in multiple sessions (was missing files sometimes) 
components 
new: Extensible Storage Engine (Esent97) 
new: Visual Basic Scripting support 
new: Comtrol Test Terminal Program 
new: Format drive support (separated from Floppy support) 
new: Serial Pen Tablet 
new: IBM PS/2 TrackPoint 
new: ALI 1535 SMBus Host Controller 
new: CPU Intel, AMD, Crusoe 
new: Blaster/Nachi removal tool 
new: Cluster service (win2k3) 
new: Terminal Server Licensing (win2k3) 
new: POP3 Service (win2k3) 
new: AGP filters 
new: AMD IDE Controller (Win2k3+) 
new: File and Print Services for Macintosh (Win2k3) 
update: Ethernet drivers 
update: Jet Database Engine 
update: Terminal Services for Win2k3 
update: Wireless Service for Win2k3 
update: BITS, now removes Win2k3 BITS Server Extensions 
fix: Help (while installing printer missing help files)

So far, running fine for me.
I like the changes plus additional features.

So, that means I'm currently betatesting two apps.
If that's going to do well... wink

Re: nLite 1.2 beta released

@Helmi: Aber die Driverpacks werden immer noch nicht unterstützt... was mich doch sehr ärgert.
@Bashrat: Have you ever contacted Nuhi for Support of the Driverpacks in nLite?

I've implemented a new feature in AutoImage where you can specify a saved nLite .ini file to use and using nLite's new unattended option the whole thing will run automatically now.  Finally, I can have AutoImage go from start to finish without having to do anything at all.

@McStarfighter: Yes. nuhi however wanted me to export the DriverPacks in a state in which it would be supported by nLite, which is quite alot of work.

But it's doable now, thanks to the new DriverPacks BASE. It won't be implemented any time soon though. Other priorities first. I think it's easy enough already. Plus there are several BIG disadvantages: how could you remove the slipstreamed DriverPacks? How would you be able to define the settings for KTD, for the ATI CCC/CCP, which DriverPacks to slipstream? Plus nuhi doesn't want to add any configuration options to nLite, so the whole thing would not only be a pain in the ass to configure, but also result in a huge flood of noobie questions for me. Thanks but no thanks, for now.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Good to know it...

sad nuhi don't want to fusion with you. Integrating the DP's with nLite, too... it would just be perfect!

working with 1.2beta here, too. Works fine, looks nice and the new functions are very nice.

Theme integration doesn't work sooo fine so far, but i know nuhi is working on a solution for it now.

One funny thing is the integrated Burning support, i think.

Although it's very usefull (don't have to start nero and don't have to make an image), i can remember how everybody made jokes about a burning integration ("integrated burning? then we need an irc-client and a fridge integrated, too!").

lieblingsbesuch wrote:

One funny thing is the integrated Burning support, i think.

Although it's very usefull (don't have to start nero and don't have to make an image), i can remember how everybody made jokes about a burning integration ("integrated burning? then we need an irc-client and a fridge integrated, too!").

Heh, yeah smile

I'm still using Nero, though, since using that short leadout setting I am able to squeeze an additional 15MB on the CD which nLite is unable to achive.
Also, it does not support overburning (generally not needed but you never know...), so it's really just for those folks that want a quick burn instead an ISO file.
For me, it's rather useless since it does not offer enough "pro" settings.

I'd rather see ISO creation in the BASE, though big_smile

hmm, ich glaub nlite macht des ueberbrennen automatisch, gibt halt nur keinen fragedialog...

ich weiß helmi, du arbeitest immer noch mit cds, aber wenn du erstmal auf das neue medium dvd umsteigst, dann wirst du wohl auch die nlite-brennfunktion nutzen tongue

Since Bâsh hates to see us talking in anything but English I will be so kind to continue this way...

Anyway, the overburn did not work, or my drive didn't like it (I ususally use the notebook to burn which does support it), at least the CD was toast (or had been had I not used an RW wink).

I will adapt to DVDs soon enough (I am capable of burning and also have the media stocked!), but not until all CD drives have been replaced wink
Anyway, I am planning to create an Application DVD for unattended install, I'm just not too sure whether WPI will do what I want (need to check out first).
If I can manage to fit Win+Apps on a single DVD, I will use that, else it's going to be Win on CD and Apps on DVD (most likely, seeing as it should be quite some stuff...)

Ach, Deutsch ist doch auch eine schöne Sprache big_smile

I was interpreted the wrong way. nuhi did contact me to get DriverPacks support in nLite. But he did want want me to export them in an nLite-compatible format (much like RyanVM's UpdatePack). But as you all know, there's more to configure in the DriverPacks than in the UpdatePacks... Plus the UpdatePacks don't have to be transformed into an nLite compatible format, their nature lends them very well to be nLite-compatible. This unfortunately doesn't apply to the DriverPacks. That's why it's not for soon.

@McStarfighter: Perhaps, but it's too difficult tongue I've only had German one year, one hour a week, so my knowledge is very limited. Aber ich glaube dich wink (If even that short sentence is correct...)
The reason that I want everything in English is that it makes everything accessible for everybody. You cannot deny that English is the defacto internet language... so let's just stick to that smile

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Yes, I understand... big_smile

McStarfighter wrote:

Ach, Deutsch ist doch auch eine schöne Sprache big_smile

Sicherlich, ist ja auch meine Muttersprache! wink

Ich hätte auch nichts dagegen, wenn alle Deutsch sprechen würden, aber da das nicht der Fall ist... sad

Tja, das Beste ist wohl, daß wir damit leben und Englisch anwenden big_smile

And so there is 1.2 RC now:

http://nliteos.com/download.html

v1.2 RC
fix: Verify burned files 
fix: Desktop Theme integration when only one .theme file integrated 
fix: Desktop Theme import 'InvalidArgument' error 
fix: Cluster service removal was breaking Windows 2003 Enterprise edition 
fix: Windows 2000 command prompt tweak title 
fix: Proper burner selection with multiple drives