Topic: [INACTIVE] Found New hardware wizard

Upon first boot, I get a found new harware wizard.... cdrom drive.  I have used same installation on many machines and always get the same thing.  Its no big deal, but its annoying because it happens durring app install via runonceex.  Any suggestions how to fix this?  I AM NOT INSTALLING AL120 OR DAEMON TOOLS.  Found new hardware wizard just appears out of the blue.

Re: [INACTIVE] Found New hardware wizard

You may want to slipstream KB883667 to fix that issue! I used to do this automatically, but it was not doable to support ALL languages, so I removed it.

You could also just slipstream RyanVM's UpdatePacks if you're using an English Windows XP.

EDIT: I had not noticed you said "CD-ROM drive". In that case: did you use nLite? Or did you manually strip your Windows XP down?

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

i used nlite, and ryanvm update pack.... and i only removed a few components.....
nlite removed components:
;# Applications #
Internet Games
Pinball
Screensavers
;# Multimedia #
Media Center
Movie Maker
Music Samples
Speech Support
;# Network #
MSN Explorer
;# Operating System Options #
Desktop Cleanup Wizard
Disk Cleanup
DR Watson
Help
Out of Box Experience (OOBE)
Search Assistant
Security Center
Service Pack Messages
Tour
User Account Pictures
;# Services #
Alerter
Beep Driver
Error Reporting
Indexing Service
Messenger
Remote Registry
Removable Storage
System Restore
Telnet Server

I did use nlite to intigrate RVM post sp2 pack, along with a few other addons.

furthermore, I dont het this when installing in vmware, so i am making dvd coasters in order to fix this problem.

Last edited by ebin25 (2006-09-25 06:19:04)

hi

there is no sense in making coasters. Can you not use DVDRW or CDRW instead?

I see you remove removable devices. I have not done that yet, but my guess is that this causes this issue you have.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

ebin25 wrote:

Upon first boot, I get a found new harware wizard.... cdrom drive.  I have used same installation on many machines and always get the same thing.  Its no big deal, but its annoying because it happens durring app install via runonceex.  Any suggestions how to fix this?  I AM NOT INSTALLING AL120 OR DAEMON TOOLS.  Found new hardware wizard just appears out of the blue.

Ive seen this on more computers , even on my own

well... it defeats the purpose of pushing the install over a network.  If i have to manually run around to 50 machines and hit ok, restart later..... I may as well manually install all the apps.  there must be a solution.

jtdoom wrote:

hi

there is no sense in making coasters. Can you not use DVDRW or CDRW instead?

I see you remove removable devices. I have not done that yet, but my guess is that this causes this issue you have.

That might be the cause indeed. Try enabling that again, ebin25.

To rule out that it's not nLite but that it IS the DriverPack Sound B, please do a test with an unaltered Windows XP: slipstream ONLY the DriverPacks and do a test installation with it and then post the results.

I dont use NLITE and still have that problem.
The problem was always there , even with the old packs.

i will buy some RWs tomorrow. my machine is set up so all my saved files and "My Documents" folder is on another hard drive..... so clean installing is no problem for me.  I assumed the problem was Nlite, but after muiz3's statement I am not so sure. I will get back to you after tomorrows tests.

Did it work out?