Topic: New possible duplicates in MassStorage 11.04

Between "\D\M\SC" and "\D\M\SC5" with exception that "\D\M\SC" has support for more HW.
Between "\D\M\H4" and "\D\M\H4K" with exception that "\D\M\H4K" has support for more HW.
Between "\D\M\N4" and "\D\M\Nt" with two exception:
                "\D\M\Nt\NVATABUSTM.inf" has support for more HW than "D\M\N4\NVATA4.inf"
                "\D\M\N4\NVRAID4.inf" installs some sort of "Crash Logging" feature that is not available in "\D\M\Nt\NVRAIDTM.inf"

Re: New possible duplicates in MassStorage 11.04

I am sure they are not duplicated... the different drivers support unique hardware that require the different drivers (they are not interchangeable) sometimes the newer driver will not work with an older version of the controllers firmware. so old driver old firmware, new driver new firmware. Same HWID for both firmware versions, yet the drivers are neither duplicated nor interchageable.

if you doubt this then open the mass storage INI file and find a duplicate HWID in there... as long as no HWID is duplicated in text-mode setup there is no conflict or dupllication.(the driver database is generated by BASE from DriverPack_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32.ini) The "duplicates" are intentional because they are not actually duplicates... they are different, don't believe me then do an md5 check sum on them big_smile. Then check their signing. Then check their Date stamps. Then read all the posts in this forum over the last couple years about conflicts and certain hardware that does not work with certain drivers.

Just becuase a driver contains a particular generic HWID does not mean it will work with any controller that matches with that generic HWID.

I wish it were that simple... 

If a driver is in there it is in there for a VERY good reason... we have been working on that pack for almost 8 years... I think we have it down pat by now... but thanks for showing up on your first day and thinking you know more than us big_smile.

if you are having a specific issue feel free to report it.. Include your DPs_BASE.log and your HWIDs from the machine. Include your OS type and version (IE: XP SP3 Pro), Since you have not posted any specific issues i assume it is working correctly for you?

Or were you concerned about space and you were hoping to carve a massive 50k or so out of the mass storage pack?

Have a nice day big_smile

Just because something does not work the way you think it should, does NOT necessarily mean it is incorrect.

the mass storage pack is Extremely complicated... if you have several months to a year i can get you started understanding it.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Re: New possible duplicates in MassStorage 11.04

Here's the differences between:
"\D\M\SC" and "\D\M\SC5" (support for different card bios revisions) Must remain separate.
"\D\M\H4" and "\D\M\H4K" (different driver .inf files for XP or Win2K) Must remain separate.
"\D\M\N4" and "\D\M\Nt"  (totally identical. only .inf files are different.)  I'll work on merging these folders...

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!