Re: Since moving to BitTorrent and new DL site, DP_BASE crashes

Guys, I'm still up to my eyeballs in work at the moment and haven't been able to get to the office yet, but can confirm it's working very nicely here in a hotel in Oxford, with unfiltered internet access. I have checked the McAfee logs on my local machine and nothing has tripped the policy so it's not there.

Sorry for the bump, but this'll remind me to check it when I get back to the office.

tstaddon wrote:

Guys, I'm still up to my eyeballs in work at the moment and haven't been able to get to the office yet, but can confirm it's working very nicely here in a hotel in Oxford, with unfiltered internet access. I have checked the McAfee logs on my local machine and nothing has tripped the policy so it's not there.

Sorry for the bump, but this'll remind me to check it when I get back to the office.

You mean the BitTorrent downloads, or DriverPacks BASE's update checker? smile

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Really, really nice to see your posts B.T.S.!  I miss them a lot!

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Wim Leers wrote:

Those torrent feeds are a good idea (FWIW, "torrent feeds" are being standardized *right now*), and I've considered them myself, too.

But then we face the problem of insufficient page views and therefore ad views once again. We *need* those ad views (and clicks of course) to be able to sustain the costs. So while I'd *love* to offer torrent feeds, I can't, because we really need that ad revenue.

Unless we only provide personalized torrent feeds for paying/donating users. I can't think of another way to provide that service level that also generates *some* income.

Can the Base Software be linked to the web page and in the software display the ads just link windows live messenger does? it shows web ads when you have the app open or force the app to open a web page and have the users view ads befre it downloads link tv shows online do.

The testing team version of BASE does something like that...  it opens IE to display the page.

embeding the page in BASE is also a good idea.

Great minds think alike big_smile

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.