Topic: Disintegrate

Hi,

I have some XP Installations with integrated DriverPacks. Now I want to delete the Graphics and Sound Drivers. So far, I have deleted the appropriate folders in windows\driverpacks and corrected the Reg-Key in HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Setup/Devicepath, i.e. deleted the related entries.

Is that sufficient or is there anything else I have to do? I mean, are the "orphaned" inf-/pnf-Files in Windows\inf bad for later regular driver installations?

Thanks.

PS: Integrated with Method 2, KTD for all.

Last edited by Carbone (2011-05-31 03:34:16)

Re: Disintegrate

That's all.  We never recommend KTD, it causes problems.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

mr_smartepants wrote:

That's all.  We never recommend KTD, it causes problems.

Thank you. But now I am scared. Do you have some examples what could happen? For the record, I do not use Graphics and Sound drivers.

No specific examples.  KTD is not recommended because of the increased file size bloat and the extra registry entries required.  It's ONLY beneficial for those users who swap hardware nearly every day (testers).

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Newer versions of BASE don't add PNF's (version 10.x) if you used an older version then there may be PNF's ... however this will not create much of an issue unless you are adding hardware to the machine in queston. If so it will simply ask you where to find the driver files, since they will be missing...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

mr_smartepants wrote:

KTD is not recommended because of the increased file size bloat and the extra registry entries required.  It's ONLY beneficial for those users who swap hardware nearly every day (testers).

Ah, ok. Only non-productive systems.

OverFlow wrote:

Newer versions of BASE don't add PNF's (version 10.x) if you used an older version then there may be PNF's ... however this will not create much of an issue unless you are adding hardware to the machine in queston. If so it will simply ask you where to find the driver files, since they will be missing...

Great, that's what I was wondering.
However, I used Base 10.06, but maybe I misunderstood what was going on in the inf-folder. Inf-files were created (new timestamp), pnf-files just appeared (old timestamps).

BTW, I want to take the chance and thank all of you for this incredible great project and your never ending efforts. It's amazing!

The easiest/safest/most direct path to what you want is to completely re-do your integration.

From scratch.

Manually editing a previously integrated XP disc rarely (if ever) works.

I can't recall a single instance of a user being successful.

newsposter wrote:

Manually editing a previously integrated XP disc rarely (if ever) works.

It's not about an integrated disk, but an integrated installation.

However, since KTD is supposed to be for testing only, I won't use this anymore.