Topic: Driverpacks Slipstream breaks XP home install

So I've had a recent issue when trying to set up an automated XP Home. I use a winnt.sif automation tool, slipstream the updates using ryanVM, then run the driverpacks slipstream tool (method 2 with KTD). Now, for the XP Pro CD, this works just fine. For the XP Home CD, it causes the user account creation to fail. Here's a picture of it on first boot.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Frur2ych5Nc/TP3SBXhDylI/AAAAAAAAABI/epaQiPChBrg/s640/IMG_0110.JPG

It can be fixed by going into safe mode-->administrator and creating an account, but I sure as h*ll don't want to do that every time. the XP home install works just fine with the updates and the unattended config. It's only when I try using the driverpacks, and only on the Home edition (like I said, same method works fine on Pro) that this happens. Anybody know why?

EDIT: Another couple of things, if I install *only* the mass storage drivers (for the text mode sequence) the home will still work. Also, if I do the full driverpacks install and then install it on a virtual machine, it works. It's only when doing a CD/DVD/USB install on another computer with a full driverpacks install that this issue happens. The disc I'm modifying is an RTM XP home SP3 CD. The driverpacks base program reports no errors when doing the actual slipstream. The user account never gets created in the first place (no account entry or folders created) so it's not just hiding the account. I've tested this on multiple systems.

Last edited by Venerence (2010-12-22 15:45:36)

Re: Driverpacks Slipstream breaks XP home install

Well that's very odd considering DriverPacks BASE only adds 3 lines to the winnt.sif and they don't affect account creation.  You didn't mention, so I can only assume you're doing a full install, not an upgrade (the winnt.sif entries break the win32 upgrade process).
Verify that the below entry exists in the winnt.sif after DriverPacks integration.

[UserData]
ComputerName=*
FullName="Whatever"

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

I'll have to remake it, but I'll have a full copy of the winnt file for you this afternoon (australia time ^_^). I do remember checking the winnt file earlier and finding it ok however. Something I haven't considered is that it isn't a proper RTM copy of xp home sp3 (maybe a slipstreamed one or something). if you could post the hashsum of it, that would be useful, otherwise I'll try finding a different XP home source and trying the same process (thanks to our good friends at bittorrent).

Last edited by Venerence (2010-12-23 09:21:27)

Never use a copy downloaded from the net. You have no idea what you are going to get. Mostly / usually a headache.

Only use an Original Hologramed disc as your source. (no hash required)

Warez and Pirating are not supported... Go Legit or go home.

Closed.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.