Topic: New site live!

Finally the time has come! The new web site went live today!

Thanks to coordination with Overflow, the transition went flawlessly. You'll notice that DriverPacks BASE 8.12.5 has been released. This new version can automatically update the DriverPacks from their new locations. Automatic updating in 8.12.4 will no longer work.

So … what's new?

The highlights:
- No more mind-killing clicking through pages to get to the download page! Clear and intuitive navigation instead.
- A clear explanation of what the DriverPacks are on the main site. This makes it easier for new users to grasp what this project is about.
- A no-nonsense design. Focus on the content. It won't win beauty contests, but it lets us focus on what we do best: produce valuable content!
- MD5 hashes are now also displayed.
- It's now possible for us to add new DriverPacks very easily. Making 3rd party DriverPacks into official ones is no longer an issue. And you can expect the Vista DriverPacks to become available through the main site very soon now smile
- Access to all DriverPacks releases! You can browse them hierarchically: OS > Version > Architecture > DriverPack. (All DriverPacks release data has been migrated, which was quite a feat.)
- At each of the levels in the hierarchy mentioned above, you can get an RSS feed of the latest DriverPacks at that level!
- It already supports the importing of all driver meta data (HWIDs and driver versions of each driver in the DriverPack). The software to collect that data is almost ready and will then be included with future DriverPack releases. This will make it possible to create a tool that checks the HWIDs on a pc, connects to DriverPacks.net to ask which DriverPacks are necessary, and then downloads those DriverPacks. Yes, this effectively is the long-expected driver database!

Hope you like it!

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Re: New site live!

The site is easier to nav thanks. The new base checksum doesn't match for me I downloaded it twice and no match

Site looks great Wim! I'm soo happy we're getting an Online db so people can stop asking "does driverpacks support XX\YY driver?"

Certainly looks different.  It's a lot better than the static linking from the past.
Can't wait to see the driver database in action.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

i have to adjust the output of the phphelp tool so it can be used to populate the database...

Ill update the tool tommorow, if i don't get tied up, so we can start populating that info wink

on the up side i already have teh program just need to tweak the output a little big_smile

i might have done it today but i had to make a quick release of BASE to support the new site... wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Got a good MD5 check now ;Thanks

So are we going to get a new Forums infrastructure too? wink

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Not very soon. Migrating the forum is *a lot* of work. And keeping all URLs operational (setting up the necessary redirects) is very complex.

I think it's smarter to focus on expanding the main site's capabilities first. I.e. allow application developers to access all the information we store (think along the lines of a much more sophisticated version of the DriverPacks BASE for Windows 7), adding tutorials and so on. The tutorial Overflow wrote (and you contributed too IIRC) is not lost by the way, I can still access it. That'll be the next big thing, but it'll have to wait until July, i.e. until after my exams.

WOW does that look nice, a lot of hard work went into that. Thanks for the countless hours you spent on it and everyone else who worked on it.

CONGRATZ !

Finally euh ;-) ...

Keep up the good work all ... 2009 might have another donation in place now that my previous one has been put to good use with the new site smile.

r.

BigBrit wrote:

WOW does that look nice, a lot of hard work went into that. Thanks for the countless hours you spent on it and everyone else who worked on it.

Thanks smile

dnoiz wrote:

CONGRATZ !

Finally euh ;-) ...

Keep up the good work all ... 2009 might have another donation in place now that my previous one has been put to good use with the new site smile.

Thanks and … heh tongue I completely understand your concern. I wish I'd have had more time the past few years, but either I needed to make money by working (and hence no time for DriverPacks) or I needed to study for university.
You can expect more features to be rolled out over the summer — I've reserved a lot of time for the DriverPacks smile

New design looks fantastic! Keep up the good work.

Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.