Topic: Acronis Universal Restore

I attempted 3 times to Restore a vista backup onto hp pavilion dv5 1155 eo laptop. All attempts failed

I used the latest mass storage drivers pack for vista x86 for including the Hal drivers.

the backup loads with an error saying it cant find a certain driver.

I click ignore and it succeeds with the restore. When I restart the laptop it blue screens.

PS. This image was verified with acronis
and worked perfectly on 4 computers within a few months. (last week was most recent)

I have also extracted the zip to a folder and specified that folder in acronis for the mass storage drivers.

I have downloaded it twice onto a external flash drive and on a external hard drive used for the backup and the mass storage drivers location.

I have specified all 3 locations of the mass storage drivers.

I am using Acronis backup recovery 10 with universal restore.

Last edited by bigbutt100 (2010-09-10 04:24:41)

Re: Acronis Universal Restore

Have you  use the drivers from  manufacturing ?

and chipsets pack.

What do you mean? From their website or from driverpacks.net? The chipset pack is a good idea to add to the process but do chipset packs supply the hal driver?

I thought the hal was included in the mass storage drivers and then the controller drivers for the hard drive bus would be included into the chipset packs. No?

Yea manufacturing was my next choice but I ended up just using the dvd for a manual install.

Im not sure how the disk can find the correct drivers but acronis can't find them from the disk.

Last edited by bigbutt100 (2010-09-22 12:37:46)

HDD controller drivers are the Mass Storage pack...

most likely the blue screen is due to a failure to include the proper mass storage driver

chipset is different ... (and a good idea)

HAL is built into the OS and not part of a driverpack...
IE single processor or multiprocessor support is built in to vista, not an add on.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Hi,

I have had this a lot of times even with the manufacturers drivers, all i do is when acronis says it cant find the driver and gives you the 4 digit device id, i just type it in on www.pcidatabase.com and they usually have a download link on there, if they dont it will atleast tell you exactly what you need to look for and can then usually be found with google in a couple of minutes.

I do this all the time with success.