Topic: Problems with textmode drivers insertion of vers. 10.11

Hello.

This is just for your information and there´s no workaround necessary for me.

I use nlite to individulalize XP Pro. Inserting the textmode drivers always worked fine.

Since version 10.11 of the mass storage drivers I´ve got some trouble: Windows crashes sometimes just before the whole process is completed.

When the whole process has been comleted without errors setup tells me "amdbusdr.sys" can´t be found during the initial start (while loading F6 drivers).
It occurs anly when I´m inserting textmode drivers. I checked the result after insertion and I didn´t see any of the textmode drivers under I386 I´ve expected.
It seems copying into I386 folder didn´t work for some reasons. All *.sif file entrys where correct. Copying all needed files manually could probably fix it. But I didn´t try it because of the big amount of files to check.

I took version 10.10 and everything´s fine again. No problems with text mode.

Greetings
smile

Re: Problems with textmode drivers insertion of vers. 10.11

I'm confused.
So do you insert drivers using nlite or DriverPacks BASE (or worse, both)?
I don't get that error during txtmode, but I don't have an AMD chipset either.  All AMD users reported no problems during testing all month.
That file only exists in D\M\AM\ and nowhere else.  That folder hasn't had any updates for a while and there are zero differences between 10.10 and 10.11 for that folder.
Confirm the MD5 hashes of each pack also.
What are your HWIDs and please explain in more detail how you build your source, specifically driver usage?

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Hi.

Thank you for your reply. I didn´t want to confuse anyone. Maybe it´s an individual konfiguration problem.
You wrote nobody has reported any problem like this. A important hint for me. Therefore I downloaded DP Base and all packages again and deleted QSC and the other folders.
I ran the whole process again with the older mass storage version and after that again with the current version.

And what should I tell you? It works now. I swear I´ve tried it before about ten times with different options etc. Nothing. I´ve got no really explanation. Because this is not the first time that I built up DP´s folders new.

I use nlite only to keep my setup dvd as up to date as possible (i.e. by inserting serebys update packs etc.). I don´t use nlite to insert drivers. DP is the best choice for that job in my opinion.

If you still like to know...
I always do these steps:
in nlite
- slipstreaming actual updates and runtimes
- setting options for fully unattended installation
after nlite
- inserting actual drivers through DP (mass storage, lan, wlan, textmode - method 1)
- inserting custom setup screen
with nlite again
- building complete image
finally
- testing in a virtual machine

It seems this problem wasn´t caused by a specific driver. Amdbusdr.sys was just the first missed one. When I removed every entry of that driver setup was missing the next one and so on.
I don´t know why, but during the textmode preparation where no drivers copied to i386 under vers. 10.11. When I took 10.10, I´ve found the drivers there and setup wasn´t missing anything.

But now is everything fine again.

Thanks for your support.
Regards
smile

Why are you useing M1? is there a particular reason? if not M2 is a better option

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.