Topic: [IMPLEMENTED] UpdateChecker: Refresh button should also rescan the DriverPacks

I've noticed that if the DriverPacks BASE is open to the update checker page, and your remove the old outdated driverpacks and replace them with the new driverpacks and click refresh, it doesn't re-detect the packs and just displays the old packs. On the other hand, if i close the base after downloading the updated packs, then re-open it... it will find the new packs under the Update checker.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Re: [IMPLEMENTED] UpdateChecker: Refresh button should also rescan the DriverPacks

yes, the refresh option doesn't seem to double-check the version numbers until you close and restart the base program.

Not that big of a hassle, but probably just an annoying bug

Re: [IMPLEMENTED] UpdateChecker: Refresh button should also rescan the DriverPacks

I wasn't saying it was critical, just annoying... and wanted it to be known wink

Yep that's by design. It's not built to re-detect the DriverPacks. It's juist built to detect the DriverPacks at startup... But I'll change that in one of the next versions.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

This was already reported wink

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

Yep that's by design. It's not built to re-detect the DriverPacks. It's juist built to detect the DriverPacks at startup... But I'll change that in one of the next versions.

I guess I dont understand why there would be a "refresh" button in the current build, if it wasn't going to try to detect new files... only on startup. But thanks for trying to update that in a future build smile

muiz3 wrote:

This was already reported wink

Sry for the double post then... I was un-aware this had be reported previously.

Last edited by twig123 (2006-09-03 05:12:59)

twig123 wrote:

I guess I dont understand why there would be a "refresh" button in the current build, if it wasn't going to try to detect new files... only on startup. But thanks for trying to update that in a future build smile

It's there to refresh to check whether new DriverPacks have been released in the meantime.

I guess you'd have to have BASE running for some time to ever have this occuring.

Then again, Bâshrat the Sneaky can be pretty fast releasing a new pack so it might have its use wink

In line with the above [and i didnt think it needed its own thread lol sorry if I'm wrong]...

Can I ask whether you can add a way of putting in a http proxy in the settings, as my setup here at work is behind a proxy [no - i cannot bypass it] so I get a enjoyable long pause if i accidentally go to the UpdateChecker section of the program.

Sorry if this already exists, but i cant find it hehe wink

Cheers
Nath

Nathan H. - Server & Development Officer @ CCC [Gov]
Webserver Host & site designer
Freelance MS SB OEM
...and general dogsbody wink

tarquel wrote:

In line with the above [and i didnt think it needed its own thread lol sorry if I'm wrong]...

Can I ask whether you can add a way of putting in a http proxy in the settings, as my setup here at work is behind a proxy [no - i cannot bypass it] so I get a enjoyable long pause if i accidentally go to the UpdateChecker section of the program.

Sorry if this already exists, but i cant find it hehe wink

Cheers
Nath

Somebody already requested it, it's planned to be added in one of the next versions wink

Ahhh... thought someone might have beaten me to that one wink

Nath.

Nathan H. - Server & Development Officer @ CCC [Gov]
Webserver Host & site designer
Freelance MS SB OEM
...and general dogsbody wink

...can't it just be scripted to use IE settings for the proxy?

twig123 wrote:

Yeah, that should be the preferred method (for any program actually) IMO.

Helmi wrote:
twig123 wrote:

Yeah, that should be the preferred method (for any program actually) IMO.

Indeed. That was the way I was going to implement it, actually.

Implemented in 6.09.