Topic: [Tool] DBS - Drivers BackUp Solution v 3.9.21 Stable Beta

Drivers BackUp Solution v 3.9.21 Stable Beta

http://www.adia-project.net/ProjectDBS/Image/EN/mainen_3.3.1.JPG
Home Page of Project / Official Forum of Project

My Friends is pleased to present you another one of my new FreeWare-project Drivers BackUp Solution

This program is designed to create backup copies of device drivers. The program also finds the drivers for the non-living "units." The program can create 7z-archives, which can later be used as the driver packages in the program Drivers Installer Assistant.
Drivers BackUp Solution is comparable in functionality and results of their work programs such as Double Driver, Driver Magician Lite, and many other existing programs for backing up drivers.

One which the program does not (and probably will not), so it is restoring the drivers from the backup, but with that you yourself know very well cope Drivers Installer Assistant.
It is possible that the functional of the program later will be part of Drivers Installer Assistant.

Main features:
• Information about all the drivers installed on your system (for active and inactive devices)
• Selection of information to the filter
• Create a backup driver (Structured directory or 7z-archive using the console archiver 7-zip)
• The check program updates
• Support multi-language interface
• Support all Windows, from Windows NT 2000 SP4
• Debug mode with a record of information in the log file
• Built-in error handler
• Register missing components for the normal functioning of the program (MSFLXGRD.OCX, RICHTX32.OCX, vbscript.dll)

Programm is written on VB6, so you can will be necessary some libraries. For installing the libraries you can download and install VB runtimes. Main libraries are enclosed in in body of the program.

At error program will offer to create the log. Send on mail at finding such.
Also advisable at error to enable debugging mode in adjustment and created log also to attach to letter

Full History

Download links:
Full Version 3.9.21
Link
Mirror

MD5: dbf60ad676f7a453ac2a17f55e6c6d0e
VirusTotal.com report

Last edited by Romeo91 (2012-09-21 21:28:13)

It's not as bad as it seems, but not as good as it could be
My Site My Forum Donate Project

Re: [Tool] DBS - Drivers BackUp Solution v 3.9.21 Stable Beta

Romeo91 I posted my log and drivers over on MSFN, but we can use this forum if you prefer

Last edited by ricktendo64 (2010-11-17 02:59:59)

ricktendo64, yes there is a bug in the program. Error on the 64-bit version of windows. Ill-defined system folder windows. The next version will correct ...

Try this version (only exe w/o error-handler)

Last edited by Romeo91 (2010-11-18 00:54:12)

---------------------------
prjDriversBackuper
Run-time error '76':

Path not found
OK   

ricktendo64, i can see debug.log at the time of the error?

Failed to copy all drivers

http://letitbit.net/download/84402.8b3e … g.txt.html

ricktendo64, link is bad. I try to download it over 30times .Please post log as attach on MSFN

ricktendo64, Please try this version

Same thing, all failed http://www.mediafire.com/?1sj8epiz10tv8mq

The log looks all ok.
then I'd like to see get a structure backup, along with the inf-files

I added more debugging information in the new version. Try it and send me the log please
new version

Last edited by Romeo91 (2010-11-23 23:00:46)

Drivers Backup Solution 1.11.22 @Romeo91 (www.adia-project.net)
Copying file has failed!

To:C:\Users\Ricardo\Downloads\DriversBackUpSolution_FULL_v1.11.12\drivers\vista_7\x64\DP_RICKS-LAPTOP_wnt6_x64_11/23/2010\USB\Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 283A\oem16.inf
OK   

That is the same error I get with all 36 drivers, then it says completed successfully, here is debuglog http://www.mediafire.com/?nbqkn8a1r10ey1r

I think the problem is localized
DP_RICKS-LAPTOP_wnt6_x64_11/23/2010
When I get a date, I forgot to replace the invalid characters for the name of the directory in your case is "/"
new version

A little better, but still missing allot of driver's files

http://www.mediafire.com/?0yi5xdf87j64yyr

detected an error. Was she in that Windows I always redirects to the folder syswow64 when referring to system32.
I had to play with the API-functions for solving such problems.
new test version

Thank you for your patience ...

Lots better, some files are still not getting copied

Also some drivers are missing a cat, because they does not use CatalogFile they use CatalogFile.ntx86/.ntamd64

CatalogFile.ntx86 = sfepx86.cat
CatalogFile.ntamd64 = sfepx64.cat

Modem driver is missing the following file

%ProgramFiles%\CONEXANT\CNXT_MODEM_HDA_HSF\UIU64m.exe

There are two program files folders on x64 machines, here are the DIRID numbers for X64 specific INF files just in case you need them

16422 = %ProgramFiles%
16426 = %ProgramFiles(x86)%
16427 = %CommonProgramFiles%
16428 = %CommonProgramFiles(x86)%

TV driver did not copy the files to sub folders named

Driver85
Driver85\64bit

NVIDIA driver did not copy NvCplSetupInt.exe, you will find this in the 01 dir which means the same driver that contains the INF (driverstore folder)

Here is the driver backuper backup

http://www.mediafire.com/?k5twqm6k8ct85i5

Here is my personal driverpack with all the drivers I integrate (for comparison purposes)

http://www.mediafire.com/?6t18owzi4g8493d

Heres a suggestion, if on Windows 7 have your tool find out the correct name of oem#.inf and then all you would need to do is go to the DriverStore folder and copy the entire forlder (and delete the pnf). This is best because Windows is smarter, it even copies the CoInstaller files even if they are not mentioned in the SourceDisksFiles section

BTW check out this driver backup tool, it searches the entire hdd until it finds the file (but it does not work on x64) also check out how it renames the INF with the same name as the CAT file

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/83960-u … ver-backup

Renaming the INF is good especially for Windows Vista/7 users, a bunch of oem#.inf_amd64_neutral_c7fb486a9758e3d8 folders in DriverStore does not look good

Last edited by ricktendo64 (2010-11-26 05:06:09)

ricktendo64 wrote:

Also some drivers are missing a cat, because they does not use CatalogFile they use CatalogFile.ntx86/.ntamd64

did not know such a feature!!! I'll modify the code

ricktendo64 wrote:

There are two program files folders on x64 machines, here are the DIRID numbers for X64 specific INF files just in case you need them

Strangely, I process these variables, it will be necessary to test the code and the log for the correctness

ricktendo64 wrote:

TV driver did not copy the files to sub folders named

Probably need to change something in the logic of the program, so I purposely did not make a backup of subdirectories.

ricktendo64 wrote:

NVIDIA driver did not copy NvCplSetupInt.exe, you will find this in the 01 dir which means the same driver that contains the INF (driverstore folder)

I am looking for inf files in the directory% windir%\inf
And there other files can not be - driverstore this directory are working with DPInst, and also the feature of Windows 7

ricktendo64 wrote:

Heres a suggestion, if on Windows 7 have your tool find out the correct name of oem#.inf and then all you would need to do is go to the DriverStore folder and copy the entire forlder (and delete the pnf). This is best because Windows is smarter, it even copies the CoInstaller files even if they are not mentioned in the SourceDisksFiles section
Renaming the INF is good especially for Windows Vista/7 users, a bunch of oem#.inf_amd64_neutral_c7fb486a9758e3d8 folders in DriverStore does not look good

I think the best way to do so. Analyze directory driverstore not so simple, specific binding in the registry is not

ricktendo64 wrote:

BTW check out this driver backup tool, it searches the entire hdd until it finds the file (but it does not work on x64) also check out how it renames the INF with the same name as the CAT file

Unfortunately, I have this program does not work. An error 13

Last edited by Romeo91 (2010-11-26 15:41:36)

This version fixes many bugs, most of them relate to work on 64-bit versions of Windows. The program has become more stable and reliable.
Changed and updated almost all of the search function necessary driver files, so that the program should show a very good result in the creation of backup drivers.
Can compare the results with other well-known programs of this class.

Changes to the Drivers BackUp Solution [1.12.17 Final]

[FIXED] Fixed a bug where the box "Check for Updates" is not closed.
[FIXED] Fixed bug of a 64-bit systems - does not recognize system folder sysWOW64.

[ADDED] Added to the analysis of storage DRVStore.
If the driver is found in the directory, then copies all files for this driver, do not even registered in inf-file.
[ADDED]  If there is a cat-file, the inf-file will be renamed under the name of the cat-file
[ADDED] Added definition of specific parameters of the inf-file: CatalogFile.ntx86; CatalogFile.ntamd64.
[ADDED] Added check for rare doubles Driver (feature writing data to the registry Windows).

[CHANGED] Fixed the settings for the preset folders for backups on the type of system.
[CHANGED] Name of the directory with the drivers now formed as well as the name of the archive - DP_<computer name>_WNT<version of the system>_<bit system>_<date>.
[CHANGED] Added a clean target directory if that directory already exists.
[CHANGED] If the backup with that name already exists, it will be removed.
[CHANGED] Updated Archiver 7za to version 9.20 Final.
[CHANGED] Improved definition of directories such as Custom.
[CHANGED] Changed the search procedure cat-file.
[CHANGED] Added check for existence of the original inf-file.

Last edited by Romeo91 (2010-12-17 22:30:25)

Lots better, a couple still are not fully being copied and would be nice if it was able to create the sub folder for the files if listed in [SourceDisksNames] section

ricktendo64, yes it is in the plans for future versions

Drivers BackUp Solution  [Version 1.12.24 - Final Fix]

[FIXED] Fixed a bug where the program crashed/freezed when the sampling mode, the backup.

Last edited by Romeo91 (2010-12-27 19:17:36)

Changes to the Drivers BackUp Solution [2.3.3 RC1]

[CHANGED] Changed logic of programs, driver files are first searched in the folder DRVSTORE
[CHANGED] The speed of the program increased

[ADDED] Now, copying files is preserving the directory structure of drivers
[ADDED] Added possibility to create SFX-archives with automatic installation of drivers using DPInst.
Accordingly, the distribution of the program includes a program DPInst
When you create a SFX 7za-file uses a modified module Oleg Shcherbakov (www.7zsfx.info) version 1.5.0.1989, for which he thanks a lot.
Configuration file of the module is in a directory ".\Tools\Arc\sfx\"
[ADDED] Added a new option in the settings file DriversBackuper.ini Section [Main] ArchMode = 0
Parameter specifies the program, which archiving mode as the default. Can be 0..2.

[FIXED] Fixed up the drivers from the repository DrvStore, if the source contains subdirectories
[FIXED] Fixed error when deleting temporary files

This version was faster and more reliable in operation. Now the program can recreate the directory structure of drivers.
Implemented a functional self-extracting archive with automatic installation of drivers through DPInst.
DBS Program currently does not concede, and in some respects even superior to many well-known program to backup drivers, such as:
DoubleDriver V4.1.0.
Smart Driver Backup 2.12
Driver Magician Lite 3.72
DriverMax 5.31
DriverBackup 2.1.0.83 (IcemanND from MSFN)

Last edited by Romeo91 (2011-03-03 23:25:24)

The program has finally acquired the interface to change most settings, before you can edit the settings directly only in Ini-file.
Added registration of library capicom.dll, the lack of which caused an error in the system program "ActiveX component can't create object" in the function CalcHashFile

Version 2.4.11 PreFinal (11.04.2011)
  + Added automatic registration of library capicom.dll (version 2.1.0.2) in its absence (the library is often not available on Windows Vista and Windows 7)
  + The program added to the Customize menu to change most settings through the GUI.
  * Updated the modified SFX-module (Oleg Shcherbakov www.7zsfx.info) to version 1.5.0.2079
  * Added configuration file for SFX-module with an English interface

Hi Romeo91
I hope you are well,

I send you translation of program in spanish, program have no nothing modification.
am moderator in www.experienciaue.net

I ask your permission to release the program in the forum www.experienciaue.net .

Thanks so much Romeo91.

or can download of here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?atmysy13vtq824w

Thank you very much for the translation. He is sure to be included in the next release. You can post the program without restrictions, there are no restrictions:).