Topic: [BUG] GenericPCM (Su4) / WLAN 11Mbps PCMCIA ADAPTER / WaveBuddy PCMCIA

Hi,
I recently got one of this 'Wavebuddy Wireless PCMCIA Card' thingy, but to find a driver to it was a royal pain, as it's so obsolete. After opened up, i found an atmel at76c502 but still this is so old, that no support was available, no driver to start with. But after long hours found driver to at76c502 that wasn't working with my card. And long after that, i found this AWESOME collections and tried out.
Fiddling in the device manager found that the id is 'PCMCIA\OEM-11Mbps_Wireless_LAN_PC_Card_V-3-DE3A' and that very id found also in this pack.
However the driver installation was broken, always resulting a 'A service installation section in the INF is invalid'. It can't end up like this, so started modifying the .inf. Found a 'fvnetrxp.sys' witch was missing but after providing that, still no luck.
Finally i have found the following lines:
"
[CopyFile.Sys]
;fvnetr.sys,,,2

[CopyFile.NT.Sys]
;fvnetr.sys,,,2

[CopyFile.XP.Sys]
;fvnetr.sys,fvnetrxp.sys,,2
"
and as the inf files work, the ' ; ' means comment following
SO: DELETE the ' ; '-s from the beginning, and both the driver installation and the card will work!
(after the installation the 'fvnetrxp.sys' wasn't in the windows, so it seems not necessary for the installation/usage)
//the other INFs in the same directory also has this nasty trick, so i think these files need to be fixed too

Thanks again for the drivers, and hope i will help others to use this ancient gadget!

ck

Re: [BUG] GenericPCM (Su4) / WLAN 11Mbps PCMCIA ADAPTER / WaveBuddy PCMCIA

Run the HWID tool linked in my signature.  Then follow the instructions in this FAQ post to find any compatible drivers.
The one you're referencing is VERY old. wink
But yes, that .inf appears to be broken.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!