Topic: Vista DriverPacks?

Do we have any plans for Vista DriverPacks yet?

The reason I asked is that the first system I installed Vista on was missing two drivers - the Sigmatel audio & probably Intel chipset drivers. Not a great start!

Whilst BASE would be some time off I would imagine, is there any reason why we couldn't start collecting the drivers together now?

Cheers!

Re: Vista DriverPacks?

Windows Update for Vista has a lot of drivers compared to "WinXP Windows update", just let it search there.

I never thought of that.... roll it updated the Nvidia graphics driver but nowt else.

It all depends on if said companies can be bothered working with Microsoft to get their driver. I mean, today I've already seen ATi, Nvidia & Realtek all release newer Vista drivers.

Windows update works great unless you dont have the drivers for the ethernet card.  Most modern day versions of windows come with a variety of ethernet drivers only.  I hope Driverpac will support vista

Not sure whether it was posted on this Forum or elsewhere, but this link may help you out:
http://www.radarsync.com/vista/

im a first time buyer of a laptop that came with vista. I hate it.i was told that i could erase my whole hard drive and install xp,but i would have to find the drivers myself. could i possibly get some help

kendrahoese wrote:

im a first time buyer of a laptop that came with vista. I hate it.i was told that i could erase my whole hard drive and install xp,but i would have to find the drivers myself. could i possibly get some help

Just slipstream the DriverPacks into your XP install cd using the BASE.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

If you have trouble post your hwids and laptop model well se what we can do

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

nForce3 is supported natively in Vista x64 Beta 2 (build 5384.4).  So is the Radeon X850 XT PE (and it's recognized as such smile).  I suspect that most modern motherboards and devices will also have native Vista support when it goes final.

The hardest thing I see in creating DriverPacks for Vista is replacing the native drivers with up to date ones.

OT links removed

Each DriverPack is a package of drivers for a particular category of hardware.The DPInst tool is the best option for post install update of drivers.It has always been,and continues to be,integrating drivers into the installation media.Vista is supposed to have better power management so it seems possible battery power could be better.I plan on devoting more time to the Vista DriverPacks.

DriverPack for each particular category of hardware drivers package. For the sound equipment and graphics devices such as DriverPacks. For those of us DriverPacks all the category includes all device drivers. The most important thing is that we resolve the thorny issues such as driver conflicts to you.