Topic: Need updated BIOS for Gateway 933M

Hi all;

I'm looking for a download site to get the latest BIOS update for an old Gateway 933M PC. It was part of Gateway's "professional" line and built in Oct of 2001. That line was eventually sold to a company called "MCP" but I am unable to locate any sort of site for them; Gateway's link only takes me to a newsletter about the sale.

If anyone knows where I can download the BIOS, please post the link.

Thanks.

Last edited by bobcat250 (2010-09-03 06:15:22)

Re: Need updated BIOS for Gateway 933M

I'm not sure this is the something that would normally be answered in this forum, but since I've also been affected by MPC's failure I'll try to help.  Underneath their newsletter about the sale it also lists nearly every model that was ever sold in their business line.  It's not as convenient as just typing in the serial number anymore, but I can usually find original everything from Gateway's site just by clicking the actual model of the PC from the list.  Before Gateway re-posted those "as-is" links for the machines they used to sell, I frequently used this site to find drivers http://www.mpcdrivers.com/downloads/driver.html.   I know the domain is mpcdrivers.com but they have drivers and BIOS files that used to be posted on MPC-Corp's website.  Hope this helps.

Thanks, eethball, for your very quick response! I quickly checked the link you posted and it may hold some promise; I'll have to dig deeper later.

The page you mentioned, the one with all the model numbers, is one I did find; but I could not locate the 933M unless its known by another number. Guess I'll just have to keep looking.

Thanks for your input; much appreciated.

bobcat250 wrote:

The page you mentioned, the one with all the model numbers, is one I did find; but I could not locate the 933M unless its known by another number. Guess I'll just have to keep looking.

http://support.gateway.com/support/supi … cprod.html

That should be the link I was talking about with the models.  I also didn't see a 933M machine which leads me to believe that it's some 930 series model.  Good luck!