Re: [REL] DP_Bluetooth_wnt5_x86-32_1005b1

None of my machines use bluetooth, so I didn't know that.  Bummer.
So this Third Party DriverPack has limited usefulness.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

7yler wrote:

The Toshiba BlueTooth Stack is the same for all hardware, but they have added a licence file which is set per manufacture. Therefore the BT71012 will work on Dell, but will only have a 30Day license.

The original BT61010 I created did not have the hardware license, and was the last version Toshiba released before they locked it down. 

Broadcom (WIDCOMM) do the same, so the one in BT driverpack is licensed to IBM machines only, and does not have a trial period.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info but how can I tell about the license? I changed the date on the system to 2011 and it is using the Toshiba BT71012 driver but the Bluetooth seems to still work and no license alerts...

mr_smartepants wrote:

I'll have to work on that. 
\T\ is both newer and encompasses more HWIDs than the older Dell driver \D\.  Have you tried deleting the entire \BT\D\ folder and trying it that way?
If \T\ doesn't work at all, then \D\ will have to stay, but it was a quick and dirty test that needs more refinement.  I'd really prefer NOT to have the Dell drivers in there since they're duplicated by the much newer \T\ section.
Does the Btw_on.exe have any switches?  Or is it switchless?
Can you check the version of the installed driver?  Was it 04/08/2010,6.0.2808.0  or 06/27/2008,6.0.627.0

Definitely from the Toshiba folder and not the Dell:
Bluetooth Stack v7.10.12T
RFBUS 7.10.1607.0
RFCOM 6.0.728.0
RFHID 6.0.3918.0
Dell 360 Buletooth 6.0.2808.0

Btw_on.exe has no switches and I am running some tests with it

That's what I figured would happen.
Let's delete the whole BT\D\ folder and .ini sections.
@compstuff, let me know what you find out in your testing and I'll work something out in the .ini.

mr_smartepants wrote:

That's what I figured would happen.
Let's delete the whole BT\D\ folder and .ini sections.
@compstuff, let me know what you find out in your testing and I'll work something out in the .ini.

Thats exactly what I'm trying right now... I also added the BTW_ON.exe to a RunOnceEX before the Finisher to see if that does anything

Excellent!  Keep us posted!

OK Here we go:

1) Deleted D and modified .ini
2) added BTW_ON.exe early in RunOnceEX before Finisher

As soon as RunOnceEX starts I get a Bluetooth install failure message which I ignore then the new hardware wizard pops up which I cancel.
RunOnceEX runs and finisher completes and NO endless loop with the FN+F11 issue
Windows comes up and I get tosbtmng.exe error message toshdpapi.dll not found
Bluetooth seems to work fine
I changed the computer date to 2012 and it still seems to work

This is not Bluetooth related but the Modem Driver which is from Dell
Event Log Shows:
Event ID: 7000
Service Control Manger

The XAudioService service failed to start due to the following error:
XAudioService is not a valid Win32 application.

Last edited by compstuff (2010-06-04 09:34:54)

compstuff wrote:

Thanks for the info but how can I tell about the license? I changed the date on the system to 2011 and it is using the Toshiba BT71012 driver but the Bluetooth seems to still work and no license alerts...

I haven't been doing builds for a long time (changed jobs), and cant remember how the 30day trial works, but on Toshiba download site, they have a disclaimer:

Please note that this TOSHIBA Bluetooth stack is for TOSHIBA
notebooks only! 
It will expire on all other Bluetooth hardware after 30 days!

I brought the a860 home with me for about a week... I have an e6400, and D630 also. I am moving next weekend so I am packing my house up all next week and will be limited with what I can do. I also don't have any good connectivity in the temporary housing I will be in but my clients always have reliable connections... just makes it tough... anything I can do to help I will.

Hello guys!!

I've been using the driverpacks from some years ago and they worked very fine and in the cases I found some minor bugs, I was able to fix them or to find the solution in the forum but now, Im facing an issue and Im completely blocked :S

Recently, we have started to buy HP laptop and they have an integrated bluetooth adapter. The problem is when the drivers are been installed, a Widcomm Bluetooth installation GUI popup asking for user input (basically Next, Yes, bla bla). This file is under BT/B/BT5508600.exe and it is not installed on a silent way and I didnt find the way to do that so, the dpsfnshr.exe process can not finish till someone press on the button for this installer and the unattended installation fails :S.

I uncompressed this file (BT5508600.exe) and played a bit with it but I didnt found the switch to perform the silent installation. I tried /s /silent /qb /qn /passive but no luck :S

Any of you are suffering the same problem? Could someone give me a hand with it?

Thanks you very much!
D.

Well, I built the installer blind.  I don't have the hardware to test on and guessed at the switches based on what I saw in the .ini. 
Ah well, it is beta. wink
Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to fix it if someone else doesn't come along and fix it first.

Thats the same problem(reported above) I had during my last a860 install but I just haven't had anytime yet to go back and experiment ...I just did a quick check with SFXMaker and it showed the switches as: /S /NCRC ...if you try that let us know since I'm not sure when I will get a chance

Hi,

I tried with "bt5508600.exe /S /NCRC" but still Im prompted for the same user input as before :S.

If you have any other switches, I will try them and let you know smile

In the meantime, I'll try to find a solution for it...

see you!
D.

Thanks for the test... I am looking into this but don't have access to the laptop right now.

1) There is an updated driver http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site. … MIGR-70450
2) Try setup.exe with the /qn /ru /ri option

If you can try the items above it would be helpful... if I get the laptop today and some time I will also run some tests

Hi compstuff,

downloading the updated driver from your URL and running setup.exe /qn /ru /ri option works fine!! it installed the bluetooth drivers on a completely silent way smile

there is only a minor issue that probably will affect only me... using the other driver, I could see on the Add/Remove programs an entry named "Widcomm bluetooth bla bla" and now, with this driver, I got "IBM thinkpad bluetooth bla bla" so from an aesthetic point of view, someone could complaint me why they have installed an IBM package on an HP laptop but I could live with it tongue

Are you going to integrate this update/fix on the drivers pack?

Cheers
D.

Thanks for testing this... I am learning about this pack as I go along and their are unique aspects of the Bluetooth install.

I have downloaded both the Toshiba and the Lenovo stacks and their are some silent installation differences in both. Also as referenced above I see the license files in each of these downloaded files but not in the driverpack so I think this needs to be experimented with a bit more.

According to 7Zyler and other forums the actual drivers are basically the same but the license is different per manufacturer which presents some problems

Quite a bit of this

I found the license.dat for HP laptop on its own bluetooth installer (dated on Jun 2008!!!) so this file shouldnt be a problem for me but as you wrote above... in the drivepack there isnt any license.dat :S.

I will visit this thread during the coming days in case you or someone else need to test something, in the meantime, I will continue with my installations (manual intervention required) waiting for a fix, I will try to modify the pack but I dont have idea and dont want to break the thing.

See you!
D.

I finally finished the move from h*ll and now trying to catchup so I will be running some tests for the next few days. I will try some things on the a860 for Bluetooth and report back

DP_Bluetooth_wnt5_x86-32_1005b1.7z
doesnt work anymore on Tecra M10, previous was fine.  Afraid it is part of a build system and I need this to work, hehe
I am going to have to roll back, was the previous working version DP_Bluetooth_wnt5_x86-32_910.7z or were there some ones between, I knew i should keep a backup of previous versions smile
thanks

910 was the previous working one.  Maybe it should stay.
I don't have any bluetooth devices (except my phone), so I can't test anything.

i went back to 910 and it seems to be working all ok again now although it went abit funny on a new toshiba U500-1E5 - the toshiba BT stack it was installing caused launch of 'Help and support centre' with a 'generic  hardware device troubleshooter' popup......although it seemed to be working fine after finihsing and rebooting...

Last edited by chud (2010-07-09 19:35:53)

compstuff wrote:

I finally finished the move from h*ll and now trying to catchup so I will be running some tests for the next few days. I will try some things on the a860 for Bluetooth and report back

I have been running some local tests and after the experience I just had today I have decided to pretty much give up on this at least for now. I have very few systems that have Bluetooth and actually no users that actually need it for their work. I have decided to turn off Bluetooth in BIOS before my installs and if they ever need it on in the future I will install the drivers at that time.

My latest testing with a Vostro 3700 went something like this: try and install Bluetooth and the damn mouse and keyboard drivers don't install... CAN'T BE so try it again, and again and again with different combinations and find out I can reproduce the failure everytime if I try the Bluetooth so guess what... NO Bluetooth hmm

blue tooth got you blue in the face tongue lol.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow wrote:

blue tooth got you blue in the face tongue lol.

...and running to the bar for a stiff drink big_smile

Silent mode  installation doesn't work. The installer starts correctly in finisher mode , but I had to install yourself.
USB\VID_1241&PID_1177\5&18BD802A&0&1                        : UrzUSB\VID_413C&PID_8126\6&2EA5ED22&0&1                        : Dell Wireless 355 Module with Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Technology

Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop

Source: UPDATEPACK from XABLE with a few addons (http://xable.net/forums/viewtopic.php?id=86)

3rd Party DriverPack: Bluetooth 1005b1

driverpacks: SAD

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/Vi-VfNVo2-n3OpKsB4llVKFIQfdM7s85pIh1ua1bdSA/perpetual:forever/userbar/translator-3.png

Updated first post with 910 working version.
Station drivers is reporting a Motorola bluetooth driver at v3. 
Does anyone have any Motorola bluetooth hardware at all to test it with?