Topic: Realtek High Definition Audio Driver

Hi , i want to build up a Bart PE XP cd wherewith i  want to watch YouTube videos and listen sound of that videos too.
Is it enough to get driverpack and integrate it on BartPE cd to achive requirements to work soundcard?
Thank you.

Re: Realtek High Definition Audio Driver

paragliders HWPnP plugin is required for advanced hardware support...

However, his HWPnp plugin is not complete enough to support sound. there are litterally tens of thousands of registry entries that are not present in BartPE to support sound.

BartPE is a recovery tool not an OS replacement. Sound is not supported.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow wrote:

paragliders HWPnP plugin is required for advanced hardware support...

However, his HWPnp plugin is not complete enough to support sound. there are litterally tens of thousands of registry entries that are not present in BartPE to support sound.

BartPE is a recovery tool not an OS replacement. Sound is not supported.

Are you sure, because I heard from a guy that he is watching YouTube videos with sound. He explained me something about it but I must admit that i didn't understand any.
That's why i asked here for help.
Please do not destroy my hopes because i have to build up that PE CD.

There is quite a bit of info available on this subject. check over at 911 and UBCD4win forums...

Anything is possible... However if you thought the explanation you already got was very technical and dificult to follow then i guarantee you are going to pull your hair out when to try and get your sound to work, especialy if it is a HDA device.

Yes i am sure sound is not supported, but with enough time and effort you can make anything work. It is beyond my ability to help you, again check with 911 or ubcd4win forums

Why use vice grips instead of a socket to remove a bolt?
You want to watch video and play games Boot into the OS. That is what it's for.
You want to back up a partition or remove a virus use BartPE.

useing Bartpe to watch video and play games is like using vice grips to remove a bolt, It's just not the right tool for the job... and you will certainly not get the acceleration you get with an OS (poor frame rates and choppy audio at best)

What are you trying to do, please tell us and let's see if there is a better way.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Well , i haven't got HDD anymore couse one that I had is broke. I have a good friend who allows me to build up that cd using her machine.
I actualy have no money for a new HDD that's why i am forced to use BART PE  solutions.

did you check the serial number on the HDD with the manufacturer to see if it was still in warranty?

you can get a HDD for like 40 dollars... http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory … rder=PRICE

Well, it's easy for you not for me, i'm in Romania and here 40$ means a lot , my salary
is 309$ per month .
No there's no warranty for my HDD , i bought it 6 years ago. Now do you understand me why i'm forced to resort to BartPE solutions?
Sorry , i'm ashamed of my situation but the truth is that in Romania it's verry hard to buy IT components.

Last edited by roxana (2010-06-23 17:09:10)

I understand much better now... Nothing to be ashamed of... the economy is not much better here...

I think your best bet to get the sound working is going to be at the 911 CD forum...
most of the real PE guru's hang out over there. I am only an apprentice PE guru wink.

Oh , i want to cry, not satisfied by data i get from The CD Forum there are verry old data about this subject posted by persons who no longer attend that foum.
I don't know what to do. sad

I know many of the guys personally... Galapo, Jclaz, Hilander999 and cdob are the best of the best and are still active... I can even contact them by telephone if neccesary... read what is there see how far you get if you have questions post them there... if you get no response let me know and i will see if i can get get one of the boys to answer you... Again what you want is not simple, it involves adding pages and pages of registry entries to your PE disc. It's not just a matter of adding the device driver... you must first add support for the HDAudio bus itself. I am fairly proficient with PE I coded the mass storage and LAN and WLAN plugins (with the help of the UBCD4Win team) but this is way over my head... the best i can do is make sure you get a response if that becomes an issue. Hilander is a good friend of mine and he started working on teh sound support for UBCD4Win this winter he had about two months in it and was in the neighborhood of 10 thousand lines of code / registry entries. Since your are not trying to support all sound cards but just need one you might only have to code a thousand lines to get what you want...

For me it would be easier to find a way to make and extra 40 bucks... 
But if you have 20 ~ 50 free hours to burn I am sure it can be done.
(yes it is really going to be that much work)

If you had an old soundblaster PCI card we could get you up and running in a couple of hours. HDA is a whole different story and a real PITA to make work, even in windows let alone in a Preinstallation Environment. remember in PE we do not have PnP... Text mode drivers only (16 bit drivers) that is why i said even if you do get it working the performance will be about 30% of what it would be in windows. So even if you do acomplish your goal you will most likely have lame / weak video and sound. IE if you would get 30 frames per second in windows you might only get 12 FPS in PE and choppy sound that would not be synced to the video. IF you were successful...

BartPE is NOT a windows replacement it was never meant to be... It is an installation and recovery tool.

Oh , you're so smart i guess i begin to understand that is to much work and verry difficult
to achieve 100% of performance.
I hope you wouldn't be upset , but i feel that you could help me more if i let you know what device i have exactly.
This is motherboard :

GA-M61P-S3 ,

This is Chipset:

nVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 430 chipset

Audio:

Onboard Realtek ALC883 CODEC chip

VGA Onboard:

nVidia GeForce 6100

Don't you think it's easyer now for you to know what it has to be done?

Last edited by roxana (2010-06-25 03:30:37)

roxana wrote:

Hi , i want to build up a Bart PE XP cd wherewith i  want to watch YouTube videos and listen sound of that videos too.

This is possible, but does require some work.
A prebuild solution is simplier to find: a linux live cd.

roxana wrote:

Is it enough to get driverpack and integrate it on BartPE cd to achive requirements to work soundcard?

No, sound won't work. Plain BartPE dosn't support sound requirements.
Adding a sound driver alone won't enable sound playback.

As for a starter:
As indicated some keywords already http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php? … p;p=163592
Add a PNP plugin, e.g. part of XPE plugin.
Add a sound plugin, e.g. part of XPE plugin.
Add HWPNP too.
Add HDAudio bus driver, realtek sound driver and vga drivers too.
And process InfCacheBuild at build time to adjust *.inf files.
Boot BartPE. Run HWPNP to load sound, vga drivers.

Add media player classic. Play a sound file locally.

Next add Youtube requirements.

Above are keywords to search.
If there are specific questions search at 911cd.net or ask at 911cd.net.

Thank you BartPE Master cdob!

The help is  Most Appreciated!

signed
the Rookie...

Hi cdob smile I heard you're one of the best if not the best.
Thank you for help , i'll take those actions you wrote about.
And of course i'll ask you help when will be the case.