Topic: Problem - Drivers not being installed

First time poster here....first of all, thank you for these driver packs. They are sooo helpful to a person like myself who constantly installs Windows on different computers. I've used them for about 4 years now without issue, but have recently developed a problem.

I've read through the forum looking for issues like mine, but can't seem to find any answers. Here are some details about my problem:

The drivers seem to be slipstreamed properly and appear in the OEM folder of my installation disc.
The drivers begin to extract but that extraction seems to fail. I usually see Extraction 2/10 begin and go up to 100% but then I don't see anything else.

Here is what I've tried:
I've made sure I'm using the latest version of Base and the latest version of all driver packs.
I used to slipstream all of the driver packs (no third party packs). I let the base program remove all packs and then tried with only one or two, with no luck.
I tried redownloading the driver packs and installing from a new folder. No luck.
I install/update the DriverPacks last, using DP_Base (not NLite) and then burn the disc.

These are the same Xp installations I've been using for a long time, but somehow things have stopped working for me over the last while. I'm not sure why and am hoping some of you experts will be able to help. I hope it's not something simple, because I try to cover the basics myself, but I'll be happy to have this resolved either way.

My DPs_Base.log file: files.me.com/camputer/s3d80k
My Winnt.sif file: files.me.com/camputer/xsfmp3

Thanks for any help you can give! smile

Last edited by camputer (2010-06-04 13:11:13)

Re: Problem - Drivers not being installed

use last pack ^^ ( and don't use all 3rd packs, juste 4 ou 5)

Thanks for the reply abdou. I don't use any third party driver packs, and have tried limiting my slipstream to only 3 or 4 of the stock driver packs, with no luck.

What do you mean by "use last pack"? Use the last DP_Base release?

Thanks

Last edited by camputer (2010-06-04 14:05:39)

Please verify the MD5 checksums of your DriverPacks... they are available on the download pages of the main site

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Thank you Overflow!
Wow! Of the 10 "stock" driver packs, the checksum was wrong on 9 of them! And that then explains why I would only see the progress bar of 2/10 (the CPU pack which was the only one with a correct checksum).

So...how does this happen? And have you seen it with other people? I've always used the DP_Base to update the packs, but this time I downloaded them manually and came up with the right checksums. I've got an installation going now and although it's not yet finished, I have already seen all of the driver packs decompressed, and so I'm confident it will work.

Thank you for taking the time to help me! But please, if you can, give me some direction on why that might have happened, and how I might be able to prevent it in the future.

And thanks again for providing such a helpful service for so many people like myself. smile

It does not happen very often... simple CDN supplies all of our downloads.

they have multiple geographically dispersed clusters of servers. We upload them to a location then they handle all the Mirroring and server selection for our users. Kind of set it and forget it deal. You would have been automatically connected to a server cluster near you that had the available bandwith to serve you. I have absolutely no idea which  server (or cluster) you may have been routed to. Since we get around two million downloads a week and this is the only report of an issue i belive (hope) it was an isolated incident.

Thanks for your kind words it means a lot!

Jeff

- I don't belive there is any way for you to either cause or avoid this issue... It was just bad luck.
although you might run chkdsk just to make sure it's not your HDD wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Ok, hopefully as I update the packs it won't happen again, but if it does, I'll know what to check first.

2 million downloads a week! That is amazing. I'm guessing when you started this project you probably didn't imagine those kind of numbers! Thanks again.