Topic: DriverPacks M1 S.A.D - Still 'New Hardware' Popup

Afternoon all,

Just finished imaging, setting up WDS for unattended imaging of PCs. Using DriverPacks with Method 1 and S.A.D (using OfflineSysPrep for MassStorage) and upon bootup I received the following:

http://i42.tinypic.com/23utqbk.jpg

Upon looking at the minimized progress it has stopped on 'PnP' as the manager is busy. If I go to look at what hardware was found, it is 'Realtek AC'97' (Or something very similar) - if I cancel window, progress continues.

Ticked the boxes 'Mini-Setup', 'Don't reset Activation grace' (Using VLK), 'Don't regenerate SSID' and 'PnP'.

Update: Just before finishing, the 'New Hardware' popup appeared saying it had failed to install the 'Realtek AC' - I wasn't quick enough to get an image of the cmd window.

Update 2: Finished and booted onto Desktop. I then got a 'Windows Error Report' popup concerning 'IP'.. Also for some reason I have duplicate Internet Explorer Icons hmm

Ideas?

Cheers,
Jack

Last edited by Jack_F (2010-04-09 13:31:28)

Re: DriverPacks M1 S.A.D - Still 'New Hardware' Popup

you will have to run SAD before the desktop loads or the new hardware wizard will come up

or you will have to use devpath to point to your m1 source (use devpath before you reseal)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow wrote:

you will have to run SAD before the desktop loads or the new hardware wizard will come up

or you will have to use devpath to point to your m1 source (use devpath before you reseal)

I have done devpath.exe C:\D before booting into LiveXP. Is this what you meant or am I missing something?

Last edited by Jack_F (2010-04-09 23:24:29)

Yes you missed something... You forgot to mention which version of BASE you were using... Looks like 10.04.01

This issue is related to upgrading from DPInst 2.01 to DPInst 2.1 the error was recently reported and the fix has not yet been found...
Please only use official releases for production applications, nightly versions are for testing only big_smile tongue

It is very important to provide good details if you want good support wink.
Please refer to "Read BEFORE you post" in my signature.
IE 4. Choose a good topic title. - Don't forget to MENTION the relevant DriverPack (or DriverPacks BASE) and its VERSION in the TITLE.

If you use BASE 8.12.5 you won't have this issue wink
Remember you can't use mass 10.x with BASE 8.12.5... Use Mass 9.01 first
- Only if DriverPack MassStorage 9.01 won't work then try 9.09.r6 (in / from the 'old' folder) It is the last nightly that will still work with BASE 8.12.5
- If you are using OLSP then it may not matter... but to be safe, even with OLSP, I recommend sticking to 909r6 or less wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

OverFlow wrote:

Yes you missed something... You forgot to mention which version of BASE you were using... Looks like 10.04.01

This issue is related to upgrading from DPInst 2.01 to DPInst 2.1 the error was recently reported and the fix has not yet been found...
Please only use official releases for production applications, nightly versions are for testing only big_smile tongue

It is very important to provide good details if you want good support wink.
Please refer to "Read BEFORE you post" in my signature.
IE 4. Choose a good topic title. - Don't forget to MENTION the relevant DriverPack (or DriverPacks BASE) and its VERSION in the TITLE.

If you use BASE 8.12.5 you won't have this issue wink
Remember you can't use mass 10.x with BASE 8.12.5... Use Mass 9.01 first
- Only if DriverPack MassStorage 9.01 won't work then try 9.09.r6 (in / from the 'old' folder) It is the last nightly that will still work with BASE 8.12.5
- If you are using OLSP then it may not matter... but to be safe, even with OLSP, I recommend sticking to 909r6 or less wink

Thanks for the reply mate, no no, only using DriverPacks Base 8.12.5 (The one on the 'Latest Applications download page).

Also as I am using the MassStorage pack that comes with LiveXP, I currently don't download it manually - OFSP/LiveXP compiles it own MassStorage when creating the LiveXP .iso.

For other detailed information, I am simply using the 'Latest DriverPacks' for Windows XP - Chipset, CPU, Graphics A - B - C, LAN, Sound A - B, and WLAN.

Cheers,
Jack

Last edited by Jack_F (2010-04-10 12:58:43)

Jack_F wrote:

Also as I am using the MassStorage pack that comes with LiveXP, I currently don't download it manually - OFSP/LiveXP compiles it own MassStorage when creating the LiveXP .iso.
Jack

That'll be version 9.01 then.

Regards,
Galapo.

I'm not sure then...
I have only seen this with dpinst 2.1
DriverPacks BASE 9.12.x uses the older dpinst 2.01

how did you call the dpinst script? runonceex or other

I call it within sysprep.inf - I believe it's 'runonce' isn't it? (not at work ATM til Monday).

Is there anything I can try to rectify this? Need to see any config settings/logs? Could it be an issue with an OFSP setting I might of screwed up or definitely DriverPacks?

did you make sure that the first entry in the DevPath registry entry was %SystemRoot%\inf?
I have seen cases where that entry was missing... that could cause strangeness
are the rest of the DriverPacks folders present? that could be an issue too.

did you use M1 as i suggested? extracting rather than cabbing them all?

One of your fellow "crazy SysPrep guys" may have some insight on this too wink

Just got into work, this is how we stand (I figured pictures would be more beneficial):

http://i40.tinypic.com/149ox6o.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/9i5rt2.jpg

As you can see I am using M1 and my sysprep.inf is as follows:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2d1psu8.jpg

As for the DevPath entry, where would I be looking for that - I looked through 'RegEdit' and couldn't find a thing...

Cheers,
Jack

Last edited by Jack_F (2010-04-12 10:42:30)

Jack_F wrote:

As for the DevPath entry, where would I be looking for that - I looked through 'RegEdit' and couldn't find a thing...

I assume by that you mean: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion,DevicePath'

Regards,
Galapo.

Galapo wrote:
Jack_F wrote:

I assume by that you mean: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion,DevicePath'

Regards,
Galapo.

Cheers, that would be why - its 'DevicePath' hehe, this is what is in entry:

%SystemRoot%\Inf;C:\D\C\A1;C:\D\C\A2;C:\D\C\AM2;C:\D\C\AM4;C:\D\C\AM5;C:\D\C\AM6;C:\D\C\AM7;C:\D\C\AT;C:\D\C\AU;C:\D\C\D;C:\D\C\F;C:\D\C\H;C:\D\C\I1;C:\D\C\I2\1;C:\D\C\I2\2;C:\D\C\I2\3;C:\D\C\I2\4;C:\D\C\I2;C:\D\C\I3\1;C:\D\C\I3\2;C:\D\C\I3\3;C:\D\C\I3\4;C:\D\C\I3;C:\D\C\I4;C:\D\C\I5;C:\D\C\IN;C:\D\C\IT;C:\D\C\NV1;C:\D\C\NV2;C:\D\C\NV3;C:\D\C\NV4;C:\D\C\SM;C:\D\C\T;C:\D\C\V1\2K;C:\D\C\V1\2K3;C:\D\C\V1\XP;C:\D\C\V1;C:\D\C\V2;C:\D\C;C:\D\CPU\A;C:\D\CPU;C:\D\G\3;C:\D\G\3a;C:\D\G\3b\Help;C:\D\G\3b\TV;C:\D\G\3b;C:\D\G\A\B_21192;C:\D\G\A\B_32225;C:\D\G\A\B_32846;C:\D\G\A\B_85563;C:\D\G\A\W;C:\D\G\A;C:\D\G\A1\B_89222;C:\D\G\A1\CC\Branding;C:\D\G\A1\CC\Core-Implementation;C:\D\G\A1\CC\Core-PreInstall;C:\D\G\A1\CC\Core-Static;C:\D\G\A1\CC\Graphics-Full-Existing;C:\D\G\A1\CC\Graphics-Full-New;C:\D\G\A1\CC\Graphics-Light;C:\D\G\A1\CC\Graphics-Previews-Common;C:\D\G\A1\CC\Help\en-us;C:\D\G\A1\CC\Help;C:\D\G\A1\CC\HydraVision-Full;C:\D\G\A1\CC\MOM-InstallProxy;C:\D\G\A1\CC\Utility;C:\D\G\A1\CC\Utility64;C:\D\G\A1\CC;C:\D\G\A1\W;C:\D\G\A1;C:\D\G\A2;C:\D\G\A3;C:\D\G\A4;C:\D\G\A7;C:\D\G\A8;C:\D\G\AD;C:\D\G\AE\B_76015;C:\D\G\AE\B_88800;C:\D\G\AE\B_93285;C:\D\G\AE;C:\D\G\As;C:\D\G\I\ENU;C:\D\G\I;C:\D\G\I1\x32;C:\D\G\I1;C:\D\G\I2;C:\D\G\I3;C:\D\G\I4;C:\D\G\I5;C:\D\G\I6;C:\D\G\I7;C:\D\G\I8;C:\D\G\I9;C:\D\G\IA;C:\D\G\M;C:\D\G\N;C:\D\G\N1;C:\D\G\N2;C:\D\G\N3;C:\D\G\NM;C:\D\G\P;C:\D\G\S3;C:\D\G\S3a;C:\D\G\S3b;C:\D\G\S3c;C:\D\G\S3d;C:\D\G\S3e;C:\D\G\S3f;C:\D\G\S3g;C:\D\G\Sa;C:\D\G\Sb;C:\D\G\Sc;C:\D\G\Sd;C:\D\G\Se;C:\D\G\T1;C:\D\G\T2;C:\D\G\TR;C:\D\G\V;C:\D\G\V1;C:\D\G\V2;C:\D\G\V3;C:\D\G\V4;C:\D\G\V5;C:\D\G\V6;C:\D\G\V7;C:\D\G\V8;C:\D\G\V9;C:\D\G\Va;C:\D\G\Vb;C:\D\G\X;C:\D\G\x2;C:\D\G;C:\D\L\3A;C:\D\L\3B;C:\D\L\3C;C:\D\L\3D;C:\D\L\3E;C:\D\L\3F;C:\D\L\3G;C:\D\L\AC1;C:\D\L\AC2;C:\D\L\AC4;C:\D\L\AC5;C:\D\L\AC6;C:\D\L\AC7;C:\D\L\AD1;C:\D\L\AD2;C:\D\L\AG;C:\D\L\AL;C:\D\L\AM1;C:\D\L\AM2;C:\D\L\AM3;C:\D\L\AS1;C:\D\L\AS2;C:\D\L\AS3;C:\D\L\AS4;C:\D\L\AS5;C:\D\L\AS6;C:\D\L\AT1;C:\D\L\AT2;C:\D\L\AT3;C:\D\L\AT4;C:\D\L\ATE;C:\D\L\AU;C:\D\L\AX;C:\D\L\B1;C:\D\L\B2;C:\D\L\B3;C:\D\L\B4;C:\D\L\BE;C:\D\L\BF;C:\D\L\BU1;C:\D\L\BU2;C:\D\L\BU3;C:\D\L\C;C:\D\L\CO1;C:\D\L\CO2;C:\D\L\CO3;C:\D\L\CO5;C:\D\L\D10;C:\D\L\D2;C:\D\L\D3;C:\D\L\D4;C:\D\L\D5;C:\D\L\D6;C:\D\L\D7;C:\D\L\D8;C:\D\L\D9;C:\D\L\DA1;C:\D\L\DA2;C:\D\L\DA3;C:\D\L\HP;C:\D\L\HP1\iscsiutils;C:\D\L\HP1;C:\D\L\I1\RIS_INF;C:\D\L\I1\WinPE;C:\D\L\I1;C:\D\L\I2;C:\D\L\IC1;C:\D\L\IC2;C:\D\L\J;C:\D\L\L1;C:\D\L\L2;C:\D\L\L3;C:\D\L\L4;C:\D\L\L5;C:\D\L\L6;C:\D\L\L7;C:\D\L\L8;C:\D\L\M;C:\D\L\MI;C:\D\L\MO;C:\D\L\N1;C:\D\L\N10;C:\D\L\N2;C:\D\L\N3;C:\D\L\N4;C:\D\L\N5;C:\D\L\N6;C:\D\L\N7;C:\D\L\N8;C:\D\L\N9;C:\D\L\ND1;C:\D\L\NS1;C:\D\L\NV;C:\D\L\NV1\P\2K;C:\D\L\NV1\P\XP;C:\D\L\NV1\P;C:\D\L\NV1;C:\D\L\NV2;C:\D\L\NV3;C:\D\L\NV4;C:\D\L\NV5;C:\D\L\NV6;C:\D\L\NV7;C:\D\L\O1;C:\D\L\O2;C:\D\L\O3;C:\D\L\O4;C:\D\L\O5;C:\D\L\O6;C:\D\L\O8;C:\D\L\R1;C:\D\L\R2;C:\D\L\R3;C:\D\L\R4;C:\D\L\RIS;C:\D\L\SB1;C:\D\L\SB2;C:\D\L\SIL;C:\D\L\SIS;C:\D\L\SIS2;C:\D\L\SM1;C:\D\L\SM2;C:\D\L\SM3;C:\D\L\SM4;C:\D\L\SM6;C:\D\L\SM7;C:\D\L\SM8;C:\D\L\SM9;C:\D\L\SU1;C:\D\L\SU5;C:\D\L\SU7;C:\D\L\SU8;C:\D\L\SU9;C:\D\L\SUC;C:\D\L\U1;C:\D\L\U3;C:\D\L\U4;C:\D\L\U5;C:\D\L\V1;C:\D\L\V2;C:\D\L\V3;C:\D\L\X1;C:\D\L\X2;C:\D\L\Z;C:\D\L;C:\D\M\3;C:\D\M\3B;C:\D\M\3C;C:\D\M\A;C:\D\M\A2;C:\D\M\A3;C:\D\M\A4;C:\D\M\A5;C:\D\M\A6;C:\D\M\A7;C:\D\M\A8;C:\D\M\AD1;C:\D\M\AD2;C:\D\M\AD3;C:\D\M\AD4;C:\D\M\AD5;C:\D\M\AD6;C:\D\M\AD7;C:\D\M\AD8;C:\D\M\AD9;C:\D\M\ADA;C:\D\M\ADB;C:\D\M\ADC;C:\D\M\AM;C:\D\M\AM1;C:\D\M\AM2;C:\D\M\AM3;C:\D\M\AR;C:\D\M\AT;C:\D\M\AU;C:\D\M\AU2;C:\D\M\AU3;C:\D\M\B;C:\D\M\C;C:\D\M\C1;C:\D\M\C2;C:\D\M\C3;C:\D\M\D;C:\D\M\D1;C:\D\M\E;C:\D\M\H;C:\D\M\H1;C:\D\M\H10;C:\D\M\H1S;C:\D\M\H2;C:\D\M\H3;C:\D\M\H3K;C:\D\M\H3S;C:\D\M\H5;C:\D\M\H6;C:\D\M\H6S;C:\D\M\H7;C:\D\M\H7S;C:\D\M\H8;C:\D\M\H9;C:\D\M\H9S;C:\D\M\I1;C:\D\M\I2;C:\D\M\I3;C:\D\M\I4;C:\D\M\I5;C:\D\M\I6;C:\D\M\IB1;C:\D\M\IB2;C:\D\M\IB3;C:\D\M\IB6;C:\D\M\INI;C:\D\M\IT;C:\D\M\J;C:\D\M\L;C:\D\M\L1;C:\D\M\L10;C:\D\M\L11;C:\D\M\L2;C:\D\M\L3;C:\D\M\L4;C:\D\M\L5;C:\D\M\L6;C:\D\M\L7;C:\D\M\L8;C:\D\M\L9;C:\D\M\M;C:\D\M\M2;C:\D\M\M3;C:\D\M\M4;C:\D\M\NV123;C:\D\M\NV4;C:\D\M\NV4IN;C:\D\M\NV5;C:\D\M\NV6;C:\D\M\NVTM;C:\D\M\P\K;C:\D\M\P\S;C:\D\M\P;C:\D\M\P1;C:\D\M\P1K;C:\D\M\P1S;C:\D\M\P2\K;C:\D\M\P2;C:\D\M\P2S;C:\D\M\P3;C:\D\M\P4;C:\D\M\P4K;C:\D\M\P4S;C:\D\M\P5;C:\D\M\P6;C:\D\M\P7;C:\D\M\P8;C:\D\M\P9;C:\D\M\PA;C:\D\M\PAS;C:\D\M\PC;C:\D\M\Q;C:\D\M\Q2;C:\D\M\Q3;C:\D\M\Q4;C:\D\M\S;C:\D\M\S2;C:\D\M\S2A;C:\D\M\S3;C:\D\M\S4;C:\D\M\S5;C:\D\M\S7;C:\D\M\S7A;C:\D\M\S7B;C:\D\M\S8;C:\D\M\S9;C:\D\M\SA;C:\D\M\SA2;C:\D\M\SB;C:\D\M\SB2;C:\D\M\SB3;C:\D\M\SB4;C:\D\M\SB5;C:\D\M\SC;C:\D\M\SC2;C:\D\M\SC3;C:\D\M\SC4;C:\D\M\SC5;C:\D\M\SIS;C:\D\M\SIS1;C:\D\M\SIS2;C:\D\M\SIS3;C:\D\M\V1;C:\D\M\V2;C:\D\M\V3;C:\D\M\VM;C:\D\M;C:\D\S\A1;C:\D\S\A2;C:\D\S\AL;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\AppMode;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\Application;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\Bass;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\Common;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\Convertor;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\DSP\2xFunc;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\DSP\DH;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\DSP\List;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\DSP\Shifter\speaker;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\DSP\Shifter;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\DSP\SpeakerTest;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\DSP;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\HDAV;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\HDMI;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\Info;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\Karaoke;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\Mixer\Slider;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\Mixer;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\SoundEffect;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\Status\title;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\Status\USB;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\Status;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\VocalFX;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin\Voip;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program\Skin;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp\Program;C:\D\S\AS\Customapp;C:\D\S\AS\Driver\Advance\DLL;C:\D\S\AS\Driver\Advance;C:\D\S\AS\Driver\INI;C:\D\S\AS\Driver\PCI;C:\D\S\AS\Driver;C:\D\S\AS\Language\CHINESE;C:\D\S\AS\Language;C:\D\S\AS\MCE\CmImage;C:\D\S\AS\MCE\Images_Gray;C:\D\S\AS\MCE\Sounds;C:\D\S\AS\MCE;C:\D\S\AS\OemIcon;C:\D\S\AS\OpenAL;C:\D\S\AS\Program;C:\D\S\AS\Uninstall;C:\D\S\AS;C:\D\S\C1;C:\D\S\C2;C:\D\S\C3;C:\D\S\C4;C:\D\S\C5;C:\D\S\C6;C:\D\S\C7;C:\D\S\C8;C:\D\S\CL;C:\D\S\CR0\common\i386\thunk;C:\D\S\CR0\common\i386;C:\D\S\CR0\common;C:\D\S\CR0\lang\i386;C:\D\S\CR0\lang;C:\D\S\CR0\support\i386;C:\D\S\CR0\support;C:\D\S\CR0\win2k_xp\data;C:\D\S\CR0\win2k_xp\i386;C:\D\S\CR0\win2k_xp;C:\D\S\CR0;C:\D\S\CR1\common\amd64;C:\D\S\CR1\common\i386\thunk;C:\D\S\CR1\common\i386;C:\D\S\CR1\common;C:\D\S\CR1\lang\amd64;C:\D\S\CR1\lang\i386;C:\D\S\CR1\lang;C:\D\S\CR1\support\amd64;C:\D\S\CR1\support\i386;C:\D\S\CR1\support;C:\D\S\CR1\win2k_xp\amd64;C:\D\S\CR1\win2k_xp\data;C:\D\S\CR1\win2k_xp\i386;C:\D\S\CR1\win2k_xp;C:\D\S\CR1;C:\D\S\CR2a\Common;C:\D\S\CR2a\support\amd64;C:\D\S\CR2a\support\i386;C:\D\S\CR2a\support;C:\D\S\CR2a\WinVista\bin\amd64;C:\D\S\CR2a\WinVista\bin\i386;C:\D\S\CR2a\WinVista\bin;C:\D\S\CR2a\WinVista\Common;C:\D\S\CR2a\WinVista\Config\CtDev1;C:\D\S\CR2a\WinVista\Config\CtDev2;C:\D\S\CR2a\WinVista\Config\CtDev3;C:\D\S\CR2a\WinVista\Config\CtDev4;C:\D\S\CR2a\WinVista\Config\CtDev5;C:\D\S\CR2a\WinVista\Config\HP;C:\D\S\CR2a\WinVista\Config;C:\D\S\CR2a\WinVista;C:\D\S\CR2a\winxp\bin\amd64;C:\D\S\CR2a\winxp\bin\i386;C:\D\S\CR2a\winxp\bin;C:\D\S\CR2a\winxp\Common;C:\D\S\CR2a\winxp;C:\D\S\CR2a;C:\D\S\CR2b\AddOn;C:\D\S\CR2b\Common;C:\D\S\CR2b\Lang\i386;C:\D\S\CR2b\Lang;C:\D\S\CR2b\Win2k_xp\I386;C:\D\S\CR2b\Win2k_xp\W2KXPDRV;C:\D\S\CR2b\Win2k_xp;C:\D\S\CR2b;C:\D\S\CR3\common\i386\thunk;C:\D\S\CR3\common\i386;C:\D\S\CR3\common;C:\D\S\CR3\lang\i386;C:\D\S\CR3\lang;C:\D\S\CR3\support\i386;C:\D\S\CR3\support;C:\D\S\CR3\win2k_xp\data;C:\D\S\CR3\win2k_xp\i386;C:\D\S\CR3\win2k_xp;C:\D\S\CR3;C:\D\S\CR4\AddOn;C:\D\S\CR4\Common;C:\D\S\CR4\Lang\i386;C:\D\S\CR4\Lang;C:\D\S\CR4\Win2k_xp\I386;C:\D\S\CR4\Win2k_xp;C:\D\S\CR4;C:\D\S\CT1;C:\D\S\CT2;C:\D\S\CT3;C:\D\S\CT4;C:\D\S\E1;C:\D\S\E2;C:\D\S\E3;C:\D\S\E4;C:\D\S\ES1;C:\D\S\ES2;C:\D\S\H1;C:\D\S\H2;C:\D\S\I1;C:\D\S\I10;C:\D\S\I11;C:\D\S\I12;C:\D\S\I13;C:\D\S\I14;C:\D\S\I15;C:\D\S\I16;C:\D\S\I17;C:\D\S\I18;C:\D\S\I19;C:\D\S\I2;C:\D\S\I3;C:\D\S\I4;C:\D\S\I5;C:\D\S\I6;C:\D\S\I7;C:\D\S\I8;C:\D\S\I9;C:\D\S\M1;C:\D\S\M10;C:\D\S\M11;C:\D\S\M12;C:\D\S\M13;C:\D\S\M2;C:\D\S\M3;C:\D\S\M4;C:\D\S\M5;C:\D\S\M6;C:\D\S\M7;C:\D\S\M8;C:\D\S\M9;C:\D\S\N1;C:\D\S\N2;C:\D\S\R1;C:\D\S\R2;C:\D\S\R3;C:\D\S\S1;C:\D\S\S10;C:\D\S\S11;C:\D\S\S12;C:\D\S\S13;C:\D\S\S14;C:\D\S\S15;C:\D\S\S16;C:\D\S\S17;C:\D\S\S18;C:\D\S\S19;C:\D\S\S2;C:\D\S\S20;C:\D\S\S21;C:\D\S\S22;C:\D\S\S23;C:\D\S\S24;C:\D\S\S25;C:\D\S\S26;C:\D\S\S27;C:\D\S\S28;C:\D\S\S29;C:\D\S\S3;C:\D\S\S30;C:\D\S\S31;C:\D\S\S32;C:\D\S\S33;C:\D\S\S34;C:\D\S\S35;C:\D\S\S36;C:\D\S\S37;C:\D\S\S38;C:\D\S\S39;C:\D\S\S4;C:\D\S\S40;C:\D\S\S41;C:\D\S\S42;C:\D\S\S43;C:\D\S\S44;C:\D\S\S45;C:\D\S\S46;C:\D\S\S47;C:\D\S\S48;C:\D\S\S49;C:\D\S\S5;C:\D\S\S50;C:\D\S\S51;C:\D\S\S52;C:\D\S\S53;C:\D\S\S54;C:\D\S\S55;C:\D\S\S56;C:\D\S\S6;C:\D\S\S7;C:\D\S\S8;C:\D\S\S9;C:\D\S\SC;C:\D\S\SI1;C:\D\S\SI2;C:\D\S\T1;C:\D\S\T2;C:\D\S\T3;C:\D\S\TR;C:\D\S\V1;C:\D\S\V2;C:\D\S\V3;C:\D\S\X1;C:\D\S\X10;C:\D\S\X11;C:\D\S\X12;C:\D\S\X13;C:\D\S\X14;C:\D\S\X15;C:\D\S\X16;C:\D\S\X17;C:\D\S\X18;C:\D\S\X19\SmAudio\SmAudio\dll;C:\D\S\X19\SmAudio\SmAudio;C:\D\S\X19\SmAudio\x64;C:\D\S\X19\SmAudio;C:\D\S\X19;C:\D\S\X2;C:\D\S\X20;C:\D\S\X21\SmAudio\SmAudio\dll;C:\D\S\X21\SmAudio\SmAudio;C:\D\S\X21\SmAudio\x64;C:\D\S\X21\SmAudio;C:\D\S\X21;C:\D\S\X22;C:\D\S\X23;C:\D\S\X24;C:\D\S\X25;C:\D\S\X3\SmAudio\SmAudio\dll;C:\D\S\X3\SmAudio\SmAudio;C:\D\S\X3\SmAudio\x64;C:\D\S\X3\SmAudio;C:\D\S\X3;C:\D\S\X4;C:\D\S\X5;C:\D\S\X6;C:\D\S\X7;C:\D\S\X8;C:\D\S\X9;C:\D\S\Y1;C:\D\S\Y2;C:\D\S;C:\D\W\3a;C:\D\W\3b;C:\D\W\3c;C:\D\W\3e;C:\D\W\3f;C:\D\W\3g;C:\D\W\A2;C:\D\W\A4;C:\D\W\AG;C:\D\W\AL2;C:\D\W\AS;C:\D\W\AtF;C:\D\W\AtT;C:\D\W\AV;C:\D\W\B;C:\D\W\B1;C:\D\W\B2;C:\D\W\B3;C:\D\W\B4;C:\D\W\B6;C:\D\W\B8;C:\D\W\B9;C:\D\W\BA;C:\D\W\BL3;C:\D\W\BL4;C:\D\W\BL5;C:\D\W\BL6;C:\D\W\BL8;C:\D\W\BR;C:\D\W\Br1;C:\D\W\Br2;C:\D\W\Br3;C:\D\W\Br4;C:\D\W\Br5;C:\D\W\Br6;C:\D\W\Br7;C:\D\W\Br8;C:\D\W\Br9;C:\D\W\BU;C:\D\W\BU1;C:\D\W\BU2;C:\D\W\BU3;C:\D\W\BU4;C:\D\W\BU5;C:\D\W\BU7;C:\D\W\BU8;C:\D\W\C;C:\D\W\C3;C:\D\W\CL;C:\D\W\Co;C:\D\W\Co4;C:\D\W\Cr;C:\D\W\Cr2;C:\D\W\Cr3;C:\D\W\Cr4;C:\D\W\D;C:\D\W\D2E;C:\D\W\D2F;C:\D\W\D3;C:\D\W\D3C;C:\D\W\D4;C:\D\W\D4K;C:\D\W\D4L;C:\D\W\D4M;C:\D\W\DA;C:\D\W\DB;C:\D\W\DF;C:\D\W\DG;C:\D\W\DL;C:\D\W\E1;C:\D\W\E2;C:\D\W\E6;C:\D\W\E8;C:\D\W\E9;C:\D\W\EC;C:\D\W\EH;C:\D\W\Es;C:\D\W\G;C:\D\W\G2;C:\D\W\H;C:\D\W\I;C:\D\W\I1;C:\D\W\I2;C:\D\W\I3;C:\D\W\I4;C:\D\W\I5;C:\D\W\I6;C:\D\W\Ib;C:\D\W\IS;C:\D\W\L;C:\D\W\L0;C:\D\W\L1;C:\D\W\L2;C:\D\W\L3;C:\D\W\L4;C:\D\W\L5;C:\D\W\L6;C:\D\W\L7;C:\D\W\L8;C:\D\W\L9;C:\D\W\L9b;C:\D\W\LA;C:\D\W\LC4;C:\D\W\LE;C:\D\W\LE4;C:\D\W\LEA;C:\D\W\LF;C:\D\W\Lmc1;C:\D\W\Lmc2;C:\D\W\Lmc5;C:\D\W\Lx;C:\D\W\M;C:\D\W\MI;C:\D\W\MT;C:\D\W\N1;C:\D\W\N2;C:\D\W\N3;C:\D\W\N4b;C:\D\W\N6;C:\D\W\N8;C:\D\W\N9;C:\D\W\NA;C:\D\W\NB;C:\D\W\NC;C:\D\W\ND;C:\D\W\NH;C:\D\W\NoM;C:\D\W\o;C:\D\W\o2;C:\D\W\o3;C:\D\W\o5;C:\D\W\P;C:\D\W\R;C:\D\W\R1;C:\D\W\R10;C:\D\W\R11;C:\D\W\R2;C:\D\W\R3;C:\D\W\R4;C:\D\W\R5;C:\D\W\R6;C:\D\W\R7;C:\D\W\R8;C:\D\W\R9;C:\D\W\RE1;C:\D\W\RE2;C:\D\W\RE3;C:\D\W\RE4;C:\D\W\RE5;C:\D\W\S;C:\D\W\S4;C:\D\W\S7;C:\D\W\Sc2;C:\D\W\Sc5;C:\D\W\Sc6;C:\D\W\Sc8;C:\D\W\ScB;C:\D\W\ScD;C:\D\W\ScU;C:\D\W\SE2;C:\D\W\SI;C:\D\W\Si2;C:\D\W\Si2u;C:\D\W\Si3;C:\D\W\Sm;C:\D\W\Sm1;C:\D\W\Sm3;C:\D\W\Sm4;C:\D\W\Sm5;C:\D\W\Sm6;C:\D\W\Sm7;C:\D\W\Sm9;C:\D\W\SmA;C:\D\W\SmB;C:\D\W\SmC;C:\D\W\SmD;C:\D\W\Su2;C:\D\W\Su4;C:\D\W\Su5;C:\D\W\Su8;C:\D\W\SuB;C:\D\W\SuC;C:\D\W\SuE;C:\D\W\SuH;C:\D\W\T;C:\D\W\T2;C:\D\W\T3;C:\D\W\TO;C:\D\W\U;C:\D\W\U2;C:\D\W\U3;C:\D\W\U4;C:\D\W\U5;C:\D\W\U6;C:\D\W\U7;C:\D\W\V;C:\D\W\WNC;C:\D\W\X;C:\D\W\X2;C:\D\W\X7;C:\D\W\Z;C:\D\W\Z1;C:\D\W\Z4;C:\D\W\ZC;C:\D\W

Edit: Cleared it and re-ran 'DevPath.exe C:\D' had less in it this time as I had removed MassStorage (C:\D\M) as OFSP handles this - is anything astray? Something wrong?

Cheers,
Jack

Last edited by Jack_F (2010-04-12 13:11:10)

Upon re-imaging, and deploying via WDS - the issue seems to have fixed itself.

One thing though, I remember with the previous version of the Sound Packs that a SoundMax tray icon was installed. This is no longer happening under the system I am testing. It is being recognized under Device Manager though as Sound Max.

Cheers,
Jack

the DPsFnshr.log may tell us why

So just finished a fresh install. Currently sitting in my C:\ are:

- D (Folder with DriverPacks extracted)
- DPsFnshr
- DevPath.exe
- hwids.txt
- setup.txt

Nothing else - is that 'finished'? SoundMax Tray Icon not installed however the driver seems to be...

Log is here: http://pastebin.com/Vej60JUz

Cheers,
Jack

Edit1: After reboot, only FDsPnshr disappears.

Last edited by Jack_F (2010-04-15 17:07:06)

hmm that is strange all that should be gone... the last part of the DPsFnshr.log should tell us what happened...

Well that was the complete log I posted above.. Is there something I should be testing/something I've done wrong - tried again this morning, same affect.

Cheers,
Jack

Bump - Overflow?

from your log

566.2010-04-15 15:07:51 : <EXEC> Executing all commands (1) for exception [S3].
567.2010-04-15 15:07:51 : <EXEC>    Executing command 1 of 1: "%DPSROOT%\D\S\S3\sma3.exe"
568.2010-04-15 15:08:46 : <KTD>  KTD will not be applied, the DriverPacks will be deleted.
569.2010-04-15 15:08:46 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\hwids.dat"!
570.2010-04-15 15:08:46 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\DPsFnshr.ini"!
571.2010-04-15 15:08:46 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\devcon.exe"!
572.2010-04-15 15:08:46 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\makePNF.exe"!
573.2010-04-15 15:08:46 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\pmtimer.exe"!
574.2010-04-15 15:08:46 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\*.ins"!
575.2010-04-15 15:08:46 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\DSPdsblr.exe"!
576.2010-04-15 15:08:46 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\mute.exe"!
577.2010-04-15 15:08:46 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\DriverPack_*.ini"!
578.2010-04-15 15:08:46 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\DP_Install_Tool.cmd"!
579.2010-04-15 15:08:47 : <CLNP> Added new value to the RunOnce key in the registry: the DriverPacks Finisher itself will get deleted after the next reboot.
580.2010-04-15 15:08:47 : Program terminated.

looks like they were deleted ?
and the commmand to run the installer for the sound card was run.
perhaps the installer for the sound card is responsable for the driver popup?

where did these come from
- DevPath.exe
- hwids.txt
- setup.txt

those are not copied by SAD nor DriverPacks BASE so they won't be deleted

the finisher is deleted after a reboot - did you reboot before checking?

It looks like you used an M1 source.
An M1 source will not be deleted by the finisher unless you modify the DP_Inst_tool.cmd
REM or delete the following line.
"Echo DPsRootDel  = "false"            >> %DPFL%"
IE
REM Echo DPsRootDel  = "false"            >> %DPFL%

since an M1 source is not copied / extracted it is treated just like the 7zip archives with a M2 source - originals are not deleted. However if you remove the DPsRootDel  = "false" line then the finisher WILL delete your M1 file set.