Topic: My mouse pointer keeps on moving on it's own to a corner!

I need some help urgently.My mouse pointer of my hp tx2000 laptop keeps on moving to a corner and even clicks on it's own.I have tried anti-virus and anti-malware's,no use though.Tried connecting a usb mouse thinking that it might be touch pad gone wrong but that didn't work either.I have googled for any answers but in vain.Help.

Re: My mouse pointer keeps on moving on it's own to a corner!

What OS is yours?

Do you have already reinstalled that one?

Can you manually disable the touchpad using a combination of function keys on the laptop?
Does the external mouse work properly then?

Also, seeing as it's an HP laptop, you may want to contact their support - after all you paid for it...

I have windows vista installed.yes i did disable the touch pad but weirdly that doesn't have any effect on the mouse pointer being dragged automatically to the corner?!!I

Does it exibit this behaviour in Safe Mode?

on most OEM (in your case HP) vista installs there is a restore partition... does it still have this behavior in the restore GUI?
The restore GUI is a separate OS (WinPE)

if it exibits this behavior in WinPE (restore GUI) then it is not a software issue but a hardware issue... that is to say your touch pad itself is shot.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

if possible, please service your mouse pad.

I've had the same problem before, I just enabled the touchpad instead and adjusted its sensitivity. Having your pc/laptop be serviced is such a hassle

Spam removed!

deativate it and use usb mouse, or go to laptop care center to fix it =,=