Topic: DPBase - after clicking "Refesh" button in UpdateChecer

Hi!

I just noticed something strange : once you clicked the "Refesh" button in UpdateChecer, the Slipstream will work but will NOT copy driverpacks to windows disc root (if updates are available or not, it does not matter).

The bug does not happen if
-you restart DPBase
or
-if you do not restart, going to the DriverPacks list will make the process work.

Any suggestion ?

Re: DPBase - after clicking "Refesh" button in UpdateChecer

You must AT LEAST include your DPs_BASE.log, and include proper details.
(See 'Read BEFORE you post' linked in my signature, check off each item as you go.
It was also on the rules page you had to agree to before posting wink)

IE Am I supposed to guess which of the forty or so versions of DriverPacks BASE you are currently using? I mean it could be an Alpha, Beta, Nightly, RC, official release, current, older, ???...

Did you use M1 or M2? (Neither method copies DriverPacks to the root of the disc BTW.)
Were you slipstreaming Win2K, WinXP or Win2K3?
Did you select only main packs or 3rd party DriverPack too?
did you only select only Mass or all main packs? (or other combo) Was mass textmode enabled?

You might as well have reported "My car won't start. Help!" wink
The details are obviously to vague to offer any kind of help. I might guess you had no gas in your car only to find out you drive a Diesel big_smile.

Help us to help you. Details are the key, 99% of these details are included in your log, which is mandatory for a support post...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I was able to duplicate this issue with DriverPacks BASE 8.12.5 M2 with only DriverPack Chipset selected...

Here is the deal... if you update a pack or if you hit refresh DriverPacks BASE assumes something has changed.
BASE believes you have updated or changed the DriverPacks, and resets all the selections to none.
this is a direct result of the function that finds the latest versions and is intentional.
IE what if you update 8.12 to 9.01...
If the selections were not reset then 8.12 would still be selected for slipstream.
So if you update or hit refresh the DriverPacks selections are reset to none and then you must reselect the packs you desire.

In all versions of DriverPacks BASE newer than 8.12.x (there has been about 6 versions since then)
the update checker is the second screen instead of the second to last last screen.
So since in all newer versions the update screen is before the DriverPacks selection screen and even before you select the Platform that you want...
That should avoid any confusion / issues - Especially once one of the newer versions is released to the public.

the order for all versions newer than 8.12.5 is
Start
UpdateChecker
Settings
- DriverPacks method
- finisher method
Optional settings
Overview
About

Thanks for reporting

Jeff

PS with previous versions you can easily navigate to the UpdateChecker first simply by selecting / clicking on it in the navigation tree on the left wink.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I apologies for the lack of informations, but I done it really quickly since I havnt had much time.

Well, I used 8.12.5, I slipstreamed an XP cd, with all official driverpacks, and using default setting (I disabled Keep drivers and the quick cache thing).
Massstorage in text mode.
I am sorry, but I have no access to the logs for the moment.

@OverFlow
Good suggestion, however, the problem persists even if there is NO CHANGE. And then, if you go to the selection section, all driverpacks are correctly checked.

Thanks for the patience.