Topic: DriverPack Solution discussion

Misha wrote:

Hello everyone! I tested a different program to install the drivers. Also, and this, which is represented here. But I believe that the program "DriverPack Solution" is much easier and more convenient to use! This is my personal opinion!
The home of "DriverPack Solution"

p.s. I apologize for my English, this text was translated with the help of google-translate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OverFlow wrote:

well it is a one gig download and the server slow... so i would have to disagree...
at least Romeo is taking advantage of our unlimited bandwith...

Neither one of you guys mentions us in your GUI sad But at least Romeo sends them here to get the packs wink
Kind of rude to repackage our packs (and the new version is $20) and not even mention us.

So my vote is for Romeo big_smile!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mr_smartepants wrote:
Misha wrote:

The home of "DriverPack Solution" - http://drp.su/

drp.su wrote:

It FREE
    Distributed under the GNU GPL

GPL wrote:

Does the GPL require that source code of modified versions be posted to the public?

If you release the modified version to the public in some way, the GPL requires you to make the modified source code available to the program's users, under the GPL.

I would like to see the source-code...please! neutral

Sorry to hijack your thread Romeo91.  At least you give us credit.

Romeo91 wrote:
mr_smartepants wrote:

I would like to see the source-code...please! neutral

They have open source code for public
http://code.google.com/p/driverpacksolution

But this is said on the forum. One of the programmers (BadPointer) did.

mr_smartepants wrote:

You're right.  The code SVN is here: http://code.google.com/p/driverpacksolu … rowse/#svn

OverFlow wrote:
Misha wrote:

Hello everyone! I tested a different program to install the drivers. Also, and this, which is represented here. But I believe that the program "DriverPack Solution" is much easier and more convenient to use! This is my personal opinion!
The home of "DriverPack Solution"

p.s. I apologize for my English, this text was translated with the help of google-translate.

@Misha - I consider you guys to be low-lifes your app is totaly dependent on the DriverPacks. IE without our DriverPacks you would have nothing to offer AT ALL yet you never mention us at all not in the forum not in the app not in the about button of your app and yet you have copied our packs in their entirety without giving us so much as a nod... I have removed the link from your post. and I am fowarding this Info to Wim Leers... I for one am not happy that you are using our hard work without giving us credit for making your project even possable. Without our packs your project would be dead in the water IMHO. We will wait and see what Bâshrat the Sneaky thinks.

BadPointer wrote:

I'm terribly sorry for hijacking this tread.

I'm a developer of DriverPack Solution which was mentoined in this thread. I created a new tread for it and wrote a long post(it took me more then 3 hours). The tread was completely deleted without an explanation. If I had not enough problems with the way the the things were going lately, like turning the GPL project into a commercial software and asking me not to a new version of the program till users get their paid DVDs and spreading dangerous fakes of DriverPack Solution all over the Internet.

Yes, it's a very bad time to bring attention to the project and I'm ashamed to be a part of it right now. If it's inappropriate to explain and discuss the situation, please remove all the posts where DriverPack Solution is mentioned.

mr_smartepants wrote:
BadPointer wrote:

If it's inappropriate to explain and discuss the situation, please remove all the posts where DriverPack Solution is mentioned.

Agreed.  We'll consider your request.  Above posts may be deleted without further notice.
Thanks for letting us know.

Helmi wrote:
BadPointer wrote:

I created a new tread for it and wrote a long post(it took me more then 3 hours). The tread was completely deleted without an explanation.

That's a pretty bold accusation!

Ususally, we do not delete threads, we rather move them to our Trash archive were they serve as bad examples.
This is normally the case with spam, trolling or blatant advertising.
However, I could not find any thread, least post, of yours in there.
Seeing as our Mod staff board is rather small, it leaves only a handful of persons capable of deleting your post.
I know I haven't done it and I also know the others always give explanation to what they dislike in posts (handing out the first strike warning). Therefore, I consider it highly unlikely that it was not moved but deleted and also without comment.

You're treating in very thin ice here.
If there's one thing we hate (apart from seeing our work being used without showing so much of common courteousness as giving credit, least asking for permission) it's making false accusations, refutable claims and telling the untruth.

OverFlow wrote:

No he is not making it up... I was aggravated by what was going on and hastily deleted it rather than moving it to the trash.

Wim scolded me for it. (@BadPointer) I am sorry.  Thank you for understanding my frustration at this situation.

I am going to move the unrleated covo to its own thread

Helmi wrote:

Alright then, I'll take it back.

In any case, when we clean up this thread, after the tohuwabohu has been settled, the posts should be moved to Trash again.
Makes it easier to keep track of the failings of certain users wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Re: DriverPack Solution discussion

I subscribed to the both threads and I'm following them.
This message can be deleted.

Thanks BadPointer, cleaning up now!

- I promise not to delete your posts going forward!

Last edited by OverFlow (2010-02-05 07:38:13)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

So... Is there any chance to restore my long post? I didn't expect it to be deleted so I didn't make any backup. I guess I have learned of importance of coping my posts the hard way.

Anyway, what part of my post did make you so aggravated?

it was not your post that had my feathers so ruffled it was the fact that your project totally depends on the DriverPacks yet we are never mentioned...

and i asked wim about it and he said that no once i deleted it it was gone for good... which is why it is so important that I (or anyone else) don't ever do that sad again my apologies. I really screwed up on that one

it was not your post that offended it was the projects lack of recognition that it was DriverPacks that made your project possable.
Lots of people put lots of time into the creation of the driverpacks - it is the culmination of over 6 years of work. dozens of pack contributers, thousands of users feedback and of course Wims creating and maintaining this Project. You have simply created a wrapper for our packs, I wrote a tool that does the exact same thing over a year ago (it is only available to the testing team) it wasn't very difficult to do either. the difficult part is the assembly of the packs wink your failure to recognize our hard work really set me off... sorry 

summary:
Create a wrapper takes a few months (I wrote the code for my tool in two days albiet with no GUI)
Creating the DriverPacks themselves took 6 years.

Who put in the lion share of the work on 'your' project? yet we are not mentioned, even in passing... sad

While DriverPack Solution uses driverpacks made by the bashrat team it doesn't completely depends on these driverpacks. There are at least 3 other driverpack maintainers in the RUnet: SamLab, QuarQ, Greg.

It's to some extend true that DriverPack Solution 9 and previous versions didn't give enough credit to the bashrat team so when I joined the project I had to do a research to determine the origin of the driverpacks. This it why I created a branch: DriverPack Solution 9 Dev Build so I could collect all driverpack and upload them one place at my hosting at mediafire, and put driverpack in different folders based on the maintainer. I also provided links to the maintainers so users could contacts them and download the latest driverpacks.

DriverPack Solution 9 is the latest official version available for download. It is so old it doesn't have any of my code. It corresponds R2 at the SVN.
DriverPack Solution 9 Dev Build was meant to be my experimental branch. It corresponds R36 at the SVN. I consider it outdated and don't provide bugfixes to it anymore as I was expecting to release a new version.
DriverPack Solution 10 is based on R144(as of now) and incorporates all the improvements. I'm a strong believer in Open Source and GPL but unfortunately the publisher who is responsible for delivering DVD, won't let me release the new version till the customers get their paid DVDs.

Until then, watch out for fakes on the Internet, which were made because I failed to release the project.
The project is well known among Russian speaking users I was planning to make a proper introduction of the project on some forums in the English speaking community but I didn't because I didn't have the release. I'm going to explain in more details tomorrow.

If you eager to try the latest version follow the instruction
http://code.google.com/p/driverpacksolu … /SVNbasics

The changelog can be found here
http://code.google.com/p/driverpacksolution/source/list

thanks for the explaination and the links! I still think your project is dead without our packs wink
Without drivers it is not much good big_smile Just saying... how hard would it be to credit us? One line,
Thanks to DriverPacks.net for the DriverPacks! or This project is supported by DriverPack.net 
It is not much to expect nor do I think it is unreasonable.

PS the download i got from the page (DRPSu9Pro) had 47 driverpacks and all of them were from us wink

I think I should clarify something because it was deleted.
ArtX is the author of the program, he released it under GPL, created the website, the forums. I joined this project only on July 27 because of the license so I was naturally upset over ArtX making a deal with this publisher.

OverFlow wrote:

thanks for the explaination and the links! I still think your project is dead without our packs wink
Without drivers it is not much good big_smile Just saying...

That's true. Some driverpacks don't have counterparts elsewhere and are available only here.

OverFlow wrote:

how hard would it be to credit us? One line, Thanks to DriverPacks.net for the DriverPacks! It is not much to expect nor do I think it is unreasonable.

I wasn't sure I should add this to the about window of the program. After all DriverPack Solution doesn't relay only on these driverpacks and we would have to mention everyone. QuarQ is mentoined there because he is also an active and helpful tester. I always provide links to the maintainers when I release so I didn't think there would be a problem.

OverFlow wrote:

PS the download i got from the page (DRPSu9Pro) had 47 driverpacks and all of them were from us wink

I hadn't joined the project then. I also don't think it was a good idea of ArtX to put up such an old version on the website. I think he want to make DriverPack Solution 10 look better in compassion.

Last edited by BadPointer (2010-02-05 09:14:08)

BadPointer wrote:
OverFlow wrote:

how hard would it be to credit us? One line, Thanks to DriverPacks.net for the DriverPacks! It is not much to expect nor do I think it is unreasonable.

I wasn't sure I should add this to the about window of the program. After all DriverPack Solution doesn't relay only on these driverpacks and we would have to mention everyone.

Well, see it this way:
Giving credit and proper thanks is the only "price" you have to pay for getting it for free.

Take a look at the BASE and notice how many folks are credited there.
We may have even forgot one or the other, but it's the efford that counts (plus, was anyone to complain about being left it, he'd be in the next version to come, no doubt).

From what I understand of the GPL; once the GPL'd code is released to the public domain it must remain there.  If a company purchases the right to develop the software further they can modify the terms of the release but the original code is still in the public domain and can be forked to another project.
Very similar to what is happening to MySQL after it's purchase by Sun and later purchase by Oracle.  The original MySQL code was GPL'd and the original developers have the option of forking the source to develop it in parallel to whatever Oracle decides to do with it.
In any case, OverFlow and I share the sentiment that a simple mention would have been nice, especially since you're redistributing our work without consent. The content of the DriverPacks belong to their respective companies and they are well aware of our use of their intellectual property (and by their inaction, condone our use).  It's up to them to determine any legal intervention.
Here's a quote from Wim from this thread:

Wim Leers wrote:

Without having read your story in detail due to lack of time, I am granting you permission to redistribute the .sys/.sy_ files distributed with the BartPE plugin. Any noble effort that doesn't try to make money off DriverPacks.net's back is allowed to do so. Don't worry about that smile

As for access to the source code, that's not a problem either. Just contact me. *But*, I'm quite sure you won't be able to simply reuse it without heavily rewriting it smile That code is pretty much the oldest of the entire BASE (as in: pretty much the first code I've ever written), so be warned that it's ugly smile

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

I still don't lost all hope in DriverPack Solution to remain GPL. The publisher said it won't restrict us after March, 1. It didn't want me to leave the project and create a separate branch because it would harm the reputation of the program and I'm considered a valuable programmer. I also don't want to leave ArtX. The publisher thinks there is no violation of license in holding back the public release while the DVD are being sold and isn't going to change the license. If it did change, I would start an independent branch.
I was too upset to work on the project so took a break till March, 1.

OK. I think driverpack maintainers should be mentioned, could you help me writing the text of credit. I don't want to appear active to the publisher during my break but I think it worth creating a new revision at the SVN soon.

I'm sorry I didn't let you know that your drivepacks were used and distributed with the program. I felt the program wasn't ready for introduction here. Also I think it's common problem, there are a lot of unofficial distribution on the Internet based on DriverPack Solution or Drivers Installer Assistant which include driverpacks.

BTW. are there any legal requirements for driverpack maintainers? I'm asking that so I could tell that to the other driverpacks maintainers in case they aren't aware of it.

How should I refer the creators of driverpacks? Is the term "driverpack maintainers" any good?

Last edited by BadPointer (2010-02-05 10:19:34)

We refer to ourselves collectively as the DriverPacks Team. I don't believe that any one member of our team is any more important than another we each donate what we can when we can and all appreciate each other in kind. 

A list of names is not a good idea, someone might get left out. programers, pack contributors, testers and our users who provide feedback are all very important!

Wim may have a suggestion as to specific wording, IDK.

Just say something nice! A link to our home page would be Awesome!

Try something along the lines of
"Our project proudly uses the DriverPacks provided by DriverPacks.net"
"Thanks to the DriverPacks Team, Our drivers are primarily provided by DriverPacks.net"
"Powered by DriverPacks.net DriverPacks - Our thanks to the DriverPacks Team"
"The hardworking DriverPacks Team at DriverPacks.net Provides the archives we use"
Just say something! big_smile

I for one feel we have made a major contribution to your project!
All we want is a little recognition of our work... Wouldn't you?
after you guys all become millionaires a donation might be nice too. wink smile tongue

PS Yes if you see another project that is using our packs make sure they also give us a little credit!
Most of them already do, but if not they should. wink - A link to our site and a short thank you goes a long way toward creating good will and mutual respect in our community. We all have the same basic desire to help the community at large, show us the respect you yourself would like to receive! (How would you feel if DriverPack Solution did not mention you!)

I think The DriverPacks Team is known as Bashrat in the RUnet to distinguish from the other driverpacks. But what I was asking is a general term what would refer to people who makes driverpacks.
Also I don't know how to give a proper credit to the other driverpacks so I would prefer a common credit which lists all maintainers without giving a preference to a particular team.

OverFlow wrote:

I for one feel we have made a major contribution to your project!
All we want is a little recognition of our work... Wouldn't you?
after you guys all become millionaires a donation might be nice too. wink smile tongue

ArtX need money for the server and hosting. I suggested asking for donations instead of paid DVD but the publisher doesn't believe in it. I don't ask or get any money and it's fine with me as long the project is Open Source and free, and we provide a good service to the users.
My job is repairing computers and printers. As I don't have an Internet connection at work, I have to use driverpacks. This is why I'm interested in it.

OverFlow wrote:

PS Yes if you see another project that is useing our packs make sure they also give us a little credit!
Most of them already do wink

I'll do.

OverFlow wrote:

How would you feel if DriverPack Solution did not mention you!

It is fine with me. I don't ask for credit and never care if I'm mentioned. Though I understand that it's very important for some people. I believe not giving enough credit to the team isn't acceptable. The problem appears that I though giving links in the release announcement was enough but now I think driverpack maintainers deserve credit at the about window as well.

Last edited by BadPointer (2010-02-05 11:12:57)

BadPointer wrote:

I think The DriverPacks Team is known as Bashrat in the RUnet to distinguish from the other driverpacks. But what I was asking is a general term what would refer to people who makes driverpacks.
Also I don't know how to give a proper credit to the other driverpacks so I would prefer a common credit which lists all maintainers without giving a preference to a particular team.

Bâshrat the Sneaky's DriverPacks Team @ DriverPacks.net

that is all of us... Bâshrat the Sneaky our Leader (Real name Wim Leers), Me the programmer (Real name Jeff Herre), the XP packs team, the Vista packs team (Most notable contributers, Muiz and mr_smartepants), the testing team, and our members who provide feedback. All of these people equally help us to help you.

The "DriverPacks.net Team"

PS there is only one DriverPacks wink tongue

PSS Your genuine concern and dilgence in addressing this matter has gone a long way to reverse my initial frustration with your project. Thank You for taking your personal time to make sure our projects compliment and respect each other.

I think you aren't aware of the other people who makes driverpacks.

http://forum.oszone.net/thread-91146.html (Greg)
http://samforum.ws/showthread.php?t=26248 (SamLab)
http://forum.drp.su/showthread.php?t=25 (QuarQ)

Take a look at the content of the unofficial DriverPack Solution 10 DVD.

f54499cc0c180ff406e45c04f578ce90 *./drp/Vista & 7 (3rd Party)/x64/Gaming_x64_812.7z
d61920804538a6fdcab028a92af56f87 *./drp/Vista & 7 (3rd Party)/x64/Misc_x64_911.7z
3fb548ed4add81ecb3ca0324f88124d2 *./drp/Vista & 7 (3rd Party)/x64/Monitors_x64_911.7z
3059a8421862e7f895c809fa71f6f8fb *./drp/Vista & 7 (3rd Party)/x64/Touchpad_Mouse_x64_812.7z
6f7db21b9226d7af8a0146b309f6e7ff *./drp/Vista & 7 (3rd Party)/x64/Tvcard_x64_908.7z
670dda25070933fa4933b54575cce5c7 *./drp/Vista & 7 (3rd Party)/x64/Webcam_x64_911.7z
d12b10e3e7e1c9890302286aed92f8d9 *./drp/Vista & 7 (3rd Party)/x86/DP_CableModem_wnt6-x86_1001.7z
2fa87d5aa8d4921e09bc3b79c29667e2 *./drp/Vista & 7 (3rd Party)/x86/DP_CardReaders_wnt6-x86_1001.7z
ad2a748dc6464d004f7c96d11ce8e268 *./drp/Vista & 7 (3rd Party)/x86/DP_Gaming_wnt6-x86_1001.7z
160aaff83eb17647de8af0738c5e39a9 *./drp/Vista & 7 (3rd Party)/x86/Monitors_x86_809.7z
376c49314087ab321be4667008c4fe36 *./drp/Vista & 7 (3rd Party)/x86/RemoteControl_x86_809.7z
9e78b952faecf9d099b7026c8796ae39 *./drp/Vista & 7 (3rd Party)/x86/Touchpad_Mouse_x86_812.7z
750799be1f0696c2f0c2f6d49fdd50dc *./drp/Vista & 7 (3rd Party)/x86/TVcard_x86_904.7z
7659346c9a8bafa96cd8ebe083fbc79c *./drp/Vista & 7 (3rd Party)/x86/Webcam_x86_903.7z
ac378fd9d5a28100efb5da22a92f3e4e *./drp/Vista & 7 (Bashrat)/x64/Audio_x64_9122.7z
25a4093142b8f4ce6fcd0064852a0aeb *./drp/Vista & 7 (Bashrat)/x64/Chipset_x64_912.1.7z
d51bb1f55a192b50f4eda3161097a1d5 *./drp/Vista & 7 (Bashrat)/x64/Graphics_A_x64_9121.7z
783e4634c9b02321cb488a34be6cf71f *./drp/Vista & 7 (Bashrat)/x64/Graphics_B_x64_912.7z
868ca6b70f9c6bd681b9a9f256d043ec *./drp/Vista & 7 (Bashrat)/x64/Graphics_Mobile_x64_9121.7z
ff366bd3488838c07d4e7af47986e629 *./drp/Vista & 7 (Bashrat)/x64/Lan_x64_9122.7z
ed0d39414b8e933015e0a6206cc9ef8d *./drp/Vista & 7 (Bashrat)/x64/Masstorage_x64_9121.7z
09e198f36c33161b58a781d09cc63038 *./drp/Vista & 7 (Bashrat)/x64/Wlan_x64_912.7z
c53445e336e8070e80c257343f73c2a5 *./drp/Vista & 7 (Bashrat)/x86/Audio_x86_1001.7z
a457d5d6ac31a99f6098835dfa0c53f3 *./drp/Vista & 7 (Bashrat)/x86/DP_Chipset_wnt6-x86_1001.7z
bb1732d51c607edcc9468168babd88d0 *./drp/Vista & 7 (Bashrat)/x86/DP_Graphics_A_wnt6-x86_1001.7z
1018603ba8494668de8da00631fcaa9c *./drp/Vista & 7 (Bashrat)/x86/DP_Graphics_B_wnt6-x86_1001.7z
797121601010ce456fcc5689e9473906 *./drp/Vista & 7 (Bashrat)/x86/DP_Graphics_Mobile_wnt6-x86_1001.7z
c6784043a3e97085b5a1fa8414aa58c2 *./drp/Vista & 7 (Bashrat)/x86/Lan_x86_1001.7z
a8f4796dcfccdc5566e90fe6efe2a3cc *./drp/Vista & 7 (Bashrat)/x86/Masstorage_x86_907.7z
69e2fadbe014165a2bf1d28135744210 *./drp/Vista & 7 (Bashrat)/x86/Wlan_x86_812.3.7z
4588dec8b62fb21d532b8564b503f682 *./drp/Vista & 7 (QuarQ)/x64/DP_Graphics_ATI1001_wnt6_x64_Q.7z
f10690a52d2448067b55f23bd5b2c36c *./drp/Vista & 7 (QuarQ)/x64/DP_Graphics_NV19634_wnt6_x64_1001QM.7z
568dc70e317d6ee0bc2c2eeb155ee0be *./drp/Vista & 7 (QuarQ)/x64/DP_Sound_Realtek241_wnt6_x64_1001Q.7z
35a5a555439c9dd9a5d4be11d2980f70 *./drp/Vista & 7 (QuarQ)/x86/DP_Graphics_ATI1001_wnt6_x32_Q.7z
b880e6bc9ae02fdffabde25d0c02860e *./drp/Vista & 7 (QuarQ)/x86/DP_Graphics_NV19634_wnt6_x32_1001QM.7z
a3b5fbd445d396ac22e536b26061c80f *./drp/Vista & 7 (QuarQ)/x86/DP_Sound_Realtek241_wnt6_x32_1001Q.7z
99baecea2821db5b50ea5362999255f2 *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x64/Audio_x64_101.7z
1d96ffb8830469d6cb8a8000512bdf2e *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x64/CardReaders_x64_911.7z
a24606185da43e0366951a471cfa2fa5 *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x64/Chipset_x64_9121.7z
d02ce7751bd3a6d7a799445aee3f7929 *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x64/Graphics_A_x64_101.7z
ba6a1de77e3dcd1f0c0577e22fe06c47 *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x64/Graphics_B_x64_101.7z
9a3c49e8c767bd4de244f88ab428d37c *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x64/Graphics_Mobile_x64_9121.7z
21166a7167f1667234bfac8986ab69e8 *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x64/LAN_Network_x64_101.7z
e2162110e469f192fe037a5553ab8847 *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x64/MasStorage_x64_9121.7z
be9703f99680071eec6f583a20c0a00a *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x64/Tuners_x64_912s.7z
433d48eecf4a8d19636fceb2748230d8 *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x64/WLan_x64_912.7z
81368efb62d0fb037aaec25a79b27f36 *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x64/z_nVIDIA_x64_196.34.7z
e0b98fbb28a052cf037040cecbb04769 *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x86/Audio_x86_101.7z
d6b37839c7425aa87b532bf88146d93a *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x86/Chipset_x86_912.7z
a9db1dbb3443ca02f60e8e7b105de75c *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x86/Graphics_A_x86_101.7z
4cf7ad84f0b1d36b1e9d594ed4b9ec8e *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x86/Graphics_B_x86_101.7z
ec9503caf73d0da6f0de7bd907b098df *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x86/Graphics_Mobile_x86_912s.7z
fd6b33a935cba708c2a03ee993c82d4d *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x86/LAN_Network_x86_101.7z
efd18b4eaee1ede321b8615cb309cf7b *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x86/MasStorage_x86_101.7z
88abb5bb87c086da5f4366e73a9f227e *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x86/Tuners_x86_912s.7z
a642b2cd7b8acf7c9edd38023385dbf0 *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x86/WLan_x86_8123.7z
625fbd9722e19da48c8b687d771feb21 *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x86/z_nVIDIA_x86_196.34.7z
1239fece5e73248b11beca48e37aabd3 *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_ATT_wnt5_x86-32_1001.7z
588b741bea14ab81d7f14cd2e2bc8d42 *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_Bluetooth_wnt5_x86-32_910.7z
d841d2a947b46a88413187339bf6114e *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_Broadband_wnt5_x86-32_70416.7z
56ff0d4340b6f353a17e670b6a2f8bbd *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_HID_wnt5_x86-32_91101.7z
7b488b68be2d64aa775dd3e191c050fb *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_LAN_wnt5_x86-32_91102.7z
2f836ee16f11cea086d3c7ecd5ae9dbe *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_LenovoT500Laptop_wnt5_x86-32_090818.7z
2c898a2e046ee9613d825ae8118bee2a *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_Misc_wnt5_x86-32_90909.7z
ea27ea23443a341b7e942513d2c8a4f0 *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_Modem_wnt5_x86-32_100101.7z
7ef44793c5fd0e01813782fc7b39a6e2 *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_Monitor_wnt5_x86-32_91101.7z
44f09274a1d20d3b0b0f8867a3037d4c *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_Phone_wnt5_x86-32_80207.7z
cfcc51e99f2765ce5b7745bcc64673c4 *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_PrintersCanonLaserjet_wnt5_x86-32_61020.7z
c67329ad4e65703c90a135cd1960c441 *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_PrintersHP_wnt5_x86-32_71126.7z
0fffa52bf98f85e60d9cd663666c042b *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_Scanner_wnt5_x86-32_60831.7z
3de703d5b6a599c8c4286808aa5555fc *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_SmartCardReader_wnt5_x86-32_80228.7z
758e3b245a866b4b13fe4f1bac42547c *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_TV_wnt5_x86-32_90915.7z
7db959a2ab16465e5e7fbb45e9659a26 *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_USB_wnt5_x86-32_80911.7z
cde517ce99255933ce9d84f146f559bb *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_Virtual_wnt5_x86-32_90225.7z
cc5f82626c4fa031de58998b71610ed7 *./drp/XP (3rd party)/DP_WebCam_wnt5_x86-32_100104.7z
d75e2ed12f4277380b079e37c6040eaa *./drp/XP (Bashrat) [dev]/DP_Chipset_wnt5_x86-32_909r4.7z
037a31b1f38083774559a4adb21001a1 *./drp/XP (Bashrat) [dev]/DP_CPU_wnt5_x86-32_9090rc1.7z
5e17cda156702b94eca7edaeb7ae8c95 *./drp/XP (Bashrat) [dev]/DP_Graphics_A_wnt5_x86-32_100102.7z
0d66fba75920f215e83a67c9c65b9b3b *./drp/XP (Bashrat) [dev]/DP_Graphics_B_wnt5_x86-32_100102.7z
e33bd209a1e737028302a1afb5719e49 *./drp/XP (Bashrat) [dev]/DP_Graphics_C_wnt5_x86-32_912.7z
5a7fdbf46066073557b193f163b45331 *./drp/XP (Bashrat) [dev]/DP_Graphics_Languages_wnt5_x86-32_100102.7z
71075f240bc6d934e6e4155ad6ea3377 *./drp/XP (Bashrat) [dev]/DP_LAN_wnt5_x86-32_1001b2.7z
9e8db82de4d7e17c77f905acfba32067 *./drp/XP (Bashrat) [dev]/DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_100125.7z
dcbb12e07f9e932b7584c7376a8300cb *./drp/XP (Bashrat) [dev]/DP_Sound_A_wnt5_x86-32_1001b2.7z
e80303e99d9e5fa0636b7dd7476b65cb *./drp/XP (Bashrat) [dev]/DP_Sound_B_wnt5_x86-32_91204.7z
706b253084439f42a65d70278e9c42f4 *./drp/XP (Bashrat) [dev]/DP_WLAN_wnt5_x86-32_91101.7z
ea2a4df27471e4059c7666243e3f0830 *./drp/XP (Greg)/dp_chipset_wxp_x86-32_129_greg_b.7z
7cf40e61996a070e7e3da2988d8cd591 *./drp/XP (Greg)/DP_Graphics_ATI_wxp_x86-32_Greg_B_n2o_110.7z
0f54be7ac12b48f8f7bbde2bab1f6061 *./drp/XP (Greg)/DP_GRAPHICS_INTEL_x86_32_122_greg_b.7z
697b4007919cef8d1f3136354bdc8e47 *./drp/XP (Greg)/DP_Graphics_Nvidia_wxp_x86-32_Greg_B_108.7z
fc44215009580534792b4d85aee04364 *./drp/XP (Greg)/DP_Graphics_Nvidia_wxp_x86-32_Greg_B_dna_103.7z
939e43c4a6108f94a5bfd6624a0a5579 *./drp/XP (Greg)/dp_graphics_sis_wxp_x86-32_103_greg_b.7z
94ddcf8760479dc7374d6aace932f90f *./drp/XP (Greg)/dp_graphics_via_wxp_x86_32_105_greg_b.7z
2b10c39872f39a760ceb493c8fb35d8b *./drp/XP (Greg)/dp_lan_wxp_x86-32_117_greg_b.7z
a6907266bf139017cdba639a2c974296 *./drp/XP (Greg)/dp_sound_cmedia_wnt5_x86-32-greg_b_104.7z
bb620c2430f5c60f5ed5f0b6c13a0468 *./drp/XP (Greg)/dp_sound_nvidia_wxp_x86-32_102_greg_b.7z
3fe73c5659f0ce2dac11df18697d7965 *./drp/XP (Greg)/dp_sound_realtek_wxp_x86-32_122_greg_b.7z
2092c6c8870dd8e441a401b5c9720158 *./drp/XP (Greg)/dp_sound_via_wxp_x86-32_107_greg_b.7z
27183b2b5e11f365bd8a6bb68d5bfeda *./drp/XP (Greg)/DriverPack_MassStorage_wxp_x86-32_136_greg_b.7z
67c463fbf5e60e46acdd8c0f7ccfcd5e *./drp/XP (QuarQ)/DP_Graphics_ATI1001_wnt5_x32_Q.7z
f1b7015689aeeca6ac45c51348bfec0a *./drp/XP (QuarQ)/DP_Graphics_NV19634_wnt5_x86-32_1001QM.7z
e8312762bbebce8d0181632e24fc2ec6 *./drp/XP (QuarQ)/DP_Sound_Realtek241_wnt5_x32_1001Q.7z
e3aa7ef4fb4d781acae580286fc4151b *./drp/XP (SamLab)/DP_AMD_CPU_wnt5_x86-32_912.7z
27fc777149f6015e10c5ea68841e78ac *./drp/XP (SamLab)/DP_Chipset_MB_wnt5_x86-32_909.7z
6c7aa4b4922e969917c157780b729a2a *./drp/XP (SamLab)/DP_LAN_Network_wnt5_x86-32_101.7z
6133f52d732be574288c22500c0c25d8 *./drp/XP (SamLab)/DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_101.7z
789944f6cd8dc1930249475dc3c81538 *./drp/XP (SamLab)/DP_Sound_CMedia_wnt5_x86-32_912.7z
0349c599d9870c7dfb4a6ff8d146e2c9 *./drp/XP (SamLab)/DP_Sound_Conexant_wnt5_x86-32_912.7z
2c47a5138acd8c7479065562bb56aebc *./drp/XP (SamLab)/DP_Sound_Creativ_wnt5_x86-32_912.7z
31e215be313ae79639d8b5ccc7cfa0e1 *./drp/XP (SamLab)/DP_Sound_Others_wnt5_x86-32_912.7z
d658f0f4f5afe00ad599077f77629468 *./drp/XP (SamLab)/DP_Sound_Realtek_wnt5_x86-32_101.7z
82d811c230abdd36c55cfb1e746ff2a7 *./drp/XP (SamLab)/DP_Sound_Sigmatel_wnt5_x86-32_912.7z
ea63aa0b81f54355a7bd74ebd853d333 *./drp/XP (SamLab)/DP_Sound_SndMax_wnt5_x86-32_912.7z
ceacc705371b4892b6b082327afb164c *./drp/XP (SamLab)/DP_Video_ATI_wnt5_x86-32_101.7z
a9975ecc4648694f34d818848850b023 *./drp/XP (SamLab)/DP_Video_Intel_wnt5_x86-32_101.7z
d9dbf0a81010dc17e695aad35579424a *./drp/XP (SamLab)/DP_Video_NEW_wnt5_x86-32_101.7z
8eb2312b47b455ef88f2849e0c2cbd39 *./drp/XP (SamLab)/DP_Video_nVIDIA_wnt5_x86-32_101.7z
eb84483fc3c802094f0807cd8ce64db1 *./drp/XP (SamLab)/DP_Video_Others_wnt5_x86-32_912.7z
5e2b1c23118eb278ef1cad327d5754b1 *./drp/XP (SamLab)/DP_WLAN_Network_wnt5_x86-32_911.7z

Last edited by BadPointer (2010-02-05 11:23:56)

all of those packs are downlaoded from here wink

and SamLab is a respected member of our team at DriverPacks ...

and greg just modifies existing DriverPacks packs (he did not create them himself he just mods our packs wink)

I think it is you who is confused

third party packs http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewforum.php?id=13
server http://3rdpartydriverpacks.thesneaky.com/

I know that SamLab is a member here but he makes his own packs based on these packs. I have to manually compare these packs(with WinMerge) to exclude duplicates and older versions when I prepare a release. As far I know, he doesn't agree with something so he makes his own tweaks.

Driverpacks made by QuarQ and Greg are completely different though.

I am not familiar with QuarQ but greg i am see my last post again i edited it

and Sam is just leaking our nighlties (our test packs wink) yes he works on some of them too. lots of other people do also wink

http://driverpacks.sytes.net/driverpacks/

again i think it is you who is confused wink

We don't like having our test packs released and Sam knows it so he releases them himslef that does not make it / them his work wink you will find those packs on our nightly server wink

gregs work is a fork of OUR work

The DVD doesn't include the stable DriverPacks in favor of nighlties(hence they are marked "dev[elopment]").
The program won't suggest older drivers by default even if they are more stable.

I don't dig deep into driverpacks. I just try to exclude obvious duplicates and old driverpacks.
By providing a full set of driverpacks for each maintainer I give the user opportunity to choose drivers from the maintainer to whom they trust.
I come to trust QuarQ's driverpacks for example.

Last edited by BadPointer (2010-02-05 11:42:12)

SamLab)/x64/MasStorage_x64_9121.7z = http://driverpacks.net/driverpacks/wind … age/9.12.1

that is ours smile so are the rest...

check our main site and the nightly server compare for yourself

e2162110e469f192fe037a5553ab8847 *./drp/Vista & 7 (SamLab)/x64/MasStorage_x64_9121.7z

ED0D39414B8E933015E0A6206CC9EF8D http://driverpacks.net/driverpacks/wind … age/9.12.1

They are different.

EDIT:
It's late here. I'll be back tomorrow.

Last edited by BadPointer (2010-02-05 11:53:28)

I'm not surprised we repackaged all of them last week for an upcoming BASE release that supports a new folder structure

the ones that are *s.7z are probably the ones he actually has modded wink

the rest are ours and the 3rd party DriverPack are right off our server wink

If you intend to list everyones names you are looking at about 50 names or more wink

Just Say the Bâshrat the Sneaky's DriverPacks Team and call it a day wink

If you want to list Greg and SamLab then you need to also point out that they have just modified our packs
(they are not original works! - they are forks of our work)

QuarQ i have no idea about

Muiz is the original author of almost all of the NT6 packs wink

the point i am trying to make here is that you can't credit someone like SamLab without ALSO crediting EVERY SINGLE PERSON who contributed to that pack before he did. He may have updated a driver but what about the person who originally added it? What about the person who reported it missing in the forum and provided a link to it? What about Bâshrat the Sneaky aka Wim Leers who wrote the first pack?  You simply can't just pick one person and say they did any particular pack Because that is not the case. the packs have been developed by a TEAM of people over many years.

the only fair and equitable solution is to credit them all IE "The DriverPacks Team" if you begin to single out individuals then you have to credit them all and trying to figure out who has done what over the last 7 years will take you longer than it did to write your application wink

No... clearly the only fair and equitable choice is to credit everyone equally, it was, and is, and will continue to be, a team effort.

it is not fair to call a pack SamLab's and credit him alone when 90% of the work done on that pack was not done by him. It does make sense for him to put his name on a pack he modded, same for greg, that way it allows us to see that it is a fork... I do not belive either of these guys attempts to claim them as original works wink and neither should you promote them that way in your app...

no more than it would be fair for you to attempt to call your project the BadPointer Solution, based on you being the last person to add something to it. wink

@SamLab - You know that I love and respect you! I chose you for my example because I feel that you do know how much I do respect you and your contributions to our project. You are truly a DriverPacks hero. I used you only for example and did not mean anything personal!

I think I like "Powered by DriverPacks.net DriverPacks - Our thanks to the DriverPacks Team" the most. It highlights that
it is the DriverPacks Team who should be thanked for the idea and the original driverpacks and it's the technology
which made DriverPack Solution possible.

Other driverpack maintainers might be given enough credit at the release announcement. It's too bad I don't know goals of some of them
so I can't make a proper description for each driverpack maintaner. I know the goals of The DriverPacks Team and QuarQ though.

The about window can be translated in different languages and I don't even know how to translate it into Russian. I think I'll left it in English. Besides users are quite familiar with "Powered by Intel" on logos.

Take a look at the window and let me know if everything is all right before I commit the change to SVN as R145.
After that you'll be able to use a SVN client to update your local copy(right click on the folder, click "Update").
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? … ho5jy3mttj

It's great to see that you recognize that DriverPack Solution would not have been possible without DriverPacks.net, and that you're willing to give credit where credit is due. Thanks!

I'm afraid Overflow is right though: the DriverPacks maintained by others seem either forks with minimal changes or very small DriverPacks. I understand that they have different goals: that they want to release updated DriverPacks more often, i.e. preferring update speed over stability.
To that, I say: let's collaborate. If they would collaborate with us, we'd have more manpower and would be able to reach stability faster and hence have a better update speed. That also bundles our efforts and prevents duplication. I'd appreciate it if you could let them know we want them to collaborate here. It's better for everybody involved to have a single location to arrange all this.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Wim Leers wrote:

It's great to see that you recognize that DriverPack Solution would not have been possible without DriverPacks.net, and that you're willing to give credit where credit is due. Thanks!

I just committed R145.
http://code.google.com/p/driverpacksolu … tail?r=145
If you checked out a working copy from SVN, use the command "Update" to get the latest revision.

I was looking all over place for the link to driverpacks.net in DriverPack Solution 8 and 9 but found none. There are plenty of links, including comprehensive list of hardware manufacturers. This makes me wonder if ArtX even know where the DriverPacks originated. For all we know, he could have used driverpacks by SamLab giving all credit to SamLab. ArtX doesn't speak English and might not have known about the DriverPack.
SamLab makes his tweaks to the DriverPacks and distributes driverpacks rebranded as SamDrivers with Driver Installer Assistant. The users aren't given any information about the origin of driverpacks apart from the links in Driver Installer Assistant. Considering the overwhelming popularity of SamDrivers in the RUnet, it's no wonder many people don't know anything about the DriverPacks and the fact that SamDrivers are based on the DriverPacks. I never knew that Greg's driverpacks are based on the DriverPacks either. The filenames were so different that I never tried to compare them with the DriverPacks.
EDIT: SamLab and Greg give proper credit to the driverpacks. Sorry for making the false claim. I should have checked it before showing my ignorance. There are many unofficial torrents where  the DriverPacks aren't mentioned though

I think people were mostly unaware about the DriverPacks and were using different branches, until I begun collecting driverpacks from over the Internet and uploading them to my mediafire and providing the links to the maintainers.
I suggest we educate users by asking the other maintainers to provide information about the DriverPacks and stating thier goals.

EDIT2: I can't even come up with a good excuse for not mentioning the DriverPacks at all in old versions of DriverPack Solution.

Wim Leers wrote:

I'm afraid Overflow is right though: the DriverPacks maintained by others seem either forks with minimal changes or very small DriverPacks. I understand that they have different goals: that they want to release updated DriverPacks more often, i.e. preferring update speed over stability.
To that, I say: let's collaborate. If they would collaborate with us, we'd have more manpower and would be able to reach stability faster and hence have a better update speed. That also bundles our efforts and prevents duplication. I'd appreciate it if you could let them know we want them to collaborate here. It's better for everybody involved to have a single location to arrange all this.

It appears you're already familiar with everyone except QuarQ. Do you want me to introduce QuarQ to driverpacks.net?

Last edited by BadPointer (2010-02-07 07:11:11)