Topic: [IMPL] md5 hashes / driverpacks

well, while my wish of md5 hashes of those single .archives was done by adding it , i would like to see some central .md5 file which is in the root of driverpacks download section.

so i dont have to check each link and go to process download to check each md5 hash.

perhaps someone can add only this link to download the .md5 file with all hashes and all filenames of the packs so it's easier for future.

only an optical issue.. but well.. i would like to see it wink

regards!
ben

Re: [IMPL] md5 hashes / driverpacks

This feature can only be added by Wim... and he does not have time ATM to address recoding the site...
I have presented this request to him and he also sees the need... (he agrees this is important /a priority too!)

If I had that central file for looking them up I could just add the feature to BASE smile
We (the team) do not have permissions to update the main site which is why we add them to the changelogs.
Because that is the part of the site we can update wink

This has been explained already in multiple places and multiple times... Perhaps in less detail.
I do not have the ability to add it without Wim (AKA Bâshrat the Sneaky) personaly updating the website... sorry!
(Perhaps this is a good time to point out that the site might be more of a priority if people donated.
Free work always takes a back seat to real jobs and real life)

Everyone recognizes the blatantly obvious advantages of adding this feature... (myself and Wim Leers included)
Make no mistake that we (Users, Team, Wim) agree that this feature offers everyone piece of mind and the elimination of many related support issues.

I can only add features to DriverPacks BASE...
We will just have to wait for our illustrious leader to have the available free time to get the site updated...
With Bâshrat the Sneaky being a full time college student and haveing to work to make ends meet he has little of that needed free time...

[personal rant]
I think it is a shame that we get a million downloads a week and he has to work to pay his bills.
IE if every user sent in one dollar he would not have to work would he?
It is really sad when you think about how selfish the community as a whole is.
Everyone stops by to download DriverPacks for free...
a few post their problems respectfully and with some apprecieation of how much we work we have done and how much work we have saved them,
even fewer (the ones I get annoyed with) act as if they are the only user we have ever had, (as if they contracted us to write DriverPacks for them alone)
and yet not even one in a thousand will send in even a single dollar...  lets think out loud for a second.

If one in a thousand users sent in one dollar that would be One Thousand dollars a week in Wim's pocket...
Wim would certainly find the time to fix our issues then. (probably the same day)
I don't know for certain but I am willing to bet my bottom dollar that less than one thousand dollars has been donated in the last two years! That makes DriverPacks a liability for him rather than an asset. That is just insane...

PS I would personaly be happy if someone just said 'thank you' to me, or showed a small amount of respect, once in a while! I am sure the team feels the same - The list of names of the people on our team are some of the best in the world in this field I am honored to be on their team and to have Wim loan me the keys to the car. Speaking of the DriverPacks Team we haven't even had more than a handful of people offering to join the team and donate a few hours of their time a month to help us update the packs. - Less than an handful in the entire the five years DriverPacks has been here sad

PSS have you sent in your dollar yet?
[end rant]

If I can wait patiently then so can you! (Meaning all of our users, not you personaly Ben! wink) TIA big_smile

Jeff

PS Thank you Ben, I agree, and I apologise to you personaly for using your excellent request as a platform for my rant...
We are glad you're here. You have been contributing excellent ideas like this one and providing feedback to the forum for years! the above comments are not intended for you! Since this request is popular I belive it will get read by many of our users.

Last edited by OverFlow (Today 11:18:00)

Last edited by OverFlow (2009-03-07 04:34:23)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

while this was nice written, enjoy the 10€ bucks i donated "just for fun" for your work.. share it with your mates, and enjoy the beer.

(while i used the packs with windows xp_pro_sp2) in a professional customer company network with about 40-50clients in a windows 2003 domain and this always worked fine and saved a lot of time .

so why not spend some money!

enjoy! and check your paypal account, payment was done 5minutes ago!

Your my hero!
I'm sure Wim is going to fall out of his chair when he sees it, it's a pretty rare occurance from what I gather. big_smile

I think this thread is going to get a lot of traffic because I think everyone will agree this is something that must be included in DriverPacks BASE.

You have an Awesome day sir!

Jeff

PS run over and grab you a DONOR's userbar wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Much appreciated, raummusik smile

And a new version of the site is ready for testing, it'll soon be online at http://dev.driverpacks.net. It does support MD5 hashes smile

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

i have visited the promised land... and it was good. wink

OverFlow wrote:

Your my hero!
I'm sure Wim is going to fall out of his chair when he sees it, it's a pretty rare occurance from what I gather. big_smile

I think this thread is going to get a lot of traffic because I think everyone will agree this is something that must be included in DriverPacks BASE.

Jeff

enjoy the other 10bucks i donated the last 5mins wink

regards

raummusik wrote:
OverFlow wrote:

Your my hero!

Jeff

enjoy the other 10bucks i donated the last 5mins wink

regards

Thanks! smile

I was behind on e-mail and was going to make you a DriverPacks donor, but obviously you already were one! We thank you! smile Happy holidays!

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Implemented in 10.6.x version of DriverPacks BASE