Topic: which driverpack to use

hello all, as you can tell by my screen name I'm not a pro a this, however i am a quick study, i want to use a driver pack (or packs) but I'm not sure to which i should use. must i go through each pack and look for the hardware i have? the tutorial state i can "go wild and download them all", is it possible to make the search that easy and just put them all in the driver pack folder and slipstream them and the install will pick out  what is needed? the pc(laptop) that I'm setting this up for is 5 yrs old, so does that mean i need a older drive pack or will just getting the newer date packs for storage/graphic/etc work? thank you for reading this and if you reply, your time.
Joel

Re: which driverpack to use

Welcome to DriverPacks Joel!

If you use all the main packs then there is 99.99 percent chance your hardware will be supported.
Only the drivers that your machine needs will remain on your machine the rest will be removed during / after the install. It really is that easy.

However the packs are huge and if you only ever intend to use your install disc on that single laptop you could save hundreds of MB on your install disc by adding only the drivers you specificaly need to your disc.
This is a little harder to do because you must first obtain all the drivers you need yourself and then you must use something to slipstream them. nLite works well for this task it is also very useful to automate and even create and ISO and even burn your installation disc.

DriverPacks primarily targets professional users who encounter "black boxes" where the hardware contained is unknown. Since our packs have been in development for over five years we don't have reports of missing drivers very often. When we get one we add it wink. They are as complete as is humanly possable.
You are not our target audience but you will find that DriverPacks will solve all your driver problems big_smile.
Just be aware that you will probably need to put the install on a DVD.

read the tutorial in my signature and let us know if you need help

have an awesome day.

Jeff

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.