Topic: How do I update this pack with new drivers for testing?

I am a little confused by this pack... no .ini file structure like the other packs I have been playing with and the same .inf name in many subfolders... I would like to experiment with a new Broadcom driver but I'm not sure how.

The driver would obviously be a "BRx" but do I just create a new folder named BR10 and copy the files in there or am I supposed to update one of the existing "BRx" folders  and if so how do I know which one?

Re: How do I update this pack with new drivers for testing?

use search LOL - ROFL smile wink tongue

Um... a good place to start IS to use windows search.

Extract WLAN then windows search the "D" folder...
Put *.inf in for the file name box
Put the PCI/VEN part of the related HWID in the
"A word or phrase in the file" box

That will list all the existing drivers that support that HWID. A good place to start.
Compare your version to the existing (there is almost always an existing, sometimes more than one.)
Then you compare each INFs supported HWIDs list. Is it a replacement or a supplement?

That should get you started

More info on how to mess with the packs is in the testing team forum...
Since it now seems it would be helpful to everyone...

WELCOME to the testing team!

PS no INI in teh wlan pack because we don't have any issues with it big_smile.
an entry in the INI file is like a black mark on that drivers name. It means it has an exception. it is a problem child. a non conformist. a black sheep. ( you get the idea )

Thanks for contributing, we like that alot!

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Re: How do I update this pack with new drivers for testing?

OverFlow wrote:

use search LOL - ROFL smile wink tongue

Is it a replacement or a supplement?

You're right... always remember search is your friend :-)

The instructions worked like a charm and sure enough pointed me to the correct folder but determining replacement or supplement is a little confusing still but I'll get it lol

Thanks for the Team invite and WOW lots more reading material :-)