Topic: DP BASE will not recognize any Driver Pack!

Hello everyone

First, thanks for this great program and this beautiful forum!

Now to my problem:
I've downloaded the following:
1. DriverPacks BASE 7.05.1
2. DriverPack Chipset 7.05.1
3. DriverPack LAN 7.05
4. DriverPack MassStorage 7.05
5. DriverPack WLAN 7.04

When I run DP BASE, in the DriverPacks window, ALL checkboxes are grayed out except for one at the bottom: "DriverPack MassStorage text mode". That is the only checkbox I can tick or untick. As I said, all the other ones are grayed out, meaning I cannot use any of the other DriverPacks.

What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks very much,
Gant.

Re: DP BASE will not recognize any Driver Pack!

hi

if all driverpacks are in the driverpacks folder (where they have to be), and then you still see this, it it because you selected the BartPE plugin option. smile

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

This is why we need to put the english tutorial on the main page under "tutorials" hmm

Gantlett, you can find the english DP tutorial here
It should answer all your questions.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Thank you both for your help.

I've read the (excellent) manual and from what I understand I should integrate the driver packs into the Windows installation folder and only then run UBCD4Win Builder - is that right?

I think that the English manual should be posted in the www.driverpacks.net/Tutorials/ page.

Also, the DP BASE program is a bit confusing because it mentions explicitly that it supports BartPE but in practice it does not recognize driver packs in BartPE mode... The manual, however, says that whether you're creating a Windows installation CD or a BartPE CD you should choose "Disc" installation platform.

Anyway, this is a GREAT and VERY IMPORTANT project and I thank again everyone who helped/helps creating and supporting it!

Last edited by Gantlett (2007-05-26 21:54:41)

your source should not be slipstreamed for bartpe for two reasons

one - pebuilder will not copy any files other than the ones that are on its internal list of files. so slipstreamed drivers will not be copied.
two - drivers that are "upgraded" by slipstreaming my cause issues during the build process.

use a non driver pack modified source and use the base to create a plugin. then make sure the plugin is enabled from the pebuilder plugin screen. the drivers will be added to the destination during the build process. (and yes you have to select BartPE to get a BartPE plugin)

if you have done this correctly you will have a mass storage plugin in PEBuilder that is enabled.
(all the other packs will be greyed out for bartpe because only mass storage is supported so far.)

Last edited by OverFlow (2007-05-26 22:31:25)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Thanks for your reply

I've tried running the DP's on my WinXP source and then running UBCD4Win Builder, but like you said, it didn't work... (that was before I read your post) 

use the base to create a plugin. then make sure the plugin is enabled from the pebuilder plugin screen.

How do I go about creating a plugin using BASE? And what will this plugin contain exactly?

When I choose BartPE in BASE, like you said, the only available pack is MassStorage. Do you mean that I should run that on the UBCD4Win folder and then look for a DP plugin in the UBCD4Win Builder?

Thanks,
Gant.

yes that is what I mean

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Hi all.

I have the same problem with my DP. So thanks in advance to both of you Jaak and mr_smartepants for solved my problem. Now I will try again to solve this DP Base program which is too much confusing me, as you suggested.
Thank you for this helpful forum.

Welcome to DriverPacks lararefaeli