Topic: [SOLVED] Method 2 Driverpath additions?

Hi. I'm running a RIS based install and integrated Bâshrat the Sneaky using Method 2. This uses the DevicePath registry key to find all the drivers during the setup phase. Since I have additional drivers (i.e. biomethic, hdd shock protection, etc) that had worked previously using the OemPnPDriversPath= sif entry, I was wondering if there was a clean way to append these paths to the DevicePath folder during the installation phase so that it locates these drivers (it seems to ignore the OemPnPDriversPath sif field when method 2 is used). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Rickie

Re: [SOLVED] Method 2 Driverpath additions?

The way I see it you have two choices:

Either interate your special drivers using nLite or create your own 3rd Party DP as described here:

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=279

Thanks for the reply. I wound up just putting the additional driver subdirectories under $1\D in order to have devpath automatically add them. smile Easier to work with when you're debugging drivers since nLite each time would be a pain.

- Rickie

Check out Helmi's second suggestion. It may save you some time wink

It's very easy to create your own 3rd party DriverPack. If you can do RIS installs, then this is a laugh.

EDIT: may I ask you what company you work for? Drivers for biometric devices and HDD shock protection systems are completely unknown to me! You can contact me through mail if you prefer to not put it in public.

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2006-08-23 09:37:04)

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

biometrics will be in our belgian future soon enough...

I'd rather not not have "paranoia", yet in our day and age, we see a LOT of paranoids annoying techy boards.
Standards agreements always are about BIG money.
Every Govt wants its own hand in it, what makes me think Wim will be 70 before he sees a real standard.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

EDIT: may I ask you what company you work for? Drivers for biometric devices and HDD shock protection systems are completely unknown to me! You can contact me through mail if you prefer to not put it in public.

While IDK whether he works for a certain company or not, these things are not too uncommon among modern notebooks.

Mine already has a smart card reader that includes a security card which works much like a password (or, as you can see in many movies, as a substitute to a door key wink), the next step obviously is a finger print reader so you don't have to carry the card around and it can't get lost/stolen.

If the notebook features a camera, that can also be used to idetify the user.
Heck, for your MacBook, you can get a software that will take a mugshot of any stranger trying to play around with the thing! big_smile

HDD shock protection is also common among higher-rpcied business models.
It contains an acceleration sensor that will move the HDD's head into parking position once a certain threshhold is exceeded (eg when you move the notebook very fast or drop it!), as to avoid a headcrash.

So obviously you will need the proper drivers for all these shiny new inventions to work smile

Hey there Bâshrat the Sneaky. I work for a financial company in new york. Pretty much every laptop we buy these days has HDD protection built in. The drivers are  for the accelerometer and then there are control panel applets to control when it kicks off protection (i.e. parks the HD read head). Biometrics are less common but still making major inroads in business here.

The specific laptop I was building was an HP nc6400 series. All the drivers are available off HPs website. I'd like to thank you though for all your hard work with the driverpacks. It makes my build system very clean (single PXE/RIS image across all my desktops and notebooks) and can build on everything I can put my hands on. If you're thinking of integrating extra drivers into the mass storage pack, feel free to e-mail me and I can run tests against my systems.

- Rickie