Topic: Bios corrupted!

Hello,

I have just made a S.A.D with ALL the driverpacks selected.

When i tested the disk on my own computer my computer did not boot up again.

It does not get past the bios??

Would this have something to do with the stand alone disk that i ran on my computer?

Thanks,

Trez.

Last edited by Trezona (2009-07-12 02:09:30)

Re: Bios corrupted!

I don't see how... You installed drivers. Updating drivers has no effect on a machines BIOS.

None of our millions of other users have reported anything similar in the past...

not getting past the BIOS is a Hardware failure... DriverPacks is a Driver (software) updater.

Now if you said that you had a BSOD... then it would  be related.

Welcome to DriverPacks

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Yes i did not think it was driver related!

Very strange!

I'll look into it some more!

I must say well done on a fantastic idea for driver archiving!

Cheers,

Trez.

See if the system will boot in "Safe" mode.  Hold (or repeatedly mash) the F8 key after the BIOS.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

If you have an external USB Hard Drive etc., unplug it and try again.

Thanks for all the advice guys!

I'll check it out as soon as i get back to the office.

I just find it strange that this pc has been running fine for 2 years until i decide to try these update packs!  wink

Trez.

Last edited by Trezona (2009-07-12 05:18:20)

I also have seen an external USB device hang a system at the BIOS stage... Good call BigBrit!

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Trezona wrote:

I just find it strange that this pc has been running fine for 2 years until i decide to try these update packs!  wink

Well, well, never change a running system, they say wink

Murphy's law and all that...

How To Repair Corrupted BIOS-:

1. Take the non-working bios chip out of its motherboard and set it aside to keep it safe.
   2. Take the working bios chip out of the working motherboard and insert it into the other motherboard, but do not press it all the way into its socket. Only place the chip so that its connectors are touching the sockets contacts firmly.
   3. Attempt to boot the motherboard with its temporarily installed bios chip. You must get the system booted to a floppy disk which contains the correct bios and installer for the broken motherboard. Do not flash the working bios chip.
   4. Gently use a chip puller or pair of small screwdrivers to remove the working bios chip from its socket. Be careful not to touch anything metal with the tools, as you must leave the system running for this. Set the working bios chip aside.
   5. Insert the corrupted bios chip firmly into the slot in the running motherboard. Again, be careful not to touch anything metal.
   6. Flash the corrupted bios following the instructions in How to Update Your Computer's BIOS.
   7. Cross your fingers and reboot.
   8. If it worked, reinstall the working bios chip back in its motherboard.