Topic: Where are the driverpack descriptions?

Hi! Im a complete newbie at this! I've been following the 'Driverpacks Tutorial' located in the FAQ's and have got stuck at this point:

"...make sure to read the descriptions for each pack and only select the ones applicable to your hardware..."

When I 'view' each driverpack I cannot find a description of the hardware it supports? Please help?

Thanks

Re: Where are the driverpack descriptions?

We just launched the new site over the weekend... please excuse our dust!

the supported devices list will be re-added to the site ASAP... Sorry for the confusion!

Stay tuned we have some cool new site features in development!

Jeff

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I'm confused, I've just read this on the home page:

"For each of these DriverPacks we include every device driver of that category. "

Also I found this from an admin. in another post:

"When you are using the DriverPacks, no one is going to ask for the make because they are universal, supporting all manufacturers!
That's the great thing about them, no more worries about what's actually inside the case wink

You just grab the DriverPacks and in 99% of all cases it will work, simply amazing"

Link here:

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=3405

It sounds as though all I need to do is get all of the latest driverpacks (10 of them for XP) and put them on my installation disc? Is this correct? If this is incorrect can I ask when your going to include the descriptions?

Regards

David

costnowt wrote:

It sounds as though all I need to do is get all of the latest driverpacks (10 of them for XP) and put them on my installation disc? Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct.
Doing so, the chances of your then to be created installation disc to cover all your HW are pretty high.

There's no downside to include them all, save for the higher space consuption on the installation medium (NOT the HDD to install to, unless you use KtD, which isn't recommended anymore).

Of course "put[ting] them on [your] installation disc" is a bit too generic, you will have to use the BASE for that.
I'm just pointing this out in case you haven't read the tut, yet.
Some users may think that you have to extract them and simply place them on your disc for Windows to find them, that is both wrong wink

Thanks! I'll have a crack at it then.

@Helmi - Nice to see you Helmi!!!! Things quieting down for you since is it summer?

Agreed... Read the DriverPacks BASE tutorial (link in my signature). The tutorial is older but will cover everything you need to slipstream the drivers to your XP install. I recomend you use Method 2 (M2) with at least the ten main DriverPacks.

It is a rare occurance when a device is not paired with its' driver for any desktop model PC, from time to time we have reports of missing drivers for laptops. sometimes a modem (3rd party DriverPack for modems), more often it is the silly shortcut buttons or a webcam smile.

If you find hardware that is not installed use the tool in my signature to pull the HWIDs. find your driver install it and make sure it works. then report the HWIDs here with a link to where you got the tested known working driver... This is HOW we managed to get 99% of all drivers included... We add them when we discover somthing not covered. since we have been doing this for five years now our packs are quite complete smile.

Have a great day and let us know how your doing!

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Hey Jeff!
Nah, still busy as helll hmm

Trying to check in once in a while and grab the latest nightlies for the few test installs I'm still doing.
Currently battling with some darn BSOD that I cannot track down to a driver at all... sad

I'd be putting 7 on that rig (tried already), but it lacks the GFX, RAID and Gameport driver...

Is there a place to add a missing driver? I had a problem with a gateway using the NVidia 630/7100 combination this week and the current driverpacks didn't include the driver (nor did Vista SP1!)  I have the driver and the sif info. I just wanted to submit it so others can get the additions too.
Just let me know where to send them.

Thanks,
-Ken

Hey Ken... Nice to see you again.

Please start a thread in the appropriate forum (Graphics Lan Mass) Use [REQ] To start your title with.
State BASE and Pack versions or include your DPs_BASE.log, State the HWIDs of the offending devices.

Have a great day... and i am going to jump the gun a little on this one - Thanks for posting wink

Driverpacks were created for integrating drivers directly into your Windows setup CD,which also happens to make an unattended installation easier.AMD Driver Pack is a comprehensive installation program for the AMD 8000 series chipset.The disc is designed to clean install from a bootable CD.It seems that it's adding a security certificate for something.