Topic: Error using Dutch Language File

Well, first of all I wanna thank De Grote Moefti for making these nice driverpacks available for public. Great work!
Keep on doing guys. It's being highly appreciated.

Unfortunately I'm constantly getting an error when starting up DP's Base. Language is set to Dutch. I have no idea what causes this.
DP's base and all (sub)folders are stored in E:\Portable Software\Programmabestanden\DriverPacks Base 8.05 on my pc.
Can anyone tell me please how to solve this annoying message?

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1756/klembord01.th.jpg

Thanx!

Last edited by Markman-B (2009-06-11 20:41:33)

Re: Error using Dutch Language File

Who the heck is De Grote Moefti and why are we thanking him?

Where did you get the DriverPacks from?

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Never heard of a joke? Google and find out who The Big Mufti is hahaha. (and don't take it too serious....!)
Driverpacks are from here.

Last edited by Markman-B (2009-06-12 05:54:43)

did you download last year? try the newer version please...

Can you post your DPs_BASE.log?

I googled...but failed to connect the dots... and did not recognize the name...
i tend to lag a little in the AM as a rule anyway wink tongue

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Thanx for your willingness to help me. Here's my logfile. It does not matter if a folder is selected with an OS or not. The error message keeps popping up up. For your knowledge: all 20 language files are present in the lng folder.

2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> DriverPacks BASE 8.12.5 initialized.
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> Host environment: WIN_XP Service Pack 3 on X86 CPU.
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> Created temporary working directory.
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> Imported proxy settings from Internet Explorer.
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> Start scanning for DriverPacks for the wnt5_x86-32 platform.
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> 	Detected DriverPack Chipset 902!
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> 	Detected DriverPack CPU 804!
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> 	Detected DriverPack Graphics A 8121!
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> 	Detected DriverPack Graphics B 8121!
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> 	Detected DriverPack Graphics C 8121!
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> 	Detected DriverPack LAN 8121!
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> 	Detected DriverPack MassStorage 901!
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> 	Detected DriverPack Sound A 805!
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> 	Detected DriverPack Sound B 805!
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> 	Detected DriverPack WLAN 806!
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> 	Detected 3rd Party DriverPack Graphics A PhysX 8121!
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> 	Detected 3rd Party DriverPack Graphics Languages 8121!
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> 	Finished scanning.
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> Detected settings file "E:\Portable Software\Programmabestanden\DriverPacks Base 8.05\DPs_BASE.ini".
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> No OS could be detected.
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> Imported settings from settings file.
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> [Settings]\DPsMethod not specified: default (2) was set.
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> [Settings]\finisherMethod not specified: default (GUIRunOnce) was set.
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> [OptionalSettings]\KTD not specified: default (none) was set.
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> [OptionalSettings]\QSC not specified: default (yes) was set.
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> [OptionalSettingsOther]\ATI_cpl not specified: default (None) was set.
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> [OptionalSettingsOther]\Nvidia_cpl not specified: default (None) was set.
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <INIT> QuickStream Cache directory not found!
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <GUI>  Initialized GUI.
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <GUI>  Created a list of all available language files.
2009-06-11 14:07:30 : <WARN> 3 Language file lng\Dutch.lng invalid: [any_any_any__GUI]\settings_location_12 entry does not exist! The English text will be shown instead! Please contact the translator for this language (Dutch), Wim Leers and Muiz, in the forum to fix this!
2009-06-11 14:07:32 : <WARN> 3 Language file lng\Dutch.lng invalid: [any_any_any__GUI]\updateChecker_18 entry does not exist! The English text will be shown instead! Please contact the translator for this language (Dutch), Wim Leers and Muiz, in the forum to fix this!
2009-06-11 14:07:32 : <GUI>  Set the last used language, Dutch, as the GUI language.
2009-06-11 14:07:57 : <GUI>  Closed GUI.
2009-06-11 14:07:57 : <GUI>  Saved settings!
2009-06-11 14:07:58 : <CLNP> Temporary working directory successfully deleted.
- = DriverPacks BASE ini settings used = -
[General]
; preferred language
prefLang	= "Dutch"
; yes/no, enable or disable the wizard-style buttons, if not specified: yes
wizardButtons	= "yes"
; yes/no, enable or disable the GUI, if not specified: yes
GUI		= "yes"

[Settings]
; disc/bartpe/multibootDisc
instPlatform	= "disc"
; trailing backslash is allowed, but not necessary
location	= ""
2009-06-11 14:07:58 : <CLNP> Create a DPs_Base.log backup @ E:\Portable Software\Programmabestanden\DriverPacks Base 8.05\LogFiles\DPs_BASE_09-06-11_14-07.log
2009-06-11 14:07:58 : <CLNP> Program terminated.

Last edited by Markman-B (2009-06-12 20:04:58)

There are two lines missing from the language file...
You can add them yourself if you like...
just translate the lines in the English file and place them in the Dutch file wink.

sorry about that, Muiz and Wim have not submitted a recent Dutch lang file
the program should continue after the popups... ?

Thanx mate. I will solve it by adding the extra lines. The programs works fine and continues after the popup.
It was not a big issue, just annoying.

Last edited by Markman-B (2009-06-13 04:38:24)

Yes I have endured that often as I have added features... it is annoying, I agree.

I can upload the adapted Dutch version, if you like.

the bugtracker is where we submit language updates... Please do

And thank you for contributing! That's awesome!

jeff

I would like to do so, but I can't find an upload or an attachment button on that specific page?
What's the big secret behind the bugtracker? Do I have to beam in a bottle of water first?

You have to sign up first Mark. Thanks for contributing! smile

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Ah I see. I read somewhere i could login anonymously, but apparently this doesn't count for uploading a file.
I will sign in tomorrow. Bedankt Wimpie!

you can look at the other language submissions as a guide / reference / outline wink
NBD if you err on the report selections. We can edit it / them later if absolutely necessary wink
the important part is the attachement lol...

Thanks again,
  it is greatly appreciated when we recieve a little help!

Welcome to our team

Jeff

I just added the file with my bugtracker account.
I hope it went well. First time I used a bugtracker....

Thanx guys for the help.

Last edited by Markman-B (2009-06-16 05:30:59)

I have added your update to the "head" version it will be in the next version...

Plus users can download your ver directly from the bugtracker too big_smile

Thanx. Oh yeah, i have a question concerning the driverpacks. Are all drivers in these packs the latest available version?
That's one thing I still wonder.

Last edited by Markman-B (2009-06-17 21:47:10)

Wim used to always include the latest versions...
DriverPacks was much smaller then (it grew into the ten current packs).

Since we include over 90% of all available drivers for windows there is the potential for many conflicts when using the full set and especially with 3rd party DriverPack too. Most drivers are not written very well, In fact it is the teams consensus that they are oblivious to how badly they actualy do write them. The point is you just can't drop a driver into the packs. There is an entire process involved, Dump the hwids from the packs and the old and new driver compare and eliminate duplicates, verify signing, release to testing team, likely fail several times and then Beta, RC, and Release. Since there are only a couple of people active on adding drivers there is a huge amount of work to do and only a few people to do it...

We like to stay current but that takes a back seat to  Stability...
This was a change the team made from Wim's original process.
We feel that Stable packs are referred to buggy ones that have all the latest drivers.
Just because a driver is new does not make it better... (Never use version 0.0 of anything wink)
It might be better but we don't know until it has been released and tested by a large audience.

We release our packs to the testing team as nightlies (alphas).
We have a few hundred testers with access to thousands of machines.
If a pack makes it a week on the testing team with no issues we consider it a Release Candidate (RC).
It often takes months to groom a nightly pack into a RC, once a pack achieves RC status it usually will be released within a week... We have a new set of graphics packs that are in RC status right now...  and a mass pack that looks good for RC status too... big_smile smile

There is much going on in the background (hidden forums) that is not visible to the public.
Like a bee hive, not much to see from the outside. wink

The short answer is being current takes a back seat to being stable. (No reported issues)

We primarily care that there are zero issues with our packs...
No BSODs, no crashes, no lost functionality, no lost performance, no bugs.

If all hardware is supported, and there are zero reported issues from our users.
   Then we have done the best possible job, at least in the teams collective opinion.
8 million people download the DriverPacks a month (Assume multiple installs per download) and we have zero reported issues... How would you rate that on a 1- 10 scale wink

Often times people will ask we add a newer driver.
I often ask them why?
  They then seem perplexed...
So I then ask what issue they were having that the newer driver addresses?
Does it make your HDD faster? more reliable? What problem were you having with the old one?
  They usually must meekly report they were having no issues at all. LOL
So I then press on What issue does the newer driver claim to correct?
  They usually have no clue...
So why waste our time asking if the only reason to add the driver is so it reports a higher version number???? PLEASE... You just want bragging rights lol... Just shoot yourself OK?
In all likelihood the newer driver is probably just going to introduce bugs into an otherwise rock solid solution...

If a driver address' a known issue or adds HWIDs then sure... It goes right to the top of the list of things to do.

See what happens when you 'wonder' around here wink

Jeff

Well that's a pretty extended answer for a short question smile
But I can see your point and I agree that stability is the most important issue.
Newer is definitely not always better. Therefore I still use Winamp 2.95, Office 2000, Nero 6 for example.
Smaller, faster and more stable. I can see the similarities with drivers.

It's nice to read that the packs have been tested before they're released for public.
I did not encounter any problem so far.